Roxtin said:
^ goggles one would not work for me as I have glasses?

@Kauzy how about Sat/Sun evening at Fame near Big Bazaar.

No you can surely use goggles even with your specs. Me too have specs and goggles weren't a problem for me. IMAX no doubt beats it but I don't think it's that bad that it's worth going to Mumbai just for that :)

BTW, if you can DO see it in E-square screen 5. It's one of the biggest in Pune. I am going for the Sunday show :)

Saw the first show at Inox Pune today, dont remember the screen number but they had this stupid line on the screen - messed the experience for me.

As for the movie, its gorgeous and trippy :p , if Pandora was real, would have made a kickass chill out destination without the carnivores of course.

For one thing i was glad that we greedy humans lost.

already saw the movie at 6:45 pm to 9:45 pm

the movie look awesome and very good charterer playable and impress graphic :)

big thank to neoronin where he give away the ticket and i was extreme happy :)

i give 9 out of 10

one small issue the story is mixable due to lack of human vs avatar talk ;)

Watched the movie in 3D. Apart from a few scenes everything looked like 2D. I watched it in Fame Cinemas, bangalore. Maybe the theater hadn't set it up well. But the movie is good. This is the second movie i have been in after Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King that everyone stood up and clapped in the end

Well, when compared to the normal 3D screens, IMAX screens are huge, brighter and the movies are in a format called DMR which are 10 times larger than the normal feature films.
Even the IMAX screens are like 5 storey tall and 4 buses wide. And the sound is laser guided. So, its a completely immersive experience.

Watch Avatar in IMAX and see for urself. You will never watch these kind of movies in 2D again. In the entire movie, you will feel like you are there in the scene. That's the difference between the IMAX and a regular 3D. :)

swordfish123 said:
Watched the movie in 3D. Apart from a few scenes everything looked like 2D. I watched it in Fame Cinemas, bangalore.

Exactly the same experience. Saw it last night. I thought it was weird as I wear correction glasses already.

But, WOW. The movie is so colourful and everything blends so well. Definitely worth a watch for second time. The ending credits are probably longest I've seen. Couple thousands of names I think.

Its simply one movie that I would recommend as UNMISSABLE ON THEATER. Dont download it and watch it on computer or something, without the 3d experience I dont think the movie is enticing enough....

I use glasses. Took me a while to adjust, and only few scenes(lab, jungle) were feeling 3D rest was just flat normal.

But better go for 3D, that way you would not miss on anything, probably I expected too much for the extra 50 rs :p

The IMAX experience is the best I have had in theaters. The visuals deserve the extra large screen, and the sound system as well as the optional 3D element.

Was just blown away by it yesterday ! Although was disappointed by the plot and the screenplay. But the visual / audio treat more than compensates for it

Anyone tried the Inorbit Fame in Malad? Me and my friends were gearing up for it over the weekend. Really excited about it. :eek:hyeah:

Roxtin said:
Well so should I see it in 3D or normal? Can any one (who uses glasses) suggest me?

Roxtin, Avatar is in 3D at only two theaters in Pune , Inox and E-Squre (University road, Shivajinagar).
Adlabs and others are big cheats who have put the 3D info in their posters.

I have my ticket booked for Saturday in Inox , lets see how good it is. :hap2:

Just watched it in 3D (Barbican cinema London) didn't brave the cold weather to go all the way to the IMAX screens... to me too the 3D wasnt that immersive - only the indoors and closeup scenese had 3d effect, the outdoor/scenery/nature looked regular to me. Though this particular cinema screen itself was pretty standard nothing great...

The movie story/plot itself is pre-canned ready-mix maggi-2-minute-noodle recycled standard fare... so low ratings there.

But the visuals were excellent indeed. Mixed CGI/real-world looks super sweet and I am looking forward to better stuff in future movies... I just hope for a nice techno/thriller/scifi kind of plot...

Definitely worth watching in full glory in a cinema hall. Personally I think these 3D screens and the LCD shutter glasses actually reduce the picture quality for me... so I will rewatch sometime later in full 1080p non 3D :)

will this movie go ahead and beat Titanic in box office gross??

since many are opting to go for 3D and IMAX, we may see staggering first week global box office collection for this movie.

Back