Budget 25-30k Any clue when Asus zenfone 8 will release?

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!

Many companies have very poor launch schedules in India, Moto G 100 hasn't been launched yet. By the time it releases(if it releases), xiaomi might decrease the price of its SD870 phones. Same with Asus and even Google with their pixel line.

If it goes for under 30k, whichever site it releases on will crash lol.

Yup very true..but Asus shouldn't be late to party to a competitive market like India..as far as 8Z its a very promising and great phone what it offers in the flagship segment, not gimmicky like Oneplus with two 5G bands and crap..!
To be honest i really didn't understand Asus strategy here in launching !! nd the wait still continues...

Yup very true..but Asus shouldn't be late to party to a competitive market like India..as far as 8Z its a very promising and great phone what it offers in the flagship segment, not gimmicky like Oneplus with two 5G bands and crap..!
To be honest i really didn't understand Asus strategy here in launching !! nd the wait still continues...
Got tired of waiting for Asus, and at this point - I've moved on. Battery change + custom ROM is the way I took. Not going to buy a new phone for a while now.

If they want to not even compete with MI then yeah.
Asus already has a not so astonishing pricing for their already launched phones. We are all looking for next poco f1 but now that xiaomi has established itself in the market and one plus has settled there isn't going to be next poco f1. Asus doesn't compete with mi if one looks at their launch schedules. In fact if mi polishes their ui, removes bloat and solves that greent tint issue in their amoled screens it very well might gobble up samsung.

ASUS still hasnt released the zenfone 8 in India! What a joke. How do these companies even hope to do well if they cant even release a phone in a market as big as ours, 6 months after launch?

Also google? 5a just for US and Japan. What a joke!

would have gotten this from the us through a friend but checked the screen size ..why have they made such a small size screen in this day and age :( ? It is reminiscent of jobs quote that nobody needs big screens, when in reality everyone wants one.

would have gotten this from the us through a friend but checked the screen size ..why have they made such a small size screen in this day and age :( ? It is reminiscent of jobs quote that nobody needs big screens, when in reality everyone wants one.
If you read the OP and even in many of the consequent posts, you will see that it is people who want small phones/screens who were really interested/waiting for this phone because they have very limited choices.

Edit - They have the Zenfone 8 Flip which is an even more premium phone and has the usual bigger screen size as others.

If you read the OP and even in many of the consequent posts, you will see that it is people who want small phones/screens who were really interested/waiting for this phone because they have very limited choices.

Edit - They have the Zenfone 8 Flip which is an even more premium phone and has the usual bigger screen size as others.
sorry missed it, just read the last few posts

What is moto's update policy and is their camera at par with samsung?
2 updates I think. Camera is acceptable IMO.

I honestly don't care much about such stuff. I need something that works without much fuss (3.5mm audio jack for eg) and can work for 3 years at least. My current Moto X4 fits the bill and so did Moto G prior to that.

Only gripe I have with Edge 20 Fusion is how big it is. It's almost 2 cm taller than X4 and I already struggle with X4 when I wear some of my jeans.
Whatever happened to phones with less than 6" display? I remember how Note 3 was mocked for being too big. A colleague of mine had bought it and he had to take it out of his trousers while going up stairs. People wondered how many people would buy these phablets. Who knew almost all flagships and midrange phones would be bigger than that.

2 updates I think. Camera is acceptable IMO.

I honestly don't care much about such stuff. I need something that works without much fuss (3.5mm audio jack for eg) and can work for 3 years at least. My current Moto X4 fits the bill and so did Moto G prior to that.

Only gripe I have with Edge 20 Fusion is how big it is. It's almost 2 cm taller than X4 and I already struggle with X4 when I wear some of my jeans.
Whatever happened to phones with less than 6" display? I remember how Note 3 was mocked for being too big. A colleague of mine had bought it and he had to take it out of his trousers while going up stairs. People wondered how many people would buy these phablets. Who knew almost all flagships and midrange phones would be bigger than that.
Classic case of companies deciding what customers need. Compact phones aren't going to be mainstream as a small fraction of consumers may want a relatively small screen but with bezels gone, you have less space for battery and other stuff like sensors and cameras. IPhone SE 2 was 4.7 and it wasn't well received because of poor battery. Few years ago, that phone would have killed but now that big batteries and media consumption on mobiles are very common, it didn't make sense for people to get a phone with very powerful chip but no juice to use it. The mobile companies aren't going to take many risks by developing compact phones. I want them to, but I guess the reality is different.

I haven't considered Oneplus or any other fully Chinese companies. I don't think their build quality is good as they often cut corners to keep the cost low. My current phone is 3.5 years old now. I doubt OnePlus 5 or 5T would've lasted till now.
To add to this, one plus recently has gone nuts. Poor software support, CPU throttling, bugs, shitty pricing while selling marketing gimmick of a camera etc. I'd stay away from oneplus.

Samsung, iPhone, Pixel and Asus. With the latter two, availability remains an issue.

Back