Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

jc36lect3r said:
I miss the sniping of Bad Company 2. The ridiculous bullet drop spoils the fun in BF3. Any good sniping tips?

haha sniping in BC2 was so funny, base to base even moving targets were easy after some practice. in BF3 its soo hard. but the challenge is worth it :eek:hyeah:

being prone and using a bipod gives the best accuracy and least scope sway for long range, for medium range bipod can be replaced with straight pull bolt. dont ever use a flash suppressor or silencer you will never hit anything :p

all bolt action sniper rifles in BF3 do almost the same damage but the biggest advantage of M98 is that it has the fastest bullet speed so the drop is less over range. btw dice devs are contemplating on making all bolt action rifle shots above chest level as one hit kill, probably in the next patch :eek:hyeah:

_

chiragsthakur said:
Why is bullet drop ridiculous?? Isn't it the same thats in real life??

In real life the sniper has to deal with bullet drop, wind shear, Coriolis effect, rotation of the earth, bullet characteristics, temperature blah blah blah. Maybe DICE should incorporate these in the next patch :) But what I meant to say is, bullet drop isn't ridiculous, but the amount of drop is huge over long distances, making it difficult to score headshots far away. Noob recon whining :)

either there's some serious problem with the indian servers or Internet connectivity accross india or my BSNL chennai.

So many times the pings just fluctuates from 50-60 to 250ms for the indian server only and gets to normal after about .5-1 hour. Lot of disconnects these days. Cant play properly any game.

devesh38 said:
either there's some serious problem with the indian servers or Internet connectivity accross india or my BSNL chennai.

So many times the pings just fluctuates from 50-60 to 250ms for the indian server only and gets to normal after about .5-1 hour. Lot of disconnects these days. Cant play properly any game.

you are not alone my friend :p for the past 2~3 days I was not able to get a continuous session of gaming, server/game will crash or lag like hell add to it the frequent power cuts in chennai due to rains :(

_

Whats up guys...Happy new year to everyone around..

Was trying out so new guns yesterday, specially the shotguns and stuff. I found the USAS to be good only in enclosed spaces...on open ground, your going to get massacred...and that's what happened:

Battle Report - Battlelog / Battlefield 3

Ended up on 2-11...not a very good score, but then trying new weapons really takes some time to get used to, not to mention the new playing style that you need to run with. Running with an AEK is very different than running with a PDW or a Shotgun...but I finally ended up at this:

Wish I had some support in terms of ammo....run out of ammo quite quickly everytime and then had to wait around for someone to help, and got none, absolutely none.

mav2000 said:
Whats up guys...Happy new year to everyone around..

Was trying out so new guns yesterday, specially the shotguns and stuff. I found the USAS to be good only in enclosed spaces...on open ground, your going to get massacred...and that's what happened:

Ended up on 2-11...not a very good score, but then trying new weapons really takes some time to get used to, not to mention the new playing style that you need to run with. Running with an AEK is very different than running with a PDW or a Shotgun...but I finally ended up at this:

Happy New Year..

Wish I had some support in terms of ammo....run out of ammo quite quickly everytime and then had to wait around for someone to help, and got none, absolutely none.

In the same game i was also using the USAS12 and scored 30 kills. :)

I am also playing with this shotgun which unlocked recently and it changed the whole game. Now I never sit in one place, i just keep running. Only one thing that it gets depleted very soon, so make sure u are in support as u can replenish ammo when finished. This gun is best in Noshahr canals, Operation Firestorm, tehran highway and kharg island maps for TDM.

One more thing, Be ready to get killed a lot too. As u can't survive long running out in the open. Only thing is that u should be able to kill 2 before u get killed. Then only this gun is worth.

Today I sniped a helicopter pilot with the SV98 :)ohyeah:), two seconds after which the helicopter crashed, and five seconds after which the game crashed. :(

...I think my airtel has some issues, I was not able to play at all yesterday kept disconnecting etc...Dunno but will try again today....And its not the Indian servers issue for me as I rarely ever play there, I gave up on them long ago.

Those Thai servers (about 66ms)with 1000 tickets in conquest mode in Operation metro are truly epic....

I have only been playing on 1000 ticket servers, Metro, and others are there as well, much better and a longer game IMO.

I dont get to play those long games as someone or the other keeps disturbing me...prefer DM anyway, so try and get the 200-250 ticket ones. I love the 500 ticket ones as you can really get into the swing of things then.

chiragsthakur said:
Those Thai servers (about 66ms)with 1000 tickets in conquest mode in Operation metro are truly epic....

Never get good pings for outside india servers in BSNL since one year. Used to get 150ms for fragnetic server during Bad Company 2 days.

These days sometimes i get 200ms ping to UK servers while always 300+ ms for Singapore servers.:S
By the way closing in on 5000 kills.:2guns::gunsmile:

Back