Asus RT-N13U B1 - DD-wrt thread

Asus RT-N13U Can be configured as "STANDALONE WITH 3G USB MODEM internet connection & STORAGE in USB MODEM MEMORY CARD" for Downloading.

What is the max capacity usb Storage supported ?

hello,

i got this. I m still on asus firmware. I am attaching external 40gb hdd. planning to go for ddwrt. but not now.
problem i am facing :-

In the night, i add bunch of torrents from download master. speed was fine. I monitored for like two hours eveything was cool. I slept, in a hope that by the morning i will get 4 gb of data downloaded :)

when i woke up, I ran to see my router, but i noticed only one led (power) was on. In my mind it was like shit. I unplugged my usb hdd. suddenly wireless and internet, started blinking again. then i plugged again. but my device was not detected anymore. I then plugged device to my laptop. A popup came for scan disk for error.
I scanned my disk. then again plug to router. there was not sign of detection. but after couple of hours. it get detected.

again, same thing happened next morning. lol. btw, i am on fat32 partition.

give me some solution brothers. Thanks. will appreciate it.

Please bare with my questions. I am complete noob in all this. I have N13U now. I want to make this as my download hub. I have install DD-WRT and formatted my 16GB Pendrive in Ext3 format.Can someone tell me whether my drive is successfully mounted. I ran the following commands through putty and this is my output. Kindly do not get harsh on me(Noob Alert)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This is in DD-WRT

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Do I have to type this command in Putty or paste it in DD-WRT and run the commands. If typing in putty is involved, do I have execute the command line by line or type it continuosly.

wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/optware-install.sh -O - | tr -d '\r' > /tmp/optware-install.shsh /tmp/optware-install.sh; ipkg update; ipkg upgradewget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/sort -P /opt/bin; chmod +x /opt/bin/sort
@dinjo- Request your support.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can see your disk is mounted. you can see last two line on df -h and mount.

I guess,
Code:
wget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/optware-install.sh -O - | tr -d '\r' > /tmp/optware-install.shsh /tmp/optware-install.sh; ipkg update; ipkg upgradewget http://home.karneval.cz/10102207/sort -P /opt/bin; chmod +x /opt/bin/sort

This shld be entered in putty. sorry if i am wrong. I too struggling to configure mine. i dont know my drive problem, formatting problem or anything else. :)

Noob Alert: I bought the router(B1 it is),read the first page,now the silly Quesions:

1. Which version of dd wrt should i use ,need to use the most stable one(heard @dinjo say the new version is not that stable) And can someone point me to its download link.
need to set it up for downloading all night.

2.Can i set it in repeater mode to download at night

3.Will be following the guide on first page.Its up to date right?Last edit says 5th month.

Thanks For bearing with noob.
Hope to get quick help and getting started soon.

@sunilromy I am still stuck, I guess I ll reformat the drive and try. There must something wrong with formatting. Will try over the weekends. BTW, are your downloads working now.

Hey guys , currently using tp-link wr740n router but i always wanted to have a 24/7 dedicated download rig. I want a cheap and reliable solution

My question "Is the asus n13u currently the best feasible solution" or some other things like pogoplug etc.. dinjo manu1991 need help

PogoPlug is a much better solution.

its available at only 19.99$ in a clearance sale: Pogoplug Classic Media Sharing Device - Black in Multimedia Networking | JR.com

get it ASAP.

What exactly is pogoplug, do i need a router as well to connect it to the pc ..is it flashabale with dd-wrt etc

Can i configure it as a standalone independent torrent downloader ?

Also the link you have given does indian credit card work there and what about shipping to india,i have sns account as well.

Its a separate device. nothing to do with your router. Consider it a small PC. Forget DD WRT, you can install proper linux i.e. Arch or Debian on it. You can install SAMBA, transmission, pyload. anything you want. Because it has a 1.2Ghz processor and 256mb of RAM, its much more powerful than these routers.

As for ordering, I had gotten it from ICC World (i2c international) or whatever they are called now. That time it was 35$ and the quote was 2.5k IIRC. you can get it via SNS as well(jr.com does accept international cards) but the box is a bit large so more shipping charges and I don't know how customs will treat it. iccworld goves you a fixed quote so i went with that.

So it seems to be a small computer like a raspberry pi, but more powerful than it to call it a mini linux based system..

Can you give me the link of icc world , thinking of buying it .

update : filled up a icc form to get an exact quote on price.

Back