Budget 25-30k Any clue when Asus zenfone 8 will release?

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!

Hi, can I ask you a small favour?
Are you using bank apps post custom rom? Are they working fine? Any issue with safety net? Does unlocking of bootloader has an impact on safety net or it is only when you root does the safety net fails.
I wanted to try custom rom but this safety net thing keeps me away from doing it.

Hi, can I ask you a small favour?
Are you using bank apps post custom rom? Are they working fine? Any issue with safety net? Does unlocking of bootloader has an impact on safety net or it is only when you root does the safety net fails.
I wanted to try custom rom but this safety net thing keeps me away from doing it.
Every app working great, you need to hide them in magisk hide.

Also safetynet pass, though I am on rooted miui rom and had to scroll XDA for few hour to get safetynet pass.
Screenshot_2021-07-23-09-41-49-471_fpq.y.epbfkgru.jpg

@manucitc thanks for the reply.
I have some confusion regarding safety net. Hope you can help me.
We are all aware that safety net breaks if we root our phone and magisk hide is the solution. But suppose I don't want to root, but try only custom roms. So safety net should not fail since I have only unlocked the bootloader and have not rooted my phone through magisk.
Or am I missing something here? Or does safety net also fail when bootloader is unlocked?

We are all aware that safety net breaks if we root our phone and magisk hide is the solution. But suppose I don't want to root, but try only custom roms. So safety net should not fail since I have only unlocked the bootloader and have not rooted my phone through magisk.
Or am I missing something here? Or does safety net also fail when bootloader is unlocked?
This is exactly what I did. Didn't root, only custom rom after unlocking bootloader. Safety net is working fine. Banking apps, gpay, paytm, zerodha, coin work absolutely fine.

Safety net fail most of the time when bootloader is unlocked but everything work normally, every bank app.

Banking app has problem with root.

I'm even considering the iphone SE at this point.
SE 2020 has very poor battery. It is around 1800 mah. If a person wants to have it as a secondary/backup phone then sure it is a good choice. But, if one wants to use it as primary phone then you will get a powerful processor with great camera but a small battery. Small battery means more charging times. More charging times will probably degrade battery health faster. Also, it has ips screen which consumes more power *than amoled. It is a really weird phone. You got this powerful processor with no juice to drive it.

Edit: then to than

Last edited:
I'm also looking to switch from Nord to 8z, liked the compact size one of the main reason also not satisfied with Nord..! :D But it seems Asus is testing our patience ! lets see...
Many companies have very poor launch schedules in India, Moto G 100 hasn't been launched yet. By the time it releases(if it releases), xiaomi might decrease the price of its SD870 phones. Same with Asus and even Google with their pixel line.
It is nearly impossible that Asus would price the Zenfone 8 under 30k.
If it goes for under 30k, whichever site it releases on will crash lol.

Back