Audio-Technica Headphones- T200, T500 , M20,M35 , AD300, AD500, AD700, A900

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello PristineNote
i need a recommendation for a headphone within 2k
i need it mainly for gaming
also watching movies and listening to some music( not very often)

my current headphone is Sennheiser HD180(almost 2 years old)
which i agree isn't the best sounding headphone, but is very comfortable (over the ear and large cans) and has great build quality

which headphone (any brand) would you suggest , without me having to break the piggy bank?

^ An amp wont add much to the AD700 but a good source/ sound card will make a lot of difference. Asus DG/DX (internal soundcards ) or Fiio E7 / E10 DACs(external soundcard with built in amplifiers ) will be a very good add on to the AD700 and provide much better sound quality compared to your onboard laptop.

We have the Asus cards as well as Fiio line up with us . PM us for a quote .

send me a quote for the external soundcards.(best value for money) but i would like a very genuine opinion.. will any of these cards make any significant noticeable diff. in quality or clarity of sound.. my current soundcard is IDT High Definition Audio. and it has hardware equalizer settings from 31 hz to 16 khz. does that mean it cannot play frequencies beyond that??? or it just wont process them??

also, how do i know what the impedance rating of my laptop headphone jack is right now?? and with these external soundcards with built in amps, do they have fixed impedance or tweakable?? :)

sorry.. but writing here as you are out of pm space.. :)

Since you wrote here let me reply here :) , by external sound card do you mean a Add on card like DX or a DAC . The Asus Xonar Dx gives a 50 percent SQ improvement in AD700 over Onboard , higher end Amps like e7/e11 might make a difference but a E5 made the SQ worser in my case for the AD700 , with e6 it sounds pretty good,but again i had not tried only with e6 , it was thru xonar dx -> e6 -> AD700.

^ Internal cards = PCI / PCI-e sound cards like Asus Xonar DG /DX etc .

External sound cards/DAC = USB sound cards .

E5 / E6 are only portable amplifiers and not digital sound processors .Amplifiers just provide more power/ volume . Hence the degrade in sound quality .The E7 is is soundcard + amp .

puneetritehere said:
send me a quote for the external soundcards.(best value for money) but i would like a very genuine opinion.. will any of these cards make any significant noticeable diff. in quality or clarity of sound.. my current soundcard is IDT High Definition Audio. and it has hardware equalizer settings from 31 hz to 16 khz. does that mean it cannot play frequencies beyond that??? or it just wont process them??

also, how do i know what the impedance rating of my laptop headphone jack is right now?? and with these external soundcards with built in amps, do they have fixed impedance or tweakable?? :)

sorry.. but writing here as you are out of pm space.. :)
We haven't decided the pricing for the Fiio Products, will be done by once the products clear customs .They should be here soon. By and large any decent dedicated soundcard (internal or external) will provide a huge amount difference in sound clarity and especially authority of sound when compared to on-board audio.

Just a quick question. I'm interested in the AD300/AD500. But I intend to use it when on the move. Would these work without an amp? I will be using them with an iPod or a mobile phone. Will it do justice to these headphones? Also are these very huge or can it be worn when outside as well? Thanks!

ISHROCZ_14 said:
any christmas / new year offers ?? which card will be good for MUSIC only MUSIC on philips 5.1 home theatre ??

No special offers for now . We are already providing best prices for almost all products . If you need any particular product you could PM us & we will see what best price we can provide as a return customer .
Checksum said:
Just a quick question. I'm interested in the AD300/AD500. But I intend to use it when on the move. Would these work without an amp? I will be using them with an iPod or a mobile phone. Will it do justice to these headphones? Also are these very huge or can it be worn when outside as well? Thanks!
The AD300/AD500 both are very easy to drive headphones but their large size cups & open design might not be best suited for mobile usage . For portable headphones I sugges you look at the portable series in below link or get something like the ATH-M35 / M50 which are foldable & can be used for travel .

www.techenclave.com/pristinenote/audio-technica-portables-earbuds-iems-sports-204522.html

mukherjee said:
@PristineNote

YGPM

Sent payment for ATH-T500 :)

Replied :)

@PristineNote

Got the T500 delivered today in Pristine condition :D

Will check out the headphones later(I'm out of home right now)

Thanks

M20 in stock? Is it good for movies/TV on laptop? Budget 2.5k and need comfort and good isolation. Not looking for open type headphones.

^ M20 is in stock . Very comfortable headphones and easy to drive as well so should work with laptop onboard easily. Check first few pages of this thread for impressions from M20 buyers.

Heh. M35 looks interesting. But out of budget. :-( For the above usage, M35 or T500? Also does m35 come with the pouch shown in the pic in the first post?

Let me know.

Krow said:
Heh. M35 looks interesting. But out of budget. :-( For the above usage, M35 or T500? Also does m35 come with the pouch shown in the pic in the first post?

Let me know.

M35 and T500 both are equally good but T500 would be better for TV and laptop usage since it has lower impedance and higher sensitivity. :) The M35 does come with the carry pouch .

Hello,

Any lightweight supra-aural options like ATH-ES3? I am looking for something that sits lightly on the ear and has a closed back. Used completely for computer audio.

Thanks

The T500 is just awesome....pair it with an amp to take it the next level...awesome for the price
<

Thanks a lot
<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back