Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Discussion Thread

re: AC Brotherhood - Discussion Thread

Hey did anyone notice the "white gradient" problem in AC Brotherhood?

Like in dark environments, there's some amount of white light seeping in, which is pretty undesirable.

At first I thought that I needed to adjust my brightness or contrast settings but after googling I found that this is a game glitch.

Anyone noticed it or found some solution?

Mind you I'm playing on PS3.

^Yep there was a white haze on top of the display. Nothing to be worried of unless ofc you keep noticing it. Forget it already and play the darn game! :p

kestrel5915 said:
Hey did anyone notice the "white gradient" problem in AC Brotherhood?

Like in dark environments, there's some amount of white light seeping in, which is pretty undesirable.

At first I thought that I needed to adjust my brightness or contrast settings but after googling I found that this is a game glitch.

Anyone noticed it or found some solution?

Mind you I'm playing on PS3.

Yep. That small white tint layer appears in the PS3 version. It's the first thing I noticed when I started the game. You have to switch the brightness level down a notch to make it less noticeable. At least that's what I did, before silently shifting to the 360 version.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Yep. That small white tint layer appears in the PS3 version. It's the first thing I noticed when I started the game. You have to switch the brightness level down a notch to make it less noticeable. At least that's what I did, before silently shifting to the 360 version.

So you mean only the PS3 version is having this?

I don't recall noticing any such thing on the 360, but even if there was, it would have been slightly lesser than the PS3 version. It's not noticeable once you progress further in the game. It's just the intro level, which sort of reflects more of it.

Here are some similar reports about it on the Ubisoft forum: Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Bugs and Issues thread. - Topic Powered by Social Strata

Ethan_Hunt said:
I don't recall noticing any such thing on the 360, but even if there was, it would have been slightly lesser than the PS3 version. It's not noticeable once you progress further in the game. It's just the intro level, which sort of reflects more of it.

Here are some similar reports about it on the Ubisoft forum:

Assassins Creed: Brotherhood Bugs and Issues thread. - Topic Powered by Social Strata
AC2 Brotherhood PS3 White Fog - Topic Powered by Social Strata

PC users rejoice! The game will not use the uber DRM Ubi had employed in the previous POP title, tweets Gabriel Graziani, Community Developer at Ubi Montreal.

Gabe said:
Once after install... then offline play will be available to you.

I recall plenty of users in the forum has reported the issues with POP. Freaky are you reading this? :p

I recently finished the game and found that it is just a much improvised form of AC2.

But overall the game's pretty good, the only irritating components being the poor FPS rates out in the city and that white gradient problem (which according to some forums was intentionally done by Ubisoft to create the being-in-Animus effect, but they ended up screwing it up).

I really liked the Leonardo missions (although he was sort of left aside), the full sync challenges (which were pretty doable, unlike those pesky gold medals in RDR), the progression of the different guilds, the Lairs of Romulus missions (these had exceptionally good effects and FPS as compared to other parts of the game), etc.

I hope they change the engine in AC3!

Aman27deep said:
Why would u want that? According to me the engine is fantastic :p (Judging from AC2)

Buddy I was playing it on PS3 and the FPS drops during the sprinting chase sequences or even simple running were a major setback for me.

My friends told me the Xbox360 version also had the same problem.

AC2 was, IMO, better than ACB in terms of performance and FPS.

There is lot more things happening in AC Brotherhood compared to AC II , i mean the crowd how guards react to you..

There was nothing much that Brotherhood offered in terms of the gameplay and features compared to what AC II offered from the original title. Apart from the messed up storyline i.e.

AC2 definitely had a more intuitive story than brotherhood.i was surprised at the ending at brotherhood and how the flow of the story was done.

kestrel5915 said:
Buddy I was playing it on PS3 and the FPS drops during the sprinting chase sequences or even simple running were a major setback for me.

My friends told me the Xbox360 version also had the same problem.

AC2 was, IMO, better than ACB in terms of performance and FPS.
A'ight. Had no idea of taht. I played (AC2) on the pc and never had fps below 60 @ 1080p.

vantheman5211 said:
AC2 definitely had a more intuitive story than brotherhood.i was surprised at the ending at brotherhood and how the flow of the story was done.
You know its like GOW 3 you know everything before hand; except ofcourse the ending

Aman27deep said:
A'ight. Had no idea of taht. I played (AC2) on the pc and never had fps below 60 @ 1080p.
AC2 was excellent on PS3 as well but lets see how ACB is on PC.

I really feel AC II is only Console game which i feel looks good on PC, maybe because of sharp textures and bloom effect

Guys is Assassins Creed Brotherhood a DX11 game????
i own a HD5770 and do i need to upgrade it? :help2:

Altair said:
Guys is Assassins Creed Brotherhood a DX11 game????

i own a HD5770 and do i need to upgrade it? :help2:
No its not, its DX 9 only, and even if it had DX 11, your 5770 can play DX 11 (although not very well).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
I really feel AC II is only Console game which i feel looks good on PC, maybe because of sharp textures and bloom effect
ONLY? seriously dude? Bulletstorm, Gears of War, FIFA, PES etc EVERYTHING IS BETTER ON THE PC (moreover 60+ fps).

Mephistopheles said:
Brotherhood wont have a DX11 mode? WTH
Not many people own a DX11 card. Although i wouldn't have minded DX 11 myself but its not really required. AC2 looked good on PC, i'm sure brotherhood will look better :)

Back