Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Good news for 6850 owners : I played the beta today on ultra settings (nothing touched in sub settings), VYSNC on/off (tried both) at 1600x900(720p) on my 6850 @850mhz and the game was running absolutely smooth without any hint of lag... I tried spray firing during bombing scenes, and still frame rates stayed between 45 to 55.. I hope the final release would run smooth on a 6850... Cant comment about 1080p though, may be some settings will have to be lowered...

The graphics and sound are mind blowing... Feeling proud to have pre ordered it ;)

My origin ID : chirag231187

Battlefield 3 Battlelog Trailer Introduces the Online Service

================================================== ============================================

Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Already Being Fixed Thanks to the Beta Stage

Source : Battlefield 3 Multiplayer Already Being Fixed Thanks to the Beta Stage - Softpedia

DICE and Electronic Arts, the developer and publisher, of the upcoming Battlefield 3 first person shooter, have confirmed a variety of fixes that will be implemented to the final game, following the recently deployed open beta stage.

Battlefield 3 is awaited by a variety of shooter fans, and many have already tried out the open beta stage for the game's multiplayer, which started last week and lasts until October 10.

DICE, the studio behind the title, has now confirmed that a variety of feedback has been gathered from fans and the developers are already addressing these complaints and making sure that the final game, which is out later this month, will work smoothly and without any sort of problems.

For a full list of improvements made to the final version of Battlefield 3, check out the list below.

* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target's visibility.Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
*Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".

We've already published our own quick look at the Battlefield 3 multiplayer beta and came out quite impressed, especially with the visual detail and the sharp animations.

Battlefield 3 is out on October 25, in North America, and October 28, in Europe, for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360.

The game doesn't seem to be CPU demanding going by the BETA performance numbers. So there isn't a huge performance difference between dual core or quad core processors. :p

167714e8ae3fb41c13.png

167714e8ae3f8bb5a1.png

More here - Battlefield 3 Beta Performance Test - TechSpot Reviews

I hope the numbers improve when the final version is out. :D

especially for our HD6950 :p I thought after buying HD6950 i would be able to play games for next 2 years @FullHD resolution :( but this game also brings GTX580 to its knees

Hades. said:
I thought after buying HD6950 i would be able to play games for next 2 years @FullHD resolution :(

Now that is a far fetched dream I say. :p

But nonetheless, our card should be able to pull a good show. Let us wait for it.

What's the frustration for? Just join any server with sub 300 ms pings, there's little difference. I haven't seen any lag till now.

DigitalDude said:
how many of you are even able to play for the past 2 days... I'm frustrated waiting for asia servers :(
_

Yep.ping is the main problem why i uninstalled it after playing for sometime.Moreover whats the point when none of your points will be carried forward even if you reach the max limit.

Knife kills are the most attractive part here.As mentioned earlier the animation is quite good.

This time i am thinking of going for the mw3 first.I like the "free for all mode" in MW series.Unfortunately BF series dosent have this mode.:D

Playing again for the past few hours after my last run 2 days ago. It's starting to get really fun. :D

I'm still a noob getting pwned most of the times though. :p

@Bluffy - I'm playing BF3 on my 5770 at 1440x900 at ultra high settings and vsync off. Getting 25-40 FPS. :p Gameplay is very smooth.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Btw, I'm using the latest 11.10 preview driver released for BF3 Beta.

Back