Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who says this phone has bad battery life , check the screenshot . Point to note is that mobile is awake 70/80% of time and not sleeping to get this battery life
I am on latest CM10

Kuduku, can u confirm all sensors are working fine in CM10? Did they work in AOKP as well? I seem to have problem with GPS in AOKP.

Which one u think is better, AOKP or CM10?

BTW Gapps is supposed to include all google applications right? I find only play store and some other application installed with gapps. I have to manually install Gmail, Crome, youtube.

Okay guys, here's a fix to the annoying
CPU 1 offline status in system tuner. Go to
system tuner>> CPU>> Boot. Change
"force all CPUs online" from disabled to
"on boot completed"
You should be able to see both the CPUs online. Now adjust the max frequencies
to your taste

Hello Friends,

I need ur suggestion on this matter. Just a week before, my friend purchased Pantech burst from phonestoreUSA for me. sterday i reached it from him, one he reached india. Initially, I found watermark like impression on the screen with some text down. I though it may be some scratches and as per my friends advice i cleaned my screen with little pinch of colin cleaner. After that also, i found the circle and text ( it's around 3 cm ) in the screen. it's clearly visible in white backgrounds, esp web browsers with white and even i found these on video playing also.

Once again, i conveyed this problem to my friend. he told it may be ALOMED Image Burn. I googled abt it and got it.

Now, I request you to give me some suggestions to fix the problem or otherwise I may send it to US through some packing service to get replacement (It had one month replacement).

Give me some cost effective suggestions to solve this problem.

Any way to improve battery life on 3g? Battery lasts just few hours if 3g is on. Even power save mode does not help much.
How to tether the phone to share internet with pc? USB,wifi & Bluetooth all say to ask at&t. :(

It won't Bork the phone right? Don't have access to internet on comp for a week or two. Phone is last available place for internet right now.

It won't Bork the phone right? Don't have access to internet on comp for a week or two. Phone is last available place for internet right now.

nope . if you are on CM 10 or aokp, it will be unlocked by default.

if you are on stock rom or those gizmolord roms do these procedures

install secret code revealer app from play store

in that app
1)search codes
2)list codes
3) tap on "softapactivation"
4) launch code
5) now we have softaphidden menu
6) check on the first two check boxes
7)save
8) reboot

now we have native USB tethering

Hello Friends,

I need ur suggestion on this matter. Just a week before, my friend purchased Pantech burst from phonestoreUSA for me. sterday i reached it from him, one he reached india. Initially, I found watermark like impression on the screen with some text down. I though it may be some scratches and as per my friends advice i cleaned my screen with little pinch of colin cleaner. After that also, i found the circle and text ( it's around 3 cm ) in the screen. it's clearly visible in white backgrounds, esp web browsers with white and even i found these on video playing also.

Once again, i conveyed this problem to my friend. he told it may be ALOMED Image Burn. I googled abt it and got it.

Now, I request you to give me some suggestions to fix the problem or otherwise I may send it to US through some packing service to get replacement (It had one month replacement).

Give me some cost effective suggestions to solve this problem.

Hardware issue - have to get the phone replaced. The image is a burn of the lock screen. I had the same problem with my order from iBhejo. Had to go through 2 replacements to get a proper phone. Luckily, they handled India-US-India shipping. Took more than a few weeks though. Try sending through India Post for cheap shipping, not sure about reliability.

Any missed call/SMS indicator for the phone - without having to turn on the screen?

Kuduku, can u confirm all sensors are working fine in CM10? Did they work in AOKP as well? I seem to have problem with GPS in AOKP.

Which one u think is better, AOKP or CM10?

BTW Gapps is supposed to include all google applications right? I find only play store and some other application installed with gapps. I have to manually install Gmail, Crome, youtube.
They both are fine , depends on taste . Everything os working fine on CM10 except tethering . AOKP everything worked . They might have removed it to make it lighter . Only thing required is signed playstore

They both are fine , depends on taste . Everything os working fine on CM10 except tethering . AOKP everything worked . They might have removed it to make it lighter . Only thing required is signed playstore

Tethering is working fine for me with cm10

Hardware issue - have to get the phone replaced. The image is a burn of the lock screen. I had the same problem with my order from iBhejo. Had to go through 2 replacements to get a proper phone. Luckily, they handled India-US-India shipping. Took more than a few weeks though. Try sending through India Post for cheap shipping, not sure about reliability.

Any missed call/SMS indicator for the phone - without having to turn on the screen?

Nope, It Displays one circle in the center with 2 cm diameter and some letters just down of the circle. It only displays as WATERMARK in brighter colors as background.

Indian Post handles this type of electronics parcel service? When i enquired @ PPO, ICCWorld, they told me if it's purchased from ICCWorld only they can send it back. Otherwise they can't send it. Because electronics items are not allowed to send :(

Some query related to android in general.
Would need help to use wap settings for whatsapp to work.
Seems android apps are not designed to handle wap protocols.
I could get whatsapp to work in symbian phones but the same settings wont work on android.
Tried proxydroid and all it could do was get the youtube app to play videos on wap settings.
Any pointers in that regard would be helpful.

Can some in mumbai/thane help me in rooting the phone in person on his system. looking for a person who has rooted his phone without problems ... dont mind travelling to mumbai :)

ps : sorry m but m too confused with the rooting process.

Can some in mumbai/thane help me in rooting the phone in person on his system. looking for a person who has rooted his phone without problems ... dont mind travelling to mumbai :)

ps : sorry m but m too confused with the rooting process.
It's easy, I might be able to do it over teamviewer for you after my exams I.e 18th may...

It's easy, I might be able to do it over teamviewer for you after my exams I.e 18th may...
:) .. neways let see if it happns bfr that.. i have loaded all the drivers the adb, sdk in c drive .. my device name shows as emulator 5554.. but whn i watch a tutorial on youtube .. the device name was like presto... m confused if the device got detected ? help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back