mallik said:
The IMAX experience is the best I have had in theaters. The visuals deserve the extra large screen, and the sound system as well as the optional 3D element.

Was just blown away by it yesterday ! Although was disappointed by the plot and the screenplay. But the visual / audio treat more than compensates for it

was the show in the imax dome? the nausea giving dome or flat screen 3 d?

Has anyone here watched the movie at the Wadala IMAX Dome theater ??

Is the entire movie in IMAX ??

Like in Dark knight, only the helicopter, over the building and the chase were in Imax, rest in normal widescreen.

Can anyone please confirm ???

tarey_g said:
Roxtin, Avatar is in 3D at only two theaters in Pune , Inox and E-Squre (University road, Shivajinagar).
Adlabs and others are big cheats who have put the 3D info in their posters.

I have my ticket booked for Saturday in Inox , lets see how good it is. :hap2:

Hmm I hate Inox seats (too small for me :p) and ESquare is very far so prolly I'll watch it at Fame.

Saw the movie last evening in Inox, Chennai. Will go for the movie again next and again the week after. :devil2:

I saw it today in 3D at fun cinemas.
Yes the story is almost the same as "Battle for Terra".
But that was a low budget animation movie while Avatar is a complete audio visual treat.
Story is completely predictable and cliché but the special effects alone make it worth watching. It's certainly not the movie of the year though. That would be Up or Star Trek.

I wanna go in the DOME! Now now now now!!! :(

I'm surely going sometime this week. Apparently, I haven't seen a movie in IMAX dome until now.

Guys, what is the difference between the 350 and 500 rs wala ticket?

Just saw the movie and reporting.:D

Guys Dont Miss it. :hap5: This is awesome movie men worth ever penny you will be spending. The best movie of the year sure. I hadnot seen such special effect uptill now.

I will not say anything, just and report back if was wrong.

:clap::clap::clap:
NB: PLZ DONOT WATCH IT IN PC OR PIRATE CAM COPY, IT IS SIMPLY NOT WORTHY FOR THAT. WATCH IN THEATER ONLY. VISUAL EFFECT ARE THINGS THAT IS NEED TO WATCH AND FEEL.

my whole experience was ruined by watching it in newempire-esplande in 2d...the sound quality of that theater was pathetic, and the audience making noise continuously. Will watch it again on next weekend in fame 3d.

There was an article in Hindustan Times today,which described the difference between IMAX 3D experience,normal 3D and 2D experience of the movies.Going by the writeup it looks like the best way to watch the movie is in IMAX 3D,as the screen and even the 3D goggles for IMAX experience are different !!With IMAX 3D you become a part of the movie /scenes while in normal 3D the events unfold in front of you and you are more of like a spectator. -) as per the article)

Damn !! I wanna watch it in IMAX Dome wadala now but I am so broke after watching two movies in last week :((Paa and Twlight:New moon :p )

Damn it just give a watch! I'll be coming down to Mumbai one of the weekends to watch it. :p

Btw how do I get to Wadala from Bandra? :ashamed:

Back