Audio Audiophile and gears

I paid much less from amazon. Under 19k iirc coupling bank and other cash backs.
Oh i mentioned the sale price without Bank discounts, that's a solid deal.
OH MY GOD. That's like half the price compared to current! I am badly in need to purchase a headphone and decided on the 560S but I see it's being sold at MRP, everywhere :ROFL:
If you're interested, this is a good deal. It should have 1y plus warranty remaining.

Screenshot_20220701-141025.jpg

Last edited:
Oh this elite group. My request is still pending. I think it's like 2 months now. That looks like a good deal.
am a member since long time on the all the FB sales group. first join the Indian Audiophile forum then join this the pre-loved sales group.
the seller is also known to me and i can pass on the contact to you. PM me if you want. will pass on the details.

Oh i mentioned the sale price without Bank discounts, that's a solid deal.

If you're interested, this is a good deal. It should have 1y plus warranty remaining.

View attachment 138111
The ratio of headphone to amps/dacs should ideally be 4:1. Instead, this guy went the other way around, spending more than four times the amount he spent on his pair of headphones.

Last edited by a moderator:
am a member since long time on the all the FB sales group. first join the Indian Audiophile forum then join this the pre-loved sales group.
the seller is also known to me and i can pass on the contact to you. PM me if you want. will pass on the details.
I sent request to that group first, Indian Audiophile one. Then a week later sent a DM to Raghav Somani requesting for approval as well. I just checked, this was on 15th May.
Also, regarding the 650, I just spent past couple of hours watching/reading reviews between 560S and 650, and it seems like the 560S is better with regard to soundstage and imaging but 650 is better in everything else. As a gamer and movie watcher those two aspects are really important to me, so I am a bit conflicted.

The ratio of headphone to amps/dacs should ideally be 4:1. Instead, this guy went the other way around, spending more than four times the amount he spent on his pair of headphones.
Most people rave about pairing hd6xx or 650 with tube amps, that’s what he tried and maybe realized in the process it’s not worth the hype? Though I would love to try this combo someday for self-realization.

Looks like this year HD660s see some (25%) first price cut from HPZ and Concept Kart but Sadly Amazon (Appario) did not bother to participate, maybe they join during the festival season.

GAzcGEp.png

JpXOqyW.png

Also at HPZ IE300 got some price cuts too

OuZqi54.png

Last edited:
It can be your preference or someone else may have said it is their preference, I have personally not heard of this 4:1 as a claim anywhere. The better way to put it could be 'I would not be comfortable if my Amp was 4 times the price of my headphone, but that is me and my preference'. I would not generalize such a statement(4:1) as a claim.

I have a 2.5 lakh amp that I use to drive a 50k headphone, used it for a 7k gaming headphone as well. I also have a 50k amp that I use to drive a 4.5 lakh headphone. It is all about what you like and what sound signature you want to hear on some days and just general experimentation of how things sound. It is suggested that you first spend money on the transducers and then try to find synergy with the source gear. The best headphones available are in the 10K(Spirit Torino Valkyria) USD range, not looking at the HE-1 as that is an all in one, the best Amps and DACs are way above 10K USD (DCS, Nagra, etc.).

You can only decide for yourself and what your comfort zone is. Amplifiers/DAcs being more expensive than headphones is absolutely acceptable and not snake-oil.

It can be your preference or someone else may have said it is their preference, I have personally not heard of this 4:1 as a claim anywhere. The better way to put it could be 'I would not be comfortable if my Amp was 4 times the price of my headphone, but that is me and my preference'. I would not generalize such a statement(4:1) as a claim.

I have a 2.5 lakh amp that I use to drive a 50k headphone, used it for a 7k gaming headphone as well. I also have a 50k amp that I use to drive a 4.5 lakh headphone. It is all about what you like and what sound signature you want to hear on some days and just general experimentation of how things sound. It is suggested that you first spend money on the transducers and then try to find synergy with the source gear. The best headphones available are in the 10K(Spirit Torino Valkyria) USD range, not looking at the HE-1 as that is an all in one, the best Amps and DACs are way above 10K USD (DCS, Nagra, etc.).

You can only decide for yourself and what your comfort zone is. Surely a lot of snakeoil stuff exists. Amplifiers/DAcs being more expensive than headphones is absolutely acceptable and not snake-oil.
Just because you've spent on an expensive amp, doesn't mean it's worth it. This isn't a post for your confirmation bias. Multiple hobbyists including Crinacle, Joshua Valour, Timmy Vangtan as well as the entire headphone community on Reddit discourage people from buying expensive amps/dacs. For amps/dacs, the law of diminishing returns hits fast, which is why it's better to spend more on headphones while getting a respectable, value-oriented dac/amp for the money.

Costly dac/amps fall into the same category as flac music, expensive cables and burn in (people still believe in burn-in in 2022). Some will believe that better aesthetics (cables) give you better sound. Some will believe that expensive dac/amps give better sound since they placebo effect themselves into hearing a difference that objectively barely exists and realistically is indiscernible.

And since this hobby is based more on subjectivity than objectivity, there's presence of snake-oil in every category, including amps/dacs.

Just because you've spent on an expensive amp, doesn't mean it's worth it. This isn't a post for your confirmation bias. Multiple hobbyists including Crinacle, Joshua Valour, Timmy Vangtan as well as the entire headphone community on Reddit discourage people from buying expensive amps/dacs. For amps/dacs, the law of diminishing returns hits fast, which is why it's better to spend more on headphones while getting a respectable, value-oriented dac/amp for the money.

Costly dac/amps fall into the same category as flac music, expensive cables and burn in (people still believe in burn-in in 2022). Some will believe that better aesthetics (cables) give you better sound. Some will believe that expensive dac/amps give better sound since they placebo effect themselves into hearing a difference that objectively barely exists and realistically is indiscernible.

And since this hobby is based more on subjectivity than objectivity, there's presence of snake-oil in every category, including amps/dacs.
Where did I claim anything that you had to call me out on confirmation bias. You didn't really read what I posted, did you? Just out here trying to post your own bias and then support it with "people of reddit and some youtube reviewers said so". I did not even mention what sounds better to me. I simply said your maths of 4:1 has no evidence, and that it is your opinion. Then I gave examples of why people can use varying ratio of Amp Vs Headphone prices because they want to try something. I said Amp/Dacs being more expensive than headphones is acceptable. That is an opinion, not a fact nor am I claiming it as a fact.

Last edited:
Some will believe that expensive dac/amps give better sound since they placebo effect themselves into hearing a difference that objectively barely exists and realistically is indiscernible.
Exactly. Just ask them to do a blind test and they will find that it is rather the cost that drives the so called "preference".
PS : Damn, these HD 6xx's sound better with a hot cup of coffee or what !

I have planning to get FiiO BTR5 and wanted to know whether it can be also used as Bluetooth transmitter when connected to audio source like Phone/DAP via USB so that I can also use couple of Bluetooth headphones with it.

I have planning to get FiiO BTR5 and wanted to know whether it can be also used as Bluetooth transmitter when connected to audio source like Phone/DAP via USB so that I can also use couple of Bluetooth headphones with it.
Have the btr5(2021). I don't see that setting anywhere and don't remember fiio advertising any such feature. IIRC it can only be used as an audio sink.

Yes thanks for an update. is there any better alternate to this model or it is worth to go with this model.
Also does anyone know better cable for Blon BL03, wanted to change it since seems it is now failing.

Yes thanks for an update. is there any better alternate to this model or it is worth to go with this model.
Also does anyone know better cable for Blon BL03, wanted to change it since seems it is now failing.
I like my Qudelix 5k, using it for nearly an year now. But never listened to the btr5.

I don't know if this qualifies as audiophile but i though I'd mention it.

Oluv's got a BT speaker out by earfun that he had a hand in tuning. You can hear it in his video against others.

Contacted the conceptkart people who deal with earfun and they have no plans to get it. Which means no ETA in India.

For now cheapest i can find is amazon germany, sign in with your indian account and your address and you can import it from amazon germany.

Works out to Rs.10.5k import+ delivery

Closest competitor is the Anker Soundcore Motion plus in flipkart which goes for 8k these days. I've seen it go as low as 6.5k some weeks ago.

Back