Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

@dinjo - Thanks for the reply. I think I'll use it with stock firmware for a few days until the repeater problem gets solved. Though I don't have any problems keeping MAC unfiltered on my router.

Also, is there a difference in signal performance if I use it on stock firmware? Does DD-WRT improve it or is it the same? Also how is the range when using G?

I guess since my current router can use only G, I assume the Asus will also work only on G. Or is it possible to receive the signal in G mode and repeat it in N?

You can try running the router in repeater mode and set the Wireless Network mode set to Mixed.Or create a virtual interface

Yes dd wrt does improve the signal a bit.

@deathdogg

Is the drive still getting readonly ?

Guys...I am planning on buying a Asus N13 router today and need help on dd-wrt configuration.

Edit:

Does the tutorial on the first page still hold good considering its 2+ months old?

It has to be B1 version the older model production was stopped more than 2 years ago btw the B1 model would be written boldy on the box

Dont worry man it will be b1 and with the changed mounting options i am ruuning if for 4days now without a reboot even downloaded a 11gb movie on this

Sent from my XCD35 using Tapatalk

Dinjo Dada..

I am facing a weird problem:(

I installed DD-WRT and formated/configured the USB and mounted it. I can see the default as /opt.

In the next step to telnet; I am unable to connect to the router with 192.168.1.1.

When I do a telnet I get the Login and pwd options where I give the id/pwd that I use to login to the router but I get the below error:

'Login incorrect

DD-WRT v24-sp2 std (c) 2011 NewMedia-NET GmbH

Release: 05/12/11 (SVN revision: 17027)'

I am doing everything by the book.

I also enabled tenet Management in administration (port 23). Changed my password and id like 100 times and finally kept it as admin/admin.

But no results

The fuking telnet session just won't connect.

Help pls bhai!!

Goto the admin panel and change your username/pass to U:root P:admin. I also faced this error and this is the only way i fixed it .

^^whoa....awesome.

Worked in a sec:)...repped

EDIT: Can't rep u..as I need to give some reps too others before I rep u again. let me spread some and rep u:)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Some more issues:(

It was mentioned that I need to verify if the mount was done correctly and below were the commands as per code given by Dinjo:

root@DD-WRT:~# /tmp#

root@DD-WRT:~# /tmp# mount

I got the below error while exec the commands:(. I also did a pwd later and the results are shown below:

root@DD-WRT:~# /tmp#

-sh: /tmp#: not found

root@DD-WRT:~# /tmp# mount

-sh: /tmp#: not found

root@DD-WRT:~# pwd

/tmp/root

------------------------------------------

Fixed...I was supposed to go to tmp and fire the munt command:) Now I get it. Done. Just moved to the next step now

Bro you have used the wrong command to check the mount.

Do "mount" on telnet , Should give something like this

root@DD-WRT:~# mount

rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)

/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)

none on /dev type devfs (rw)

proc on /proc type proc (rw)

sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)

ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw)

devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)

devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)

/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)

/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)

or do "df -h"

root@DD-WRT:~# df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on

/dev/root 5.3M 5.3M 0 100% /

/dev/discs/disc0/part1

1011.4M 181.0M 779.1M 19% /opt

/dev/discs/disc0/part2

457.5G 52.4G 381.8G 12% /mnt

Installed and got everything to work. Also installed the Transmission remote GUI (uTorrent Lookalike:))

Looks like the party was short lived:(

Issue:

I powered down the router and plugged it again.

When I access 192.168.1.1:9091...I get the below screen.

Also...Now...the remote web GUI is giving the below error. See screenshot

BTW: I followed everything as per books:(

Also, I am able to loginthrough Putty and directly thru 192.168.1.1 through IE(admin console)

Ok...got this to work for the timebeing:

Found the root cause of the issue:

The below files were automatically changed:(

settings.json

/opt/etc/init.d/S99trans

Wondering how could that happem:(

Guys...another thing.

Since Dinjo stated that exfat3 would give better transmission speeds I formatted using exfat3:)

Bow the issue is Win7 does not recognise exfat3.

Question:How do I transfer my data to my Win7 Desktop/laptop??

Add the transmission startup command in your startup script and not in your S99trans, the file would have been corrupted due to improper shutdown.

Back