Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Has anyone unlocked the MTAR-21, its one of my last hopes for a good Engineer gun, till now I am finding every engineer gun lacking in some or other aspect(esp the RoF) in comparison with assault rifles

I've been stuck at Going Hunt level for quite some time. Just can't destroy that last survivor in the airport. I played the level over and over again. is there a patch for this bug ? :(

Has anyone unlocked the MTAR-21, its one of my last hopes for a good Engineer gun, till now I am finding every engineer gun lacking in some or other aspect(esp the RoF) in comparison with assault rifles
MTAR is a good gun but don't expect a carbine to be on par with assault rifles on all ranges.

_

Ya Assualt Rifles are really powerful, now I am settling on A-91, its good in some(RoF, damage) aspects but again it lacks range
if you are just rolling around in tanks or other vehicles then A-91 is perfect. just dont engage enemy in medium and long range, avoid or run and hide :p
ACW-R, MTAR, SCAR-H, (even M4A1 and AKS with heavy barrel) are good till medium range. presently SG553 is useless, all other carbines have their pros and cons.

_

I've been stuck at Going Hunt level for quite some time. Just can't destroy that last survivor in the airport. I played the level over and over again. is there a patch for this bug ? :(

Are you referring to the Jets that come out of Bunker that we have to destroy?
If yes, the last one is little difficult to destroy as its taking off
On other note I am guessing you know that you have to keep the cross-hair on the Jet so that the JDAM missiles can be directed to hit it
Other than that there's no bug in the level

Nope. The problem is after, when I destroyed the chopper and had to kill the moving survivors.

Are you referring to the Jets that come out of Bunker that we have to destroy?
If yes, the last one is little difficult to destroy as its taking off
On other note I am guessing you know that you have to keep the cross-hair on the Jet so that the JDAM missiles can be directed to hit it
Other than that there's no bug in the level

Nope. The problem is after, when I destroyed the chopper and had to kill the moving survivors.
When you destroy the chopper, you have to kill the targets by lasing them and the A-10 Thunderbolts take them out, after I read your first post I played the the "Going Hunting" level and few others as had not played SP from long, I completed the level without any problem

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

if you are just rolling around in tanks or other vehicles then A-91 is perfect. just dont engage enemy in medium and long range, avoid or run and hide :p
ACW-R, MTAR, SCAR-H, (even M4A1 and AKS with heavy barrel) are good till medium range. presently SG553 is useless, all other carbines have their pros and cons.

_

I had hoped ACW-R would be somewhat good at medium to long range but it disappointed, I am now avoiding engaging at long range

I had hoped ACW-R would be somewhat good at medium to long range but it disappointed, I am now avoiding engaging at long range
I'm currently running ACW-R with the RDS it's very good for medium range, accuracy is good with almost no recoil but you have to lead a bit for moving targets I guess bullet travel is slower, in close quarters it's poor. while the MTAR rocks even at close quarters.

_

Wow, played BF3 after like 2 months. I found myself struggling with controls so badly. After couple of hours, I got my skills (still noob though) back :D It feels so good to be in battle. :D

what would be best gun for long to mid distance shooting? not from support range?

i end up emptying my magazine n die :( n person is still not dead

Usually assault rifles are good at long range, the AEK-971 with heavy barrel is really effective at long range, two-three burst and the guy is dead, I have really not tried other assault gun at long range, but the M1643/A4, AK-74M would be same
Here special mention goes to AN-94, this one guns works really well at long ranges, I cant comment because I have not used it, but seen many good players using it

Back