sleep 2
mount -t ext3 -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/sda2 /tmp/mnt
echo "nobody:*:65000:65000:nobody:/mnt:/bin/false" >> /etc/passwd
echo 1 > /sys/class/scsi_disk/0:0:0:0/allow_restart
iptables -I INPUT -p tcp -d 192.168.1.1 --dport 50000 -j logaccept
sleep 15
transmission-daemon -g /mnt/data/torrents/.config/transmission-daemon sh 
/mnt/adblock.sh
@dinjo brother in the 6th line from top shouldn't the mkdir be on the next line... i guess... please guide...

Last edited by a moderator:

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
This thread shows there are so many people requiring support on N13.

Dinjo & Revo. You could start a paid service. Config one N13 from end to end - 100 Rs to 500 Rs.. Use skype to discuss & Teamviewer to config everything.

I am sure many people would be ready to pay

crytek

Disciple
Dec 2, 2009
i can't upload the ddwrt firmware through "Firmware Restoration",, it's showing error- invalid ip address.
what i did-
-install the asus utility, but didn't configure it, Firmware Restoration was running without any configuration.
-i can access the asus router page through 192.168.2.1, but can't acess mtnl modem through 192.168.1.1(bridge mode)
-tried to set the ip address in the ipv4 setting as 192.168.2.2, subnet/default gateway as 255.255.255.0 and 192.168.2.1, but it didn't help, internet was working in these settings.
-i also tried this setting in the "Get the WAN IP automatically?" panel, Capture.JPG
but the asus firmware restoration utility still showed ip invalid error
but it also didn't help.
what i did wrong?, and how can i fix this?
please reply

max_demon

@maxdemon
Adept
Dec 22, 2007
Nagpur
www.desiphotographers.com
This thread shows there are so many people requiring support on N13.

Dinjo & Revo. You could start a paid service. Config one N13 from end to end - 100 Rs to 500 Rs.. Use skype to discuss & Teamviewer to config everything.

I am sure many people would be ready to pay

helping in community will not only help the member. but everyone else who face similar issue

crytek

Disciple
Dec 2, 2009
i changed the ip address of mtnl modem to 192.168.2.1 from 192.168.1.1(changing the subnet)
and changed the asus router ip address to 192.168.1.1, so i can follow the guide exactly.
But even after that Asus Firmware Restoration utility showing "ip invalid" error.

- - - Updated - - -

edit:
updated to ddwrt, don't know what i was doing wrong before.

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
It would then defeat the purpose of tech community as a whole.

Totally agree with you & even thank you & revo for helping me.

Sometimes it takes just too much time & follow up rather its better to take remote control & finish it.

ReVo_007

#techie
ex-Mod
Apr 28, 2010
Kolkata
i changed the ip address of mtnl modem to 192.168.2.1 from 192.168.1.1(changing the subnet)
and changed the asus router ip address to 192.168.1.1, so i can follow the guide exactly.
But even after that Asus Firmware Restoration utility showing "ip invalid" error.

- - - Updated - - -

edit:
updated to ddwrt, don't know what i was doing wrong before.
the DHCP was pooling hence the IP .. should have used static IP like 192.168.1.2....

appyx

Disciple
Nov 19, 2011
if i install this custom firmware, then can i download selected files from a torrent ?
would that be possible ?
somebody who is using it as a download rig, need some help ?

appyx

Disciple
Nov 19, 2011

that was for me ? right ?
thanks a lot, will try to install it then

- - - Updated - - -

so i flashed my router with dd wrt firmware, infact using it right now .. so net is working..

no how do i've add those commands in the administration tab of web ui... but where ...
need some help !! (noob alert :p)

- - - Updated - - -

already formatted my hdd in 2 parts (in ext3 format), one is around 1 gb and the other of the remaining...

appyx

Disciple
Nov 19, 2011
I flashed my router with the dd wrt firmware and the web gui worked for the
first two times but when i tried to install it the third time, i can't get
access to the web gui (i can connect to internet by connecting my modem into the
router via wan)

btw my router is rt n13u b1

i can not ping my router (192.168.2.1) or even finds it default gateway with
ipconfig /all when it has dd wrt firmware installed...

but i can connect my modem via wan and can run internet without any issues..
but can't access my router's ip (gateway)

but can ping the router 192.168.2.1 when i have the official firmware from
asus installed..

Tried installing other versions also but nothing seems to be heling...

Need some help here as the sole purpose was to get modify it for p2p ..

Praks

Skilled
Sep 26, 2007
I flashed my router with the dd wrt firmware and the web gui worked for the
first two times but when i tried to install it the third time, i can't get
access to the web gui (i can connect to internet by connecting my modem into the
router via wan)

btw my router is rt n13u b1

i can not ping my router (192.168.2.1) or even finds it default gateway with
ipconfig /all when it has dd wrt firmware installed...

but i can connect my modem via wan and can run internet without any issues..
but can't access my router's ip (gateway)

but can ping the router 192.168.2.1 when i have the official firmware from
asus installed..

Tried installing other versions also but nothing seems to be heling...

Need some help here as the sole purpose was to get modify it for p2p ..

Start the router, Use Asus Network discovery software (comes with N13 B1 or download from site)
It will discover IP of your N13 now access with that IP in browser. Seems like DHCP issue where you are not able to figure out your IP.

appyx

Disciple
Nov 19, 2011
Start the router, Use Asus Network discovery software (comes with N13 B1 or download from site)
It will discover IP of your N13 now access with that IP in browser. Seems like DHCP issue where you are not able to figure out your IP.

I already tried that thing.... with the official firmware it can find the ip as 192.168.2.1, but with dd wrt it's not recognising the device, nor with the ping -t it's giving any response, or even with ipconfig /all cmd it's letting me know the gateway... (when dd wrt is installed)

dinjo

Hell Yeah[Born Critic]
Skilled
Sep 14, 2009
Mumbai
Did you do this ?

If not already directly wired, connect Ethernet cable from one of the router's LAN ports to client PC.

Be sure router's other three LAN ports and WAN port are open (nothing connected)[Very Very Important]

On PC, disable all other network adapters: wireless, modem, etc.[Another very important step ignoring it might brick the router]

On PC, disable any firewall (Ex. Windows Firewall)

Optional: Set PC to use a static IP, Ex. 192.168.1.2, netmask 255.255.255.0, gateway 192.168.1.1[I recommend this to be done]

If possible, use uninterruptable power supply (UPS) for both PC and router. A power failure while flashing, though not likely, will probably brick the router.

Reactions: ramkrsn