Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

This is the latest update from DICE regarding the issues in Beta.

Battlefield Blog

And i really like this one.

DICE said:
10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.

You know even after all this I'm hopeful that the final product will be kickass and one of the best shooting experiences ever. But I'll wait till the launch date no pre-ordering.

@All: Try Fragnetics servers, they are almost always full but in the off chance that a new one is started, jump straight in. :p

@viralbaug: Did the same thing except I was testing out the functionality of my X-Box 360 controller. You could say I pulled a Just Cause. :p

Thumbs up Yes! Didnt impress me as much as Bc2 did when it came out! Because of Operation Metro(cuz it was just meh)..

But after playing Caspian border for 2hours :hap2: But with all the lag in servers..Its very hard to play!

Good to hear :

"10. Why is the hit detection seemingly different from Battlefield: Bad Company 2?

The netcode is one of the many things that we are testing as part of the Open Beta and is not necessarily reflective of the final retail game. The DICE team appreciates and has heard the feedback you’ve provided and is further optimizing online play.
"

Its a buggy buggy beta, i wanna choke the guy who decided to let us have a month old code to play with but then again this is a beta.

As far as the game goes the graphics, the sound, the animation [when im not swimming under the map] are all top notch. Infact its way better than Crysis 2. For a long time to come BF3 would be the Artistic, Technical benchmark that Crysis 1 once was.

Caspian border servers werent lagging yesterday

591484e9105235dc22.jpg

591484e91059f8b328.jpg

591484e9105b5114cc.jpg

6850 oced to 850mhz at ultra with 2x aa... 35 to 43 FPS in caspian border with review driver.... reso 1600x900

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I dont think its GTX460 problem... May be due to glitches and server lag.. Even due to bad ping, frames rates go down.. so wait till single player campaign releases, then you can blame your gtx460, but it was my dream card once, so i dont think it is a problem..should work fine

DigitalDude said:
my GTX460 is struggling to maintain 30fps @ high settings in caspian border :(

_

Tomorrow is the last of the beta guys.

Battlelog / Sign in to the Open Beta

DICE said:
Thanks to everyone that participated in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta, especially those that contributed their feedback and ideas. Your input has helped to make the final release of Battlefield 3 all the better.

Like all good things, though, so too must the Beta come to an end. We've got to get the servers down, make updates and tweaks based upon all the feedback you've given us, and get everything ready for the big day of release.

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta will close on 12:00 PM Noon 10/10/11 CET

(Current CET time and date: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=239 [timeanddate.com] )

Thanks again to everyone who participated - we'll see you on the Battlefield.

On a personal note - here's to those of you that tried to Stab&Grab our tags ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6cMQ6kBm0k [youtube.com]

So make hay while the bullets still fly.

Back