Batman: Arkham City - Discussion Thread

Harley Quinn is voiced by Tara Strong, the same lady who voiced Bubbles of The Powerpuff Girls, Durga from Asura's Wrath, Rachel in NGS/NGS 2 and as Juliet Starling in the upcoming title Lollipop Chainsaw.

However, it was Arleen Sorkin who voiced Quinn in Arkham City. :p

Just completed the DLC and I enjoyed it far more than Catwoman's DLC. This was more of an epilogue to Arkham City. Took me close to 2 1/2 hours to complete it. I must admit Strong did a pretty good job of voicing Quinn in this game. To be honest, I couldn't distinguish her voice from Arleen. Looks like Rocksteady wanted to take a final shot at extending the game's stroyline and giving Boy Wonder, the opportunity to finally be a part of the main storyline. :p

Pretty entertaining and well dished out DLC. :)

Guys, need help. I just bought arkham city - installed the game and I cant seem to play as batman. Donno what I am missing. All the tabs have catwoman...cant see batman. The main story starts with catwoman entering a room when the thugs expect batman and she says "Sorry to disappoint you". WTF is wrong. Havnt been gaming for a long time. This is embarrassing :unsure:

That's perfectly normal. You start off as Catwoman, since her missions are a part of the DLC and incidentally, her mission is the game's start, follow by Bruce Wayne's prologue. So don't worry, you'll be switching back to Batman's role once you're done with that mission.

Guys, need help. I just bought arkham city - installed the game and I cant seem to play as batman. Donno what I am missing. All the tabs have catwoman...cant see batman. The main story starts with catwoman entering a room when the thugs expect batman and she says "Sorry to disappoint you". WTF is wrong. Havnt been gaming for a long time. This is embarrassing :unsure:
LOL Thats how the game begins mate! NO biggie you'll get a hang on it soon ;)

Hahaha..this made my day!

OK I've sourced Arkham City for the PC and the Harley Quinn DLC. Fortunately, the Catwoman DLC was bundled along with the default version but I swear I almost lost it getting GFWL to work on the Windows 8 Consumer Preview version. :annoyed:

Until yesterday, there were no previous versions of .NET framework installed and none of the games I played asked for it. And then I installed Arkham City and it asked for the .NET F/W installation. Luckily, the bundle had everything so I tried installing it but no go. Despite being a standalone installer, Windows gave me an error asking me to connect to the web and download. I was like WTF?! The installer has everything and yet it asks for a net connection. And then upon Google'ing and thanks to XDA forums, I found out that the Consumer Preview version comes with .NET F/W in the installation disk (i.e. the pen drive or DVD) and we need to input a certain command in the cmd to install it. Agreed and did that, .NET F/W installed just fine.

If anyone's curious, this is the command:

Code:
dism.exe /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFX3 /Source:G:\sources\sxs /LimitAccess

G:\ is the pen drive which has the Windows 8 installation.

Then I clicked on the icon, it throws me an error but that was related to some Dx error. Installed the Dx runtime given in the bundle and that error was gone. In the meantime, I was wondering why none of the other titles gave me this error. Ghost Recon was a recent one and yet it did not ask for a Dx update!

Next, I click on the icon and it says xlive.dll is missing. I figured out GFWL wasn't installed. I installed whatever version was bundled along with the game and then the game wouldn't give me an option to make an offline account. After several installations, reinstallations, CCleaner registry cleaning, so forth and so on, finally somehow managed to get it working. Spent almost an hour for this junk i.e. GFWL. I really REALLY hope the final versions of Windows 8 have a proper implementation of GFWL else gamers are going to have a really hard time. :(

Will begin the Catwoman DLC today! :p

Why are you on consumer preview anyway?

Tell me about it! :(

I used to be on Win 7 until the last month or so when there were a series of BSODs occurring frequently. So much so that I was unable to even get to the desktop to get that memory dump file out. Then, we chose to do some fresh installation of the OS but I just couldn't format my pen drives (a whole 3~4 of them) to copy the Win 7 OS on it. I mean I was able to copy the OS alright but from the BIOS, it went undetected.

Then, my roomie who was on Win 8 CP since a long time suggested me to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised at the new OS! I mean most of the things worked OOTB. My sound card needed drivers and there was a custom driver floating in the web. Installed it and the rest worked just fine. :)

Completed Harley Quinn's DLC and loved it. Short and sweet! :D

It was a welcome change to play as Robin and I believe he was a notch faster/agile than Batman (probably because of the cape?). It took me a while to get used to the movements and gadgetry initially but it was a smooth ride thereafter. After defeating Quinn, I thought OK now the game's over, I just need to rescue Batman from his capture. And then BAM! At least 20 thugs with that heavy guy - took me a couple of tries to defeat them. Robin rescues Batman and I thought OK at least now the game's over. Nope, I am supposed to disable 3 bombs scattered in the building. :annoyed:

Finally the DLC got over with the bombs being disabled. Tara Strong did a fantastic job as Quinn's voice over and almost indistinguishable over Sorkin's VO in Arkham City. I so hate it when she taunts us at the game-over sequence!

And turns out I cannot play Catwoman's DLC when I load a new game - what a bummer! The DLC is integrated as a part of the normal playthrough. I did however get to play her in the opening sequence of the game and loved her moves! I really wish i could play those parts. Looks like the Catwoman meets the Poison Ivy in the somewhere in the middle of the DLC. :(

And turns out I cannot play Catwoman's DLC when I load a new game - what a bummer! The DLC is integrated as a part of the normal playthrough. I did however get to play her in the opening sequence of the game and loved her moves! I really wish i could play those parts. Looks like the Catwoman meets the Poison Ivy in the somewhere in the middle of the DLC. :(
Bummer! Catwomen DLC goes along in between the game(i hope that was it) and yes the Poison Ivy part was also nice. have you searched any tweaks and stuff to enable it?
BTW i haven't played Robin's DLC where is it? I got to play as robin just in HQR DLC. :(

I did try using a save file with an alternate Xlive ID but to no go. The game exits to desktop when I start a new game or resume from the previous check point. I really wish there was some workaround. :(

If I had the patience to give the game a second playthrough, I wouldn't mind but I don't have that much time now.

I got to play as robin just in HQR DLC. :(

Errrm that's the same part I could get him to play. :p

Okay. Then i guess i did not missed much. Anyways have you completed any other side missions. Unknown persons and stuff i guess. I haven't played the side missions, had a huge backlog at that time. I'll be playing it after i complete ME3 if those extra's are worth it?

After having watched TDKR yesterday, I so feel like giving the game a second playthrough now! :(

Honestly, I did not enjoy my first one since I played it after attempting Uncharted 3 and felt it to be okay. Not to mention I couldn't play the Catwoman's sequences. OTOH I loved Arkham Asylum when it was out.

Aarrgghh decisions decisions! :mad:

After having watched TDKR yesterday, I so feel like giving the game a second playthrough now! :(

Honestly, I did not enjoy my first one since I played it after attempting Uncharted 3 and felt it to be okay. Not to mention I couldn't play the Catwoman's sequences. OTOH I loved Arkham Asylum when it was out.

Aarrgghh decisions decisions! :mad:
Give it another shot then? Though make sure catwomen DLC works this time. Try patching and stuff beforehand. :)

Btw, if i look for the riddler trophies after completing the sp mode campaign.. i ll still be running into the joker's henchmen.. right ?
There wont be any fun in looking to the trophies alone..

Back