Any Hot Wheels collectors here?

Excellent thread, really enjoyed and loved going through the pages and images of Hot Wheels cars. Brings back some lovely memories of my childhood. :)

I have some of mine own, will post images of the ones I have. Also, folks I do have a few die-cast models from SIKU and Kinsmart... may I post some photographs of them here or should I start a separate thread for die-cast model collectors separately?

Dude 1000bucks per car??? Insane!!. You get these for MRP 99 bucks.

I didnt meant to crap this thread but the pricing is way off-belief.

I regularly visit toy shops which have these collections and sale for 99 bucks which is the MRP co. quote.

haha READ the whole thread. PROPERLY with your eyes wide open.. given individual prices for each cars
1k is for the entertainment models which are way different then stock hotwheels (ie 99rs ones).. they are released in sets of 5. with real riders and much better paint... packed differently. and they r not sold here first... second very very sought after models.

also alot of my cars from the sale are selling at same cost. im not doing this for business its a hobby.. i am limiting my collection thus selling extra.s and cars which i dont want.. not fooling anyone here so stop trying to make it sound like that when u dont know what im selling.. and what prices i paid to get these..

also next time before giving your gyaan and attacking someone.. read the whole thread.

haha READ the whole thread. PROPERLY with your eyes wide open.. given individual prices for each cars
1k is for the entertainment models which are way different then stock hotwheels (ie 99rs ones).. they are released in sets of 5. with real riders and much better paint... packed differently. and they r not sold here first... second very very sought after models.

also alot of my cars from the sale are selling at same cost. im not doing this for business its a hobby.. i am limiting my collection thus selling extra.s and cars which i dont want.. not fooling anyone here so stop trying to make it sound like that when u dont know what im selling.. and what prices i paid to get these..

also next time before giving your gyaan and attacking someone.. read the whole thread.

My good. Phone browser issue. Not loading whole pages incl text and images. Hence no confusion.

Last edited:
These are the one's I still have from my childhood...

c6d36067f6.jpg

Neet Streeter (1975, Patented Canada - 1973).

c6dab659eb.jpg

Second Wind (1976).

c6df6e9ac3.jpg

Second Wind - Blue Cross Version (1976).

c6e3427ae7.jpg

Maruti Suzuki 800 (1982).

ca8c99ff19.jpg

Renault Le Car (1982).

ca9540e874.jpg

Army Camo Half Track Truck with Machine Gun (1974).

c6ed14852d.jpg

Pontiac Firebird (1982).

The cars do show a fair share of wear and tear as I remember having played with them for countless hours as a kid way back in the 1980's. They were my very favorites and I now treasure them in my scale model showcase. Walking to the local toy store with my Dad, on a balmy Sunday morning to buy the next Hot Wheels car as a kid was something I recollect very fondly.

P.S. I do have a few more scale models from SIKU and other brands... am I allowed to post photographs of them here or should I create a separate thread for 'Die-cast Models' and post them there instead. Kindly do share your input on this folks.

P.S. I do have a few more scale models from SIKU and other brands... am I allowed to post photographs of them here or should I create a separate thread for 'Die-cast Models' and post them there instead. Kindly do share your input on this folks.

^ Lovely cars from the past! :D

Please post here! Or make a new thread... Anyway works... Though I dont think there are a lot many collectors here so maybe posting here makes sense! We could rename this to 'The TE Model Cars Thread' if needed. :)

@Black_Hawk Nice pics man, I had the Pontiac and a couple of those pointy cars too since I was a big Speed Racer fan as a kid.
@toxicdrift Lol I've had my eyes on that same BMW for quite some time, about time I acquired one,the pink one looks awesome too.

Since I already gave away my cars ages back I was kinda surprised to find these three tucked away in a box along with some Happy meal toys while cleaning the house last week.
I have no idea why I bought that dragon bs.

EjTC3ze.jpg

Thanks so much folks! Yes, finding old cars, specially one's you played around with as a kid often does get very nostalgic!

@Neo-N: I agree mate, lets make this the 'TE scale model thread' and post here. Having too many threads does not make much sense and since we are tight group who love our scale model vehicles, aircrafts etc. we will have this common ground to post and return to. :)

With that being said, I will keep updating this thread and keep it alive and kickin' by posting photographs of all my scale models collected over the years from different companies.

Here are a couple from SIKU:

0aa7d92d53.jpg

SIKU Refuse Truck (Model No. 0811)

0aaa192a69.jpg

SIKU Refuse Truck (Model No. 0811)

0aabe26669.jpg

SIKU US-School Bus (Model No. 1319)

More to follow folks! :D

Last edited:
A couple of them from Bburago...

346e24b59d.jpg

3473fd1ce3.jpg

3475c633f2.jpg

The Bburago 'Red Bull RB10' (Designed by Adrian Newey).
Scale - 1:32

347730aaea.jpg

The Vought F4U-4 Corsair Aircraft with the Red Bull (The Flying Bulls) Livery.
Scale - 1:100

If anyone wants to look up the actual photograph of the above F4U-4 scale model aircraft, then kindly Google this aircraft registration number and it should lead you the real images: OE-EAS.

More to follow... :D

Where do you get place to store them? My neighbors children always try to come into my home to play with my toys and I had to lock the glass case

Hehe I understand mate. I have an old glass showcase where I store them but it's coming to a point where I need a bigger case to be honest! I also have a DIY aquarium styled all-glass case where I keep quite a few models in as well. :)

Today's post...

73a6cba533.jpg

73ae57731e.jpg

Kinsmart McLaren P1
Scale - 1:36

73b0e04173.jpg

Kinsmart Porsche 911 GT3 RS (2010 Edition)
Scale - 1:36

More to follow... :D

Back