Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have bought pantech burst around 4 months back, it was working perfectly. Yesterday suddenly it started heating up and got switched off. I took out battery and kept it to cool off. But after that PHONE is not SWITCHING ON. I unplugged sim card and memory card but than too its is showing no response. I plugged in power for an hour and more but i m getting no response from phone. Does anybody have any idea about this . Please help

Hello
I have bought pantech burst around 4 months back, it was working perfectly. Yesterday suddenly it started heating up and got switched off. I took out battery and kept it to cool off. But after that PHONE is not SWITCHING ON. I unplugged sim card and memory card but than too its is showing no response. I plugged in power for an hour and more but i m getting no response from phone. Does anybody have any idea about this . Please help
Is your mobile getting hot only towards camera sides when charging ?

Hello

I have faced the same issue few months back.....check my thread for detailed info
http://www.techenclave.com/communit...eated-while-charging-and-now-its-dead.145691/

In my case the memory card was giving the issue....

My battery life has improved drastically on AOKP Jellybean Apr 20 on 2G . I got 30 hours + . Easily changed to 3G whenever required data , no apps required to change it .

Tks for the tip on aokp release. Flashed it and impressed with infinite customization options. Its how original android should have been.

Anyway, facing couple of problems. How to access sim card contacts (without using 3rd party app).

And how to maintain phone contacts separate from google account contacts? In gizmolord rom there was options to set visibility and storage path for contacts, i.e. google contacts or phone contacts.

What i want is, to see contacts i save with phone no.s separately from all junk contact data with only email ids coming from google contacts.

Tks for the tip on aokp release. Flashed it and impressed with infinite customization options. Its how original android should have been.

Anyway, facing couple of problems. How to access sim card contacts (without using 3rd party app).

And how to maintain phone contacts separate from google account contacts? In gizmolord rom there was options to set visibility and storage path for contacts, i.e. google contacts or phone contacts.

What i want is, to see contacts i save with phone no.s separately from all junk contact data with only email ids coming from google contacts.
Go in contacts> contacts to display> and select the contacts you want . You can choose skype /google/live /whatapp or anything whether you want to show in contacts to display or not
If its sync with google then make a new group like 'mobile contacts' and add your mobile contacts in it . Then in contacts to display (your email id) and select the group mobile contact[DOUBLEPOST=1367069431][/DOUBLEPOST]
use super backup to first backup all your contacts and then restore them on the aokp rom
google sync is so good , why use a third party app . Make groups like mobile contacts , email contacts and select which to show/display in contacts section

If its sync with google then make a new group like 'mobile contacts' and add your mobile contacts in it . Then in contacts to display (your email id) and select the group mobile contact

Done. Tks. I was expecting separate category inbuilt to rom like 'mobile contacts' in gizmolord. But this would work fine too. Benefit being, it will be backed up to google account, are easily accessible and not mixed up with all general contacts.

Who says this phone has bad battery life , check the screenshot . Point to note is that mobile is awake 70/80% of time and not sleeping to get this battery life
I am on latest CM10
Screenshot_2013-04-29-09-21-22.png

^ Yes, CM10 provides better battery life than the previous ICS for me. Also CM10 is more smooth and feels faster. Waiting for CM10.1 update by the awesome devs :D

Guys,
is it possible to underclock and/or undervolt the Pantech Burst?
if it is, which app are you using? SetCPU?

Guys,
is it possible to underclock and/or undervolt the Pantech Burst?
if it is, which app are you using? SetCPU?

Yes. Use SetCPU to underclock but you need to be rooted. Also Android Tuner is good app. I have put both cores at 1Ghz max and on demand setting :)

Yes. Use SetCPU to underclock but you need to be rooted. Also Android Tuner is good app. I have put both cores at 1Ghz max and on demand setting :)

Set CPU can Underclock using profiles on rooted phones,
but can you confirm whether it can Undervolt too?
i've heard that not all phones support Undervolting

is there any stable undervolt settings for pantech burst?
i.e. how do i decide how much undervolt is enough at a CPU speed of say 900 MHz?
is it also possible to turn a core on and off on demand?

that is only a single core would work at 900MHz(undervolted) while the other Core sleeps till called upon?

Set CPU can Underclock using profiles on rooted phones,
but can you confirm whether it can Undervolt too?
i've heard that not all phones support Undervolting

is there any stable undervolt settings for pantech burst?
i.e. how do i decide how much undervolt is enough at a CPU speed of say 900 MHz?
is it also possible to turn a core on and off on demand?

that is only a single core would work at 900MHz(undervolted) while the other Core sleeps till called upon?

No, undervolting yet not possible for Burst (need a custom kernel for that, hopefully some dev will build one). Use Android Tuner to underclock to 1ghz and both on-demand. Don't worry second core will be called upon only when necessary, its one (first) core only for me 90% of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back