Anybody want a Lian Li?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kushagra2008 said:
Even, I'm opting out of this GO, Will spend more and get a Good Chassis such as Cosmos, 1200 or 932.

If getting a Cosmos S, look at the power switch. It's a capacitive kinda switch. Just a touch can trigger it and it being on the top where the USB and other ports are, you either have to disable that in the OS or be very careful using any ports :no:. Also, no reset button. Both issues were a deal breaker for me.

The side panel fan is also not strongly mounted (it's on a plastic frame).

Naga said:
If getting a Cosmos S, look at the power switch. It's a capacitive kinda switch. Just a touch can trigger it and it being on the top where the USB and other ports are, you either have to disable that in the OS or be very careful using any ports :no:. Also, no reset button. Both issues were a deal breaker for me.

The side panel fan is also not strongly mounted (it's on a plastic frame).

Mighty Thanks Naga for this information, I will be getting a Antec Twelve Hundred :)

Hope its good enough to cool my puny components :ashamed:

hi,
I am willing to buy one HTPC cabinet - mainly for music listening and ripping music. I want to stick a touchscreen into it so that I do not need a monitor separately.
Can you please suggest one for me?
Gaming and dvd/ blu-ray movie viewing (no ripping) can be a once in a while activity too.

What will be the shipping cost to Noida?

kushagra2008 said:
Mighty Thanks Naga for this information, I will be getting a Antec Twelve Hundred :)

Spending 12k on a steel enclosure which's a lot less space compared to other full towers definitely not worth it IMO. If you can hold on for a month, you can have a beautiful hand-crafted made-to-order all Al enclosure at your doorstep!

A Rolls-Royce to some Porsche! Think about it! ;)

anm said:
hi,
I am willing to buy one HTPC cabinet - mainly for music listening and ripping music. I want to stick a touchscreen into it so that I do not need a monitor separately.
Gaming and dvd/ blu-ray movie viewing (no ripping) can be a once in a while activity too.

Unfortunately none of the Lian Li enclosures meets the requirement of a slot for a touchscreen. I did not honestly get the point behind having one either. You do not certainly go near the enclosure and operate it like how one did during the olden days for the operation of a VCR/VCP or a cassette-deck!

I'd suggest you the PC-C37 or the slightly bigger PC-C33 which has an additional 5.25" bay for attaching an LCD bay, if need be.

kushagra2008 said:

Silverstone Raven is also a good option

anm said:
hi,

Silverstone or somebody had a HTPC case with a touch screen. I'll post links if I can find it. In the meantime, I would rather go for a slim HTPC and get a Logitech remote with touch screen, if you really want a touch screen :p. For gaming, music and Bluray, nothing comes close to a PS3.

A HTPC is better for organizing rips and TV etc.

Good new, guys :hap2:! This IC will be continued in the official Lian Li GO. All confirmed interested here will be carried over there. A bonus, now you can order almost any accessories from Lian Li on that thread :hap2:!

Requesting the mods to close this thread as it's no longer an IC :clap:!

^Thanks Naga for the support and everyone else. So it's official, Lian-Li is entering India, via me as a Authorized Distributor. Let's hope we have loads of support from TE users and other gamers nationwide.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back