Bad Company II : Initial Impressions

spindoctor said:
i use steam voice com with friends. better than in game voice chat, especially if there is someone else in your squad. plus you get to talk in hindi and excercise it's rich vocabulary ;)

i'm rank 14 right now. not sticking to one class though... i play all classes, depending on mood or the squads requirement.

How many hrs to rank 14 ?? Getting my copy soon hope it is an LE with some unlocks at least b4 u guys go too far up the rank ladder !!!

@Swordfish - Wherever they sell games.

Mostly all new PC games sell for 700/- (concluded based on the experience I had this Friday), so I assume this wont be too different. I almost bought Alien vs Predator this weekend for 700 but instead bought CnC3 Tiberium Wars for 800/- :p Talk about pricing :|

chhangte said:
How many hrs to rank 14 ??

there's almost no way to answer this question accurately. the in game timer shows ~18 hours played for me. however, there are quite a few factors which affect your leveling speed. firstly, i think i've lost ~75% of all the matches i've played. that really sucks because you get very few points in a game when your team is being dominated by the opposition. secondly, i've spent time playing all the classes... if you stick to one class, you will unlock the specializations faster which obviously gives you an advantage, plus you get a lot of bonus xp for 'achievements' like getting 50,100,200 kills with a weapon etc. since i keep switching classes, i never go far with a particular class/weapon.

i'd say, if you are winning games and sticking with 1 class... maybe [strike]10-12[/strike] 15 hours. if not, it could be more.

Finished playing Single player. Now waiting for my copy to be shipped to get on with the multiplayer.

The campaign is pretty decent. The graphics is better than MW2. The story is nothing great. Gameplay is almost similar to MW2.

But apart from 3-4 missions all the others had lots of dust or sand or snow cover which made it hard to actually enjoy the graphics. The gameplay also gets quite jittery during vehicle rides and cutscenes. Don't know if i am the only one facing this issue.

I found the AI to be quite bad too. You see couple of bad guys ans shoot one. The second guy doesn't react at all.

Weapon sounds are amazing. Miles ahead of MW2. All in all a decent game.

baccilus said:
If I can play Crysis and GTA4 on my system, will this game run too? It's a multiplayer so I will need much better performance.

I would also like to know if I will have to keep the DVD in the drive to play this game. I will be getting it from nextworld.in since they have easier payment options.

Wow . .the game was awesome FUN !

But I got kicked out after two straight 1 Hr sessions ! :(

EA servers are going crzy ! They didnt expect these many players ! Crashing every 6 Hrs or so :mad:

My ID : SPAIOTA

Most probably will have to buy the game just let me get the Ahem version to see how it runs on my HD 4650. How is the performance with the latest patch on modest configurations.

I have an AMD X240 + 2GB DDR2 800+ HD4650...Can I expect HIGH + 1152*864 ?

Can someone help me with this question ? :p

Incase if I am playing a MP session and i decide to opt out of the round or get disconnected, will my stats still get updated for that time played in that round unlike BF2?

PS : Is it just me who is getting pwned or it really tough to maintain a 1:1 k/d ratio ? :ashamed:

Totally outstanding,I am a call of duty fan, but BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 washes the activision series.

m running at full graphics @ 1440 x 900 on HD4770@OCed to max, getting average fps of 50.

@ 1920 x 1080 on Medium Settings. Running Smooth on HD4850 and E7200 with 4 Gigs RAM.

Havnt tried HIGH settings. Don't want to.

Best multiplayer game after TF2 and L4D2 and thats saying a LOT !!!

But connectivity issues frustrating me ! Need to be fixed !

Arun.P said:
here more screenshot and awesome mind blowing :)

25g74b7.jpg

You just turned me. Will try to get this...! Thanks.

Though is the SP mode as good as COD:MW2.

Thailand and singapore servers FTW getting pings in 60s , had trouble with some crash to desktop first , cleaned install of beta bp etc and it works fine now havent had time to play yet .. 2 rush games awesome !

|Anish| said:
Can someone help me with this question ? :p

Incase if I am playing a MP session and i decide to opt out of the round or get disconnected, will my stats still get updated for that time played in that round unlike BF2?

PS : Is it just me who is getting pwned or it really tough to maintain a 1:1 k/d ratio ? :ashamed:

if you disconnect from mp somehow, your stats should get updated. sometimes, it shows you as back at being rank 1 but logging out and back in will fix that. i have lost stats once though, but compared to the number of times i have been disconnected from the game, it's very rare.

1:1 isn't that hard if you play to get a good K/D ratio. instead of assaulting/defending objectives, you can simply try and get as many kills as possible but you wouldn't be very useful to your team, so there's no real point. i have an average K/D ratio of 1.1:1 but i don't really care because i spend time playing both assault and support classes. if you play assault only, it will be higher.

Back