Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

dinjo

Sorry for coming so late to the party. Quick Question: Is there a version of dd-wrt which has everything included and doesnt need a USB device constantly attached? I'm looking for all the features of ASUS stock firmware + stability of DD-WRT

dinjo

Sorry for coming so late to the party. Quick Question: Is there a version of dd-wrt which has everything included and doesnt need a USB device constantly attached? I'm looking for all the features of ASUS stock firmware + stability of DD-WRT

Try this adapted firmware. Not sure about the stability as I havent tried it myself.

Is this router flashed with dd-wrt compatible with following 3G dongle: Alcatel onetouch X220S (MTNL 3G Jadoo)

The dd-wrt compatibility page does not have it listed but it is not a complete list and it has X220D and X220L listed. Not sure how different they are from X220S
Mobile Broadband - DD-WRT Wiki

Anyone using this combination: N13U B1, dd-wrt, Alcatel X220S

No.But why stock ?

From what I've read, DD-WRT supports USB and torrents, only after it is provided with extra space, through a pendrive/external HDD to install the additional packages. I need a DD-WRT version to fit in the 8MB flash of the router and provide all those features within it, since I just have 1 pendrive and I need it for other stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm only comparing it to stock coz stock has all these features in-built in the 8 MB image.

From what I've read, DD-WRT supports USB and torrents, only after it is provided with extra space, through a pendrive/external HDD to install the additional packages. I need a DD-WRT version to fit in the 8MB flash of the router and provide all those features within it, since I just have 1 pendrive and I need it for other stuff. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm only comparing it to stock coz stock has all these features in-built in the 8 MB image.

Partition the pen drive into two partitions - ntfs and ext3. That way you can use for both the routers as well as for other stuffs too but once at a time.

People please help me; Question to all sucessful user;

I recently got ASUS RT-N16 (Second Hand) and imediatly flash it to Curret DD-WRT which is v.24 build 18024 with the help of wiki page, but can't able to load optware and implement USB-Torrent download thingy, My question what posted on this first page of this thread for N-13 router is applicable for N16 ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm following the first post in my RT-N16 from "Configure USB" part...by hoping the process is same

Now here are some screen I want to share to know That I'm correct or not ? So far ?

I connect a USB flash drive formatted by gparted which is 32 gb in space out of which 1GB ext3 and rest is also ext3 as suggested in this tutorial.

here DD-WRT USB tab look like :-

4hR5MsE.png

DD-WRT Admin-->Commands---> Start Up box

XVtu2YI.png

Here is the telnet section look like :-

EvrncoT.png

Now when I wrote the mount command in the telnet I can't get root@DD-WRT: /tmp# portion instead only root@DD-WRT:# ..... as it can be visible telnet section screenshot....Please let me know what is wrong.

Please help........

People please help me; Question to all sucessful user;

I recently got ASUS RT-N16 (Second Hand) and imediatly flash it to Curret DD-WRT which is v.24 build 18024 with the help of wiki page, but can't able to load optware and implement USB-Torrent download thingy, My question what posted on this first page of this thread for N-13 router is applicable for N16 ?

I only stuck in - or need help for :-

a) mount the usb
b) get optware
c) load transmission

Why don't you go with the stock firmware, compared to RT-N13U the RT-N16 is much better and uses transmission with lighhttpd for the web interface

Have anyone tried openwrt on rt n13u? If so please post a review. Wanted to try but I have only one router with me now and I'm afraid about its stability.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you must have 3 partitions 2 ext3 for optware and other for data and rest for ntfs

I use only 2 partitions ntfs and ext3 (for both data and optware). And shared the ext3 partition using Samba.

Back