Graphic Cards Are you guys using your GPUs to mine?

I stopped using nicehash about a month ago and have been mining eth. My hash rate has remained stable, but average rate has gone up a lot
Can you tell us the difference in earning in terms of %?
Also is remote management possible like nicehash provided?

I stopped using nicehash about a month ago and have been mining eth. My hash rate has remained stable, but average rate has gone up a lot
Which miner are you using ? Considering switching to phoenixminer. Would like to receive payments in ETH as I'm planning to hold it as an investment.

Is it a good idea to in invest in ETH now? I read somewhere its going to get merged with Eth V2 in 2022 (Docking) and most people won't be able to mine further as it requires a 32 ETH stake .

Is it a good idea to in invest in ETH now? I read somewhere its going to get merged with Eth V2 in 2022 (Docking) and most people won't be able to mine further as it requires a 32 ETH stake .
Depends upon how much you are planning to. If you are bit hesitant, I'd recommend a monthly sip of your target amount.

Yes, mining ETH will be impossible after Eth 2.0 but the value of Eth may still increase thereafter as the transactions under Eth network will be faster and may charge lower fees due to POS.

Imo, Vitalik is trying to make eth the default cc payment option. I am very positive about Eth's growth in next 5 years. It may even be another BTC in making or even replace it. Not to say, this is my personal opinion and you should dyor.

Nobody knows! Just keep in mind that crypto always like to crash after a bull run. last time eth lost 90% of its value.

What are the chances of GPU damage while mining? I have a 3090 FE, thinking of putting it to mining work but hesitant.

What are the chances of GPU damage while mining? I have a 3090 FE, thinking of putting it to mining work but hesitant.
It not damaging as far as I know. The catch is you'd have to run it 24/7 to make a decent profit. So your card will get worn down much quicker. The temps are usually much lower when compared to gaming

3090 and 3080s are supposed to produce much more heat. It is recommended to repaste them and add thermal pads on their back plate. GPUs shouldn't damage while mining if temps are under 65C but fans could wear out sooner. You could also use sth like Kraken G12 or Liquid Cooling to keep the GPU cooler

Check RedPandaMining channel on YT.

Google it and you will find ways to mine properly. Two points -

Undervolt the GPU and keep testing till you get steady hash rate.
Make sure you have enough power and cooling to keep it at a nice temperature because the higher the temp, the more will be throttle and lesser will be the hash-rate.

And not much of a damage, the performance in gaming will be less for a card that has been mined for years by 5 to 10 percent.

I am not involved in mining as I mentioned previously but came across a lot of posts about VRAM temps touching 110 Celsius during Ethereum mining. Most people just mention the core temperatures which will of course be lower with lower clocks and undervolting, but in fact, you are really pushing your VRAM. On older cards, you can't even see the VRAM temperature, so most people are oblivious about the damage that mining is causing.

Offtopic: is it dumb to buy crypto now? If no then which one I can buy assuming I have $100 with me.
I have coinbase account and have my US Bank account linked to it and have previously bought crypto of $200 3 years back. I did spend some of those here and there and today whatever remains, its value is ~$300.

wow , BTC went into a free fall after that tweet

1620870702595.png

Professor Phil Moriarty explained the power problem very well back in 2018. this thing with bitcoin was bound to happen at some point.

Offtopic: is it dumb to buy crypto now? If no then which one I can buy assuming I have $100 with me.
I have coinbase account and have my US Bank account linked to it and have previously bought crypto of $200 3 years back. I did spend some of those here and there and today whatever remains, its value is ~$300.
Well the bull run is expected to end sometime towards the end of the year. The prices have gone down because of Elon's tweet. If you expect the prices to go back to normal, then you could make some decent profits depending upon which coin you invest in.

Then again the general rule of thumb with all cryptocurrency is only invest money you're willing to lose. It's kind of a gamble at this point.

Then again the general rule of thumb with all cryptocurrency is only invest money you're willing to lose. It's kind of a gamble at this point.

True this. Back in 2017 or so, I was in US and was willing to lose $200 so that's how I "invested" it then. Let me think if I want to put some and forget about it.

Back