Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

#arun687 AFAIK fivenet has the same structure of alliance here . So they provide static LAN IP right? [just cross checking as you said you just moved to fivenet ].

No mate, they authenticate through PPPoe.

EDIT:

My problem is solved. It was a problem with the switch of the ISP placed on the terrace, connected to another switch and it's working fine on the router.

I would keep my pc turned on with that speed
<

I would keep my pc turned on with that speed
<

Yes totally me too.
<
But with dd-wrt the torrent keeps on seeding all day even when PC is off, so helps to maintain ratio. Now the requirements for torrents will be much less as most of the stuff is available in DC, net for surfing and youtube mostly.

that means , a switch will solve it for me too ?

It could if the connection coming from your modem is bad, but since you mentioned it's working with default firmware and not with dd-wrt, I doubt it may be the issue. Just check if your WAN port LED is lit continuously without going off. Mine was going off every 5 secs and this caused the problem.

Guys, I Need a solution to access the Pendrive attached to my RT N13U from my PC (Apart from FTTP).

I need to copy hundreds of music files placed inside a torrents folder. With FTTP, I can only access and copy one file at a time:(

Do not want to disconnect my Pen drive as this would mean I would ahve to setup the entire thing again wasting 20 minutes from my schedule:)

Guys, I Need a solution to access the Pendrive attached to my RT N13U from my PC (Apart from FTTP).

I need to copy hundreds of music files placed inside a torrents folder. With FTTP, I can only access and copy one file at a time:(

Do not want to disconnect my Pen drive as this would mean I would ahve to setup the entire thing again wasting 20 minutes from my schedule:)

Why even FTP? I dunno, but the files downloaded appear in Network Neighbourhood with the name of the device. Just copy past, but you will be limited to speeds of ~ 10MBps max.

Who uses pirate bay here we all are on private trackers and running magnet is not a big task on Linux

i am planning to install hp laserjet 1020 plus usb printer to the n13u running dd-wrt.

is anyone here running the router with the printer attached. just wanted to know if it is properly working without any issues on wifi and wired.

also is there any guide or particular way to go about it. i see the usb printer support option under usb menu. is that it or do i need to do something else also.

thanks

Pyload startup script has issues

You need to run the pyload command in background with nohup prefixed to it.

But I personally wont recommend running pyload on router

ok guys, I have just bought this router, how do i identify if its the b1 version, its not printed on the box.

#dinjo - please help

TIA

ok guys, I have just bought this router, how do i identify if its the b1 version, its not printed on the box.

#dinjo - please help

TIA

Look at the barcodes at the bottom of the router. There should be something like 'H/W ver B1'. If you've bought it brand new then it should be B1 as the older model is no longer in production.

Back