Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Ujwal,
Ccan you please post the working link for download of Gizmolord Rom RC7 V 4.0 .. I found one but it seems to be broken !!!
Also specify, whats the difference between Gizmolord RC7 V4.0 and Gizmolord RC8 V4.0 ???

Thanks in Advance !!! ;)

@ Ujwal,
Ccan you please post the working link for download of Gizmolord Rom RC7 V 4.0 .. I found one but it seems to be broken !!!
Also specify, whats the difference between Gizmolord RC7 V4.0 and Gizmolord RC8 V4.0 ???

Thanks in Advance !!! ;)

Gizmolord RC7 4.0 is with stock phone and contacts.
Gizmolord RC8 4.0 is with AOSP phone and Contacts.

When phone is turned on, i see a white circle in center of screen. It is clearly visible in white background. Does someone else face this? Is this an issue with display?

Also since phone is not rooted, i can't use any Screenshot app. Is there any other way to take a screenshot?

When phone is turned on, i see a white circle in center of screen. It is clearly visible in white background. Does someone else face this? Is this an issue with display?

Also since phone is not rooted, i can't use any Screenshot app. Is there any other way to take a screenshot?

Use Volume down + Power button simultaneously to take screen shot and post it here....

Regards.

I faced the same problem. Looks like burnin on the AMOLED screen, maybe from being used as display piece. Where did you buy the phone from?

Use Volume down + Power button simultaneously to take screen shot and post it here....

That wont show anything.

Same was with me too for my brother piece.. It was a manufacturing defect... But I got replaced .. :D

I have Pantech Burst on Stock ICS with no memory card installed currently. I have installed few apps and games.

Now my phone memory in settings show this.
Downloaded - 742 MB used and 266 MB free
Internal Media storage - 483 MB and 12 GB free

Now if I try to install/update any app/games of more than 20 MB...file is downloaded but while installing it gives an error "insufficient memory"

What is the reason for this error. Is there a specific quota of space allotted for installing apps/games on device memory.

you will need to move the apps installed in phone memory of 1GB to the 12GB space. You can do it from phone itself or using pantech pc suite i think.

you will need to move the apps installed in phone memory of 1GB to the 12GB space. You can do it from phone itself or using pantech pc suite i think.

How to do that on Phone...can you explain...

For PC suite...I will download tonight and check it.

In Home screen, press Apps. Then press edit. You will get small cog on every app installed. You can see info, uninstall and help. press on info. you will be taken to app info screen. if the app allows moving to storage you will see a Move to Storage option. Try with one app/game and see if you can use it normally after moving it to storage. Do take backup first with pc suite before trying all this. Pc suite allows taking backup of all installed apps and calls, contacts etc on phone to your user folder on computer. so if in case anything goes wrong, you can reinstall the app or game using pc suite.

@6pack Thanks for the detailed info.....

Last night I had installed Pantech PC suite on my Win8 laptop but device is not getting detected. Is there any specific Win8 drivers which I need to install.

Last edited by a moderator:
no the default drivers work properly in windows 8. i had put a post in pg 25 of this thread regarding this issue. you just need to uninstall the Pantech USB driver v1.1 from add/remove programs and the phone will get recognized by pc.

I have Pantech Burst on Stock ICS with no memory card installed currently. I have installed few apps and games.

Now my phone memory in settings show this.
Downloaded - 742 MB used and 266 MB free
Internal Media storage - 483 MB and 12 GB free

Now if I try to install/update any app/games of more than 20 MB...file is downloaded but while installing it gives an error "insufficient memory"

What is the reason for this error. Is there a specific quota of space allotted for installing apps/games on device memory.

Just clean up your cache and try. If still not a GO, proceed with moving apps to the SD card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back