Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

^ Ok so mostly your MAC is not binded then. Mine doesn't work with any other machine than my PC and in router it works only if I clone the MAC of my PC's network card.

Attaching a screenshot of my settings.

Just verify it once, then try to dial manually. Goto Status->WAN, click on 'connect' next to 'login status', see if it works.

ddwrtsettings.png

^ Ok so mostly your MAC is not binded then. Mine doesn't work with any other machine than my PC and in router it works only if I clone the MAC of my PC's network card.

Attaching a screenshot of my settings.

Just verify it once, then try to dial manually. Goto Status->WAN, click on 'connect' next to 'login status', see if it works.

ddwrtsettings.png

Still doesn't work , tried connecting via Status box

<
<

^ Dunno what's the problem then. Maybe try flashing it again? Your settings are fine.

tried that atleast 10 times , with different DD-wrt Versions.

Will try again after 2 weeks , papers
<

btw Does Download master provides descent speeds ?

on well seeded torrents it provides double time . I guess connection is interupted . Any ideas for improving on the Download Master part .

ps - you are on 999 Posts

^ Download master works okay and provides good speed, but don't trust the speed it displays, it's inaccurate and fluctuates a lot. Biggest problem I faced with download master was that once you restart the router, mostly the torrents wont resume. So keep the router on till the download completes and you should be fine, at least temporarily till you find a fix for dd-wrt.

There's my 1000th post.
<

Lost all hopes on DD-wrt now
<

have been trying since 5 days now .

also DD-WRT fluctuates a lot .

It downloads only like 350-370 Mb/hr , wheras it should have downloaded north of 750

What do u mean by dd wrt fluctuates a lot ? And are you able to sort the internet problem now ? If not just call MTNL and say my internet is not working at all he will come at your place and then show him whats the problem

Problem here could be QOS/NAT Loopback can you mention the dd wrt firmware version (I'm asking this 2nd time) get 16804.

Administration -> Commands and Save Firewall and reboot router.

Code:
insmod ipt_mark

insmod xt_mark

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

got this router today. the asus firmware was quite crappy and did not find it that good.

followed this thread and updated to dd-wrt which is more i like it and much easier to find all the options.

very easy to configure. have it setup with both you tele and mtnl atm.

What do u mean by dd wrt fluctuates a lot ? And are you able to sort the internet problem now ? If not just call MTNL and say my internet is not working at all he will come at your place and then show him whats the problem

Problem here could be QOS/NAT Loopback can you mention the dd wrt firmware version (I'm asking this 2nd time) get 16804.

Administration -> Commands and Save Firewall and reboot router.

Code:
insmod ipt_mark

insmod xt_mark

iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

will try this in a moment , downloaded the latest Fw 17XXX , will try with your 16XXX

can you give me a link for the 16804 ?

regarding internet it works just fine with only modem on PPOE mode .

UPDATE - couldn't get this to work , evn after following up your command . on the 16994 firmware currently . Was on 17xxx earlier .

the internet connects just fine only when i connect it through sterlite modem and change it from bridged mode

can you have a look via teamviewer ?.

^ I'm facing the same problem as you after moving to Fivenet today. Whatever I do, can't get it to connect via dd-wrt. Now thinking of reverting to stock FW to try it.

get the 16994 firmware , may solve it for you ,

atleast doesn't do it for me

#dinjo [font=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]
WAN IP​
[/font]

[font=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]
0.0.0.0​
[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif][/font]

[font=Tahoma, Arial, sans-serif]
i hope this info will help u find the problem​
[/font]

just flash it to the stock fw , dowload it from asus site !

it won't be easy for you to move to Stock .

Download master Sucks !

it is tooooooooooooooooooooooo slow

^ Ok I just moved to stock and found out what's the problem. The problem is not with dd-wrt, it's with the line. In default firmware I could see alerts that WAN cable connected, then disconnected after 5 secs, and repeat. So the router is not able to auto negotiate the connection due to a bad line. Damn.

Now I need to find a way to force 10mbps on WAN port or try and get the wire changed so that the router can negotiate at 100mbps, which is it's default.

EDIT: I think I found the solution too. Might need to get a switch installed just before the router so that the router can detect the signal. http://vip.asus.com/...-N13U%20(VER.B1)

^ Ok I just moved to stock and found out what's the problem. The problem is not with dd-wrt, it's with the line. In default firmware I could see alerts that WAN cable connected, then disconnected after 5 secs, and repeat. So the router is not able to auto negotiate the connection due to a bad line. Damn.

Now I need to find a way to force 10mbps on WAN port or try and get the wire changed so that the router can negotiate at 100mbps, which is it's default.

EDIT: I think I found the solution too. Might need to get a switch installed just before the router so that the router can detect the signal. http://vip.asus.com/...-N13U%20(VER.B1)

already read that post , do tell me if you find anything .

I still cannot understand what do you mean by wire change , i hope you are reffering to the Wan PORT LAN cable

HI.. I followed the guide to restore the ASUS firmware from the first page.. I flashed the 1.0.2.0 I got from the asus website. In the firmware restoration utility, when I clicked the upload button the progress bar only went till like about 20% and said the firmware succesfully restored and router restarted.

Now, when I try to 192.168.1.1 in IE, northing happens. Is there anything I am missing??

already read that post , do tell me if you find anything .

I still cannot understand what do you mean by wire change , i hope you are reffering to the Wan PORT LAN cable

Yes I'm referring to the WAN port wire coming from my ISP. It's a very old wire and in all probability it's the cause of the problems. The page I linked to also discusses the same problem where 2 people from India are having the same issue with the same router. All this could be solved if there was an option in the router to force 10mbps in the WAN port, as auto negotiation is causing the problem due to noisy signal and router WAN port being less sensitive as compared to PC Network adapter. So I might be buying a d-link switch and connect it before the router and see if it fixes the problem.

HI.. I followed the guide to restore the ASUS firmware from the first page.. I flashed the 1.0.2.0 I got from the asus website. In the firmware restoration utility, when I clicked the upload button the progress bar only went till like about 20% and said the firmware succesfully restored and router restarted.

Now, when I try to 192.168.1.1 in IE, northing happens. Is there anything I am missing??

See in your PC Lan settings if the local address is assigned by DCHP. It should be automatically assigned to 192.168.1.xxx by the router if the router is working okay. Try resetting and restarting.

Yes I'm referring to the WAN port wire coming from my ISP. It's a very old wire and in all probability it's the cause of the problems. The page I linked to also discusses the same problem where 2 people from India are having the same issue with the same router. All this could be solved if there was an option in the router to force 10mbps in the WAN port, as auto negotiation is causing the problem due to noisy signal and router WAN port being less sensitive as compared to PC Network adapter. So I might be buying a d-link switch and connect it before the router and see if it fixes the problem.

See in your PC Lan settings if the local address is assigned by DCHP. It should be automatically assigned to 192.168.1.xxx by the router if the router is working okay. Try resetting and restarting.

If it fixes the problem , do tell me , I am ready to spend for a switch , the condition being it works .

If it works for you i will buy a switch in any case .

Also there was a guide which i read somewhere will give you it's link in a moment , which help in coverting the modem to a switch

If it fixes the problem , do tell me , I am ready to spend for a switch , the condition being it works .

If it works for you i will buy a switch in any case .

Also there was a guide which i read somewhere will give you it's link in a moment , which help in coverting the modem to a switch

Ok so I just tried it with the switch, no luck. I could see the LED light coming on for 5 secs and then off for another 3 secs and repeat. Have no option now but to get the wire changed somehow, though will be difficult convincing them as it's working fine on PC. Also if I find a way to force 10mbps on WAN port, even that should work for me but I don't think there's an option like that on either the official firmware or dd-wrt.

#arun687 AFAIK fivenet has the same structure of alliance here . So they provide static LAN IP right? [just cross checking as you said you just moved to fivenet ].

Back