Audio Audiophile and gears

I am looking for headphone replacement cables. The cable needs to be bare at the headphone end and 3.5 mm jack at the other end. Anyone know where can I find one?

I am guessing its one of those hard wired ones so will need soldering, in which case even this should work by cutting off one end ?
This was the reason I was asking. If he is already gonna do some soldering, he can just buy the cable you linked to, or even just get a 3.5mm plug and wire separately and even solder that end.

The left and right cups have individual wires to drive them so the cable that @ibose suggested will not work because that will most probably have 3 cores (left, right and ground). Even if it did had 4 cores, the cable would have to be spit in between which will look janky. Here is what I have thought. I will buy speaker wires, some sleve, heat shrink and a 3.5mm plug. I will desolder the old cable from the speakers, solder the new cable, sleeve them, heatshrink them at the junction (the Y) so that it looks professional and solder a 3.5mm plug at the other end.

The left and right cups have individual wires to drive them so the cable that @ibose suggested will not work because that will most probably have 3 cores (left, right and ground). Even if it did had 4 cores, the cable would have to be spit in between which will look janky. Here is what I have thought. I will buy speaker wires, some sleve, heat shrink and a 3.5mm plug. I will desolder the old cable from the speakers, solder the new cable, sleeve them, heatshrink them at the junction (the Y) so that it looks professional and solder a 3.5mm plug at the other end.
Or this DIY cable (costly imho). Which headphone is this ?

You can check out the cable ibose has mentioned or order this one and just cut off the 2-pin connectors and solder to your headphones. Will work out much quicker than your plan. Just check the continuity first so you know which wire is '+' and '-'.

Hello,
I am looking to get an IEM under 2k strictly
I am currently looking into KZ ZSN Pro X and Blon BL-03

Two people I have asked recommendations from reported that their Blons broke after ~7 months and I did some reviews talking bad about their build quality

So, I'm confused on what to get. As far as I understand, Blons have balanced sound but the build quality and fit is a concern
KZs has a nice fit for many, the copper cable is cheap, it has more bass and clear instruments. [according to a Headphone Guru from Headphone Zone]

Please let me know your opinions on this and some recommendations

Edit:
Hearing Blons have bad QC. I could get KZs and try it out. If I don't like it, I can exchange it for Blons [I could get tips later on unless it's expensive for better ones]

Last edited:
For those who are interested in Fiio K9Pro, Here Indian Pricing revealed - 55k INR (54990/-) at Origin (Fiio Co IN)

Here is the Link

Q3O1Rx0h.png

Last edited:
how much price difference to expect ?, US pricing is still not revealed for ESS9038.
So that model will be K9 instead of pro, isn't it.

No idea of the pricing of any ESS version.
According to their official statement...all ESS versions are targeted at Budget conscious market.

AKM 4499 = K9 Pro LTD Edition (2000 unit)

ESS 9038 Q2M (Dual config) = K9 Pro

ESS 9068 AS (Dual Config) = K9 <---This one is under RD as well as market reaction/situation and demand.

Last edited:
No idea of the pricing of any ESS version.
According to their official statement...all ESS versions are targeted at Budget conscious market.

AKM 4499 = K9 Pro LTD Edition (2000 unit)

ESS 9038 Q2M (Dual config) = K9 Pro

ESS 9068 AS (Dual Config) = K9 <---This one is under RD as well as market reaction/situation and demand.
I guess there's no Ltd. Edition, it may be some promotional hype.
The link you've mentioned at fiio India cleary shows k9pro 's description as akm4499 dac.

Back