Budget 25-30k Any clue when Asus zenfone 8 will release?

bigquads

Market Restricted
Disciple
I'm due for a mobile upgrade having used Poco F1 for almost 3 years now! Brilliant phone but now it's noticeably slower and has battery issues. Looking towards the Zenfone 8 even though 40K range might be more than I want to spend on a phone.. I'm spoilt by the VFM factor of Poco F1 now..

I'm open to other phone suggestions as well. My ideal phone would be:
1. Good screen (OLED more important than fast refresh rate),
2. Decent camera (I take 20-30 photos in a year at best),
3. Small-ish size (max 6 inches),
4. Clean UI
5. Most importantly - battery life!

Support for 5G and availability of custom ROMs such as LineageOS is an added bonus! I'd like to restrict my spending to 30k( if possible). I'm open to buying a year old flagship also..

I have also looked into Poco X3 Pro but it misses out on OLED screen, size too big, UI too clunky!

I haven't considered Oneplus or any other fully Chinese companies. I don't think their build quality is good as they often cut corners to keep the cost low. My current phone is 3.5 years old now. I doubt OnePlus 5 or 5T would've lasted till now.
Just FYI my Oneplus 5 is 4+ years old, never had any issue with it. OP went apeshit after their last good phone Oneplus 7 Pro.
It just business in the end, they want to go mainstream and not so flagship killer anymore.

I haven't considered Oneplus or any other fully Chinese companies. I don't think their build quality is good as they often cut corners to keep the cost low. My current phone is 3.5 years old now. I doubt OnePlus 5 or 5T would've lasted till now.
Right. Was using my LG G6 for 4 years but the battery wasn't cutting it for me and forget about charging speeds. But sold my soul and bought the Nord 2

Replying late to the thread. As someone who knows from the people working on this, the launch date of this phone was in June or July. I had been following it closely as it was on my consideration set too but since then there has been no word of it internally. I feel you are better off purchasing something else.

Replying late to the thread. As someone who knows from the people working on this, the launch date of this phone was in June or July. I had been following it closely as it was on my consideration set too but since then there has been no word of it internally. I feel you are better off purchasing something else.
For me, that something else was Edge 20 Fusion which went out of stock in 2 minutes. :banghead:

Wife using a OP6 from mid 2018. 3 years, zero issues. Recent phones have been shitty though.

Already have the discussion going on here:

Already have the discussion going on here:
Did not know sorry.
After reading all above discussions. Not able to conclude. Is it going to be launched in India or not ??. If yes. Anybody knows near about date so i can wait. Because i hate the size of phone above 6 inches.

Last edited:
After reading all above discussions. Not able to conclude. Is it going to be launched in India or not ??. If yes. Anybody knows near about date so i can wait. Because i hate the size of phone above 6 inches.
Basically no one knows, it's all speculation but personally to me it seems more and more unlikely as time goes on. Maybe they might launch it on/near Diwali but beyond that I don't think it makes sense. Seems iPhone SE is the only real choice left for those who don't want large phones :/

Basically no one knows, it's all speculation but personally to me it seems more and more unlikely as time goes on. Maybe they might launch it on/near Diwali but beyond that I don't think it makes sense. Seems iPhone SE is the only real choice left for those who don't want large phones :/
Its battery backup is not that good. Tbh. I dont like apple ecosystem. I prefer android.

Its battery backup is not that good. Tbh. I dont like apple ecosystem. I prefer android.
Yea I have read reviews indicating so. The other choice is iPhone 12 Mini but again, Apple. No Android manufacturer is focused on smaller phones except Sony and Asus, and well neither has their presence in India for current gen phones so far. Sony Mobiles exited India if I'm not wrong, so that leaves only Asus (since Google isn't releasing the Pixel 6 here, and the 5A is just a rehashed 4A). Pixel 4A is the only compact Android phone with an excellent camera, but yea no compact Android flagships so far :/

I would have gone for this, but I personally have had some issues with Asus so unsure as of now. No news of Asus India launching this phone in the country as of yet any way.

Had an iPhone SE briefly. Battery life was atrocious. I think Android phones have spoiled us wrt battery life. But loved the form factor of the iPhone.

Currently using a Lava Z1.. coz YOLO

I'm now thinking twice to buy Zenfone8 after launching in India because of the "waiting for flashing full ramdump issue" plagued in the Asus zentalk forums ! Numbers are raising day by day..:( Hope its affecting a particular batch..but not sure..

Back