Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few hours searching clean worksheet of 'How to root Pantech burst and install custom rom" on the thread, I may not end in any answers. Anyone plz provide me the good/neat steps.

Have pantech burst with Stock ICS. Need to remove all at&t programs.

After I uninstalled updates to chrome browser, play store does not download any app now. Its stuck on downloading message. In task manager I see that during this message there is no data transfer to the phone. Tried clearing cache, etc of play, but it did not work. Will I have to reinstall the rom again?

Checked that. Not a network problem. Speed test at same time when it was trying to download showed 7Mbps down speed. Was browsing TE on tapatalk too.
Will factory reset remove all installed apps, contacts, sms etc from phone?

Even a factory reset was not able to get WIFI tethering for me . WIFI and bluetooth thethering both dont work . Only USB thethering works
@The Pain you sure WIFI thethering work ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cm10 is little more polished. Aokp gives lot of more options for customisations, really worth trying out. I shall go back to aokp from CM10 probably as GPS doesnt seem to work for me. Also on youtube video for pantech, one other user mentioned GPS and other sensors are not working for him.

This phone got lot of potential really, Cm and AOKP if worked more on would be great. I would gladly donate too with full functional hardware and support for bugs. Same would be case for other devices too like samsung tabs.

Even a factory reset was not able to get WIFI tethering for me . WIFI and bluetooth thethering both dont work . Only USB thethering works
@The Pain you sure WIFI thethering work ?

Hi, I meant USB thethering. Havent used WIFI thethering.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which custom build ? CM10 has also got updated with tethering fix , are you talking about that . SlimJB has been taken down from devsnest . Any one knows why ?
https://code.google.com/p/devsnest-developments/downloads/list

Yep, so they updated it. crackuc gave me a link last week, but did not have time to do backups and all.

As for SlimJB, should be there on marduk191s blog.[DOUBLEPOST=1370111112][/DOUBLEPOST]UPDATE his blog has become invite only! And the link there too has been removed :mad:[DOUBLEPOST=1370111585][/DOUBLEPOST]Seems some issue over xda. Too bad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back