Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Go to the directory were you want to save the file and run aget from there , or read aget help there should be a option to store in a different folder.

I read that ext2 is better than EXT3 for flash drives, so I have formatted mine for the EXT2.

To mount the usb I have to reboot router and connect the usb when It turns on.. Any auto mount script I can use for the EXT2??(( I am using dd-wrt mod with the built-in filesystem.)

Better avoid using Flash Drive with router i guess it would be connected to router day in and out and it would result into immense wear and tear no matter ext2 , there should be in-built modules for ext2, check with below command.

Code:
ls -l /lib/modules/`uname -r`/ext2.o

For automount ext2 add the following files to startup

Code:
echo "insmod /tmp/root/ext2.ko" >>  /tmp/etc/config/fs.wanup

EDIT - Added steps on Page 1 to revert to Asus Firmware

Hi,

1-My three laptop are connected with the same router, if someone copying a movie from my hard drive he getting 2.40 MB/sec (remaining min 9:30), but if I'm using third party software to share the internet and speed he getting is 8 to 9 MB/sec in less in 1 min. The size of file is 700MB.

2- And also some time laptop shows wifi is connected but I can't surf the internet then I have to switch off the router and start again. Using static ip.

anu0512 said:
Hi,

1-My three laptop are connected with the same router, if someone copying a movie from my hard drive he getting 2.40 MB/sec (remaining min 9:30), but if I'm using third party software to share the internet and speed he getting is 8 to 9 MB/sec in less in 1 min. The size of file is 700MB.

How is this related to router ? You'll need to elaborate

anu0512 said:
2- And also some time laptop shows wifi is connected but I can't surf the internet then I have to switch off the router and start again. Using static ip.

Asus Firmware or DD WRT ?

Guys, A friend of mine in Australia was using a linksys router with a custom firmware. He was able to access the router/ bittorrent client and upload new torrents remotely (while in office). other thing was, he used to get a automatic notification whenever a torrent download completed.

Can we do the above in the N13U? I would really love to add new torrents and be able see the progress of current torrents remotely:)

any links would be helpful...I can try out the rest

The notification thing can be done using an smtp client/server setup.

As for the remote access, have not been able to test the DDNS (as dinjo says its broken). Else using DDNS and changing setting in transmission, its possible.

The notification can be done easily by adding a script to transmission remote param

transmission-remote --torrent-done-script [SCRIPTNAME]

Code:
    ssmtp $TO_ADDR -f $FROM_ADDR <<EOF

Subject: "$TR_TORRENT_NAME" finished.

This is an automatic message from your friendly transmission-daemon ($TR_APP_VERSION), your files are in $TR_TORRENT_DIR .

EOF

EDIT - I have not tried this but pulled it from a source.

Thanks a lot dinjo...

not completely clear but I will google and see what I can find out ( i was not clear which location I can deploy the script)

BTW: Surprised that u haven't tried the remote access thing till now

dinjo said:
How is this related to router ? You'll need to elaborate

We are connected throw same router, whenever we are accessing net or other laptop on same sharing network so its only via router. I think same thing like connect all pc with wire (LAN) to share the data or any thing which you want.
Asus Firmware or DD WRT ?

It's Asus Firmware :ashamed:

DOWNLOAD QUEUE ENABLED

open your settings.json with putty or by copying it to your computer and opening with notepad and modify this line :

"download-queue-size": <Your desired number>

for eg.

"download-queue-size": 1

sets a queue of one torrent and thats what I like on my low bandwidth line :p .

Apparently it was introduced in 2.33 but everyone missed it since it wasn't announced well, but seems like you have to start them manually first.I'll check more on it.

Hi dinjo,

Thanks for the great tutorial. Working awesome.

I just had a small question - I have modified settings.json as per my needs. However, each time I restart my modem, settings get restored to default and the values I had put goes back to the original.

Can you help with this?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Guys,
I have flashed the firmware through the procedure stated above. But when I connect the router, i am not able to access the internet connection through the router. Moreover I am not able to access the router settings neither with root/admin nor with the username/password that i have entered at the time of flashing the firmware.
Please suggest some solution.

Back