Android AT&T Pantech Burst - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am installing win7 in vmware to root my phone in gingerbread , still could not get the phone to work in win8 , i dont plan to install custom roms so do i need cwm recovery? should i use this guide How to Root the Pantech Burst - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr ? if i use this How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Pantech Burst - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr will this when installing cwm also root the phone?

You might be able to do it in android system recovery also, no need to use adb and all if yo need to do is root. However, not sure if it will work.

Anyways, you could ask another TE user to do it for you.

I am installing win7 in vmware to root my phone in gingerbread , still could not get the phone to work in win8 , i dont plan to install custom roms so do i need cwm recovery? should i use this guide How to Root the Pantech Burst - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr ? if i use this How to Install ClockworkMod Recovery on the Pantech Burst - TheUnlockrTheUnlockr will this when installing cwm also root the phone?
To root your phone follow this guide .

Pantech Burst Quick Guides - GizmoLord Forum

Select the rooting guide . And you don't need cwm .

Bloody hell ! Such a difference in battery life between 2G and 3G on ICS !!! I used pure 2G today and after moderate use of the phone the battery is only half full (see I am an optimist !!!). If I was on 3G it would have been close to zero for sure.

Bloody hell ! Such a difference in battery life between 2G and 3G on ICS !!! I used pure 2G today and after moderate use of the phone the battery is only half full (see I am an optimist !!!). If I was on 3G it would have been close to zero for sure.
for me its almost 1.5 days batter life.

I was trying to root , when the phone booted in fastboot it was not recognised , it auto downloaded drivers from windows update , when i ran"fastboot boot prestoroot.img" i got error "fastboot" not recognised command , now how do i get out of fast boot mode?

- - - Updated - - -

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\adb>adb reboot bootloader
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\adb>fastboot boot prestoroot.img

'fastboot' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\adb>fastboot boot prestoroot.img

C:\Program Files (x86)\Pantech\Pantech PC Suite\adb>

- - - Updated - - -

ok, removing battery did it

how to get rid of this error ?

I have also installed android sdk , still getting this

- - - Updated - - -

Successfully rooted after copying fastboot exe to adb folder

- - - Updated - - -

usb tethering working fine after rooting , this is all that i needed

Just a reminder for those who have rooted the phone and are removing AT&T apps, please double check whatever you are removing and make backup in Titanium Manager before uninstalling them. If you remove the wrong apk, then you will end up with a minor to a major issue.

- - - Updated - - -

And waste other people's time, energy and talktime trying to resolve the issue :p

I want to downclock the cpu to 1ghz , which app to use? are there any risks ?
setcpu , free on xda but paid in playstore . Download from xda , requires root . Reduce voltages by 25 than try using the mobile . There just be no hangups or freezing . Keep on reducing on all by 25 till you are happy that its not lagging / freezing / restarting . You will also find that you will be able to reduce voltages more on higher frequencies and less on the lower ones as your mobile remain more time in lower frequencies so has less leeway for reduction . I generally reduce by 50 as I have been doing it from long on my S2
try it out and never reduce voltages more than 50 in one go

setcpu , free on xda but paid in playstore . Download from xda , requires root . Reduce voltages by 25 than try using the mobile . There just be no hangups or freezing . Keep on reducing on all by 25 till you are happy that its not lagging / freezing / restarting . You will also find that you will be able to reduce voltages more on higher frequencies and less on the lower ones as your mobile remain more time in lower frequencies so has less leeway for reduction . I generally reduce by 50 as I have been doing it from long on my S2
try it out and never reduce voltages more than 50 in one go

It has no custom kernel yet, so I don't think we can reduce voltages. Can only underclock. Also can try Android Tuner.

I upgraded to stock ICS, using the Pantech Burst OS upgrade tool. I understand that my bootloader is locked now. Is it possible to install a custom ROM now?

Also, I have rooted my phone. How to remove the AT&T bloatware?

Hello Members, I have rooted ICS, then removed AT&T apps. Then Contact problem started, then reset to Factory Defalut, Unable to restore Orginal Apps.
Hello me to restore Factory ICS with APPs

Hey crack uc you haven't replied my pm mate
No bro :) I read it . Can u wait a little time more ? I took some images back when i bought for the actual seller And i wanted you to see those . I don't know why they aren't appearing in my sent box :/ I asked him to upload again and gimme .

- - - Updated - - -

Mods please look at this

http://forum.gizmolord.com/android-modding/pantech-burst-quick-guides/

And add this link on first page . All guides are personally written by me in the simplest form possible .I update that regularly aswell . All those will help noobs very well .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back