Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

asus router sucks sucks sucks. it shld better be burnt up in this diwaali. i have ****ed my days and night. but still its the same. thanks for pogoplug consideration. Is it rigid robust?

^ If you think router sucks you are looking at wrong device or your needs you would still need router to link with Pogo remember if you are stucked at router setup i wouldn't be surprise if you get stucked at Pogo setup

Ohhh, @dinjo Thanks. I will try again till i suceed ;) I have tried all the possibilities. I am not sure its a problem with my hdd or what. It works for 2 3 days and again it doesnt get mounted. Its really frustating for me. Still i will try again from scratch.

Last edited by a moderator:
help me in this
my load temp is always at 100% when transmission is running currently only 1 torrent downloading
9gkJS.png

when i kill transmission load avg came down to 75%
any suggestions pls

problem with mount

mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro,relatime)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
ramfs on /tmp type ramfs (rw,relatime)
none on /dev type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=512k)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
devpts on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda1 on /opt type ext2 (rw,relatime)
/dev/sda2 on /tmp/mnt type ext3 (rw,relatime,errors=continue,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)

1. Are the drives mounted correctly.why is it /tmp/mnt instead of /mnt?Capture.JPG

2. Can someone tell me how to change the gateway for optware installation.i need 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1 as 1.1 belongs to my modem

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please provide his startup script (for version 18777).It would be very helpful for lots.

1. Are the drives mounted correctly.why is it /tmp/mnt instead of /mnt?View attachment 16390

2. Can someone tell me how to change the gateway for optware installation.i need 192.168.2.1 instead of 192.168.1.1 as 1.1 belongs to my modem

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone please provide his startup script (for version 18777).It would be very helpful for lots.

Same happening with me the drive is formatted with ext3 and mounting as ext2...
Dinjo,revo help needed

Think it would be mounted as ext3 if we unmount at startup and then mount again but can anyone tell me why is mnt mounting as tmp/mnt.. @dinjo plz help , also with the gateway thing.

I think most of us are on 18777 as this is the only stable version (as said by revo).it would be great if anyone provides with the startup script

I am trying to update DDWRT firmware,,,
In section - "Just paste the following into the text box in Administration -> Commands and click Save Startup", you are copying the code to startup, is it necessary to run this script on start up, so it will run everytime bootups. Is it any way to avoid this ???,

^^ there is no escape .u do need to mount the drives everytime you start, also start transmission.
Its like opening utorrent everytime or choosing run on startup.

Can anyone please pm me or post the startup script 18777 or higher? @ReVo_007 help.

I have installed transmission, started downloading in DDWRT, hangs and terminates many times with a single torrent.
My dockstar was far better performance compared to this router :-(

1. Are the drives mounted correctly.why is it /tmp/mnt instead of /mnt?View attachment 16390

- - - Updated - - -

Well the solution to this problem is .. umount the /opt and then "mount -t ext3 /dev/sda1 /opt" ,this will automount the disk as ext3 as long as its physically replugged . And about /mnt->/tmp/mnt , its just the way new systems are mounting the filesystem (linked state) . Nothing me and Dinjo can do about it .. but its not a problem,using /mnt or /tmp/mnt will still get you to the same drive partition.

- - - Updated - - -

sleep 2
insmod mbcacheinsmod jbdinsmod ext3sleep 2mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /optmkdir /tmp/mntsleep 2mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /tmp/mntecho "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwdecho 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restartiptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 50000 -j logacceptsleep 15transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon sh /mnt/adblock.sh
My startup script with the auto-mount OFF from GUI. Last line can be omitted as thats just the adblock script I run on my router.

Code:
sleep 2
insmod mbcache
insmod jbd
insmod ext3
sleep 2
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda1 /opt
mkdir /tmp/mnt
sleep 2
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /tmp/mnt
echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 50000 -j logaccept
sleep 15
transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon sh 
/mnt/adblock.sh

Installing Optware (only to an ext3 partition; /opt MUST be empty)

Code:
wget [URL]http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/optware-install.sh[/URL] -O - | tr -d '\r' > /tmp/optware-install.sh

sh /tmp/optware-install.sh; ipkg update; ipkg upgrade

wget [URL]http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/sort[/URL] -P /opt/bin; chmod +x /opt/bin/sort

[NOTE: gateway is hard set to 192.168.1.1, if u have problem with this replace in optware-install.sh by vi or sed]

@dinjo here i need to change gateway.how do i connect airtel line to n13u directly.i do need a modem right? the modem i use dlink use 192.168.1.1 so when i browse in browser i would get the modem page if i use both then wont it raise a conflict?(i didnt try)

Back