Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

hi dinjo, need some more help :(. In the startup script you have given, its having a some string attached after every line i.e. fs.wanup, what happen if i disabled the WAN via router GUI, does the drive gets mounted at startup ? Actually i have a setup which is demonstrated in the below pic,

setupjf.jpg

all i want to do is work the router alone connected with the main network. With default settings of n13u, if try to connect to its web interface it only shows "Hello World" , i cant access its interface from anywhere until i connect my PC to it,

Well yeah that fs.gz is annoying either there should be ext3 native support or someother way to store the gz locally .

Anyone facing a strange issue .

the /opt is mounted as RW but after some time it automatically changes to RO .Thus stops all my downloads giving an error of read only memory .

^ He is talking about a mount permission not directory permission.

Did you tried deleting and re-creating the partition ?

yeah done everything .. if i remount it it creates two mount points for the same disc

/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (ro,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)

/dev/discs/disc0/part2 on /mnt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)

/dev/discs/disc0/part1 on /opt type ext3 (rw,noatime,nodiratime,data=ordered)

this is the output. Anyway when this happens I have to reboot the router :p for now it stays ok for almost 12hrs :p so i had set a scheduled reboot for the time being.

hi

dear dinjo

can you please make a guide on how to install aria2c on ddwrt ?

it is a downloader like wget

with the ability to use simultaneous connections for fetching each file, thus higher download speeds.

thanks.

Code:
ipkg install aria2

Get the files, example below

Code:
aria2c [url]http://example.com/myfile.exe[/url]

dinjo said:
Code:
ipkg install aria2

Get the files, example below

Code:
aria2c [url]http://example.com/myfile.exe[/url]

thanks

i have installed it using your code

but when i want to use aria2c URL to get the file, it gives error:

aria2c: symbol 'errno': can't handle reloc type 47

i tried rebooting the router but still get this error.

can you help please ?

Dont know what but it used to work but anyways i dont want to get it since wget is more than fast

i have got a vpn from Germany,

how can i set the router to use this vpn for all my internet connections ?

how can i do it ?

please give me detailed instruction because i worked with vpn settings on router but i could not manage to make it work.

thanks in advance.

p.S: hope you will be good soon, dinjo

HAK

Here is how you should be shutting down the router

Code:
#!/bin/sh

killall transmission-daemon httpd xinetd

sleep 3

umount -rl /mnt /opt

sleep 2

/sbin/poweroff

Save it under /opt/shutdown.sh assign perms

Code:
chmod 777 /opt/shutdown.sh

Then just run it

suryansh.gupta said:
thanks for guide , I installed successfully but got stuck on a weird problem :( I'm using my asus router in repeater mode with my other adsl+modem router. the problem is my mtnl's modem has an option of mac filtering. but when I enable that option my asus router doesn't connect, it only manage to connect when I disable MAC FILTERING option in my mtnl router+modem, I checked asus router's mac address and put all the mac address in mac filter option of mtnl router.
still I'm not able to connect. Is mac address of asus router is different what it showing on dd-wrt ?

please help me out guys :)
dinjo said:
Current version of dd wrt for B1 model has issues running in repeater mode,have created a ticket for the developers for it

I just came across these posts and I haven't read the rest of the thread. So sorry if it has already been answered, but what's the current situation for using this router as a repeater?
I'm currently looking to buy an Asus N13U B1 and flashing DD-WRT and use it as a repeater with my Netgear DG834G.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Also, can someone tell me if the range is good or bad? I need to be able to get decent range with a couple of walls in between.

@viral the range is very good i can easily move to my 3rd room and get good signals on this router, unfortunately the repeater problem hasn't being resolved yet hopefully with a new firmware which is awaited since last 2 months will resolve it.
Ok this is something which deathdogg pointed me out where his drive was getting mounted as readonly after some hours , and for some days my downloads used to stop in transmission saying Could not resume no such file or directory and i got really annoyed on that part since I could not get it the download working so i sat down in the morning to identify the issue , the first thing i saw when my torrents stopped was that the /mnt drive change to readonly sooner i realise that dd wrt natively do not support files bigger than 2GB and my file was around 8GB to fix all these errors following needs to be done.
  • Run Gparted plug the drive and right-click on any of the partitions listed and select check to perform a filesystem check on the partition.
  • Change the mount command to look like this

Code:
mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part1  /opt
mount -o rw -t ext3 /dev/discs/disc0/part2  /mnt

This would fix all the issues with readonly fs.

Back