Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

my First impression:

After installing the game i started up the SP campaign when the first scene came on,it took me a while to realise that the game has transitioned from the FMV to ingame :p

but it was laggy as hell i have a 8800gt so there's that.so since the performance was soo poor in the sp i stopped playing it and started the MP

MP is where all the fun begins. I got significantly better frame rates in MP than the SP i have set everything to LOW except for AF which is At 16X and Vsycn on,effects kept at mediumsand the game looks bloody gorgeous for such a low setting the MP is so much fun the audio is brilliant.

i cant comment much on the gameplay cause i still havent understood the mechanics behind the MP modes :p

anyhow back to some BF3 MP goodness

Aman27deep said:
Lol singu u always make me laugh :p I nearly failed all day as i am playing at 350 ms ping. Wait for indian servers :p

You're a good sport man. Kudos. :)

BTW I don't know how you play with 350 at all. :S

I find any server above 150 unplayable personally.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

baccilus said:
They should have put some Chopper training in the SP of the game. I could never fly choppers in BC2 either.

I learned to fly in BC2 by joining an empty server and flying around. For some unknown reason, Dice doesn't even allow this in BF3. You have to "learn" in a live server which is really annoying both for yourself as well as your team who certainly wont appreciate a newby pilot destroying their aircraft, not to mention accidentally killing any passengers. This is the one and ONLY reason why I have not started flying yet. I dont want my own team mates cursing me.

When the Indian servers go live, I will definitely start flying 'cos I know my fellow Indians will be more accommodating and hopefully stay away from any aircraft I may be piloting. :p

chiragsthakur said:
Someone has said above, that I could have committed suicide... How do I do it in water??

Not sure but I think you can by swimming to an OOB area. In other words, instead of swimming towards land, swim further out towards sea. This will possibly do the trick....

From Gamespy -

DICE has confirmed Back to Karkand will be heading our way in December. The expansion will include four classic Battlefield maps: Strike at Karkand, Wake Island, Gulf of Oman and Sharqi Peninsula, all of which have been remastered with "enhanced levels of destruction".

The DLC will also feature three new vehicles (DPV, BTR-90, F-35B STOVL jet fighter), as well as 10 "iconic" Battlefield weapons.

Screenshots of the forthcoming maps here -

GameSpy: BF3: Back To Karkand Incoming December, Screens Released - Page 1

Indian server is up and running guys. Join in !!!

Battlelog / Sign in

mastersquall said:
why didn't you add me till now . scared i will knife you :p *run away*

Dude, add me na, i'll definitely accept!!

Battlelog / Sign in

comp@ddict said:

oh yesh!

chiragsthakur said:
:rofl: Must be Reyez then.

Are you sure? Cause i don't remember that.

Rickyk said:
You're a good sport man. Kudos. :)

BTW I don't know how you play with 350 at all. :S

I find any server above 150 unplayable personally.

Lol if you have bsnl, you'll get used to it, and thanks btw <3

jojothedragon said:
Does the Mp irrecoverably freezes with "brrrrrr" sound continuously looping from the speakers?
Welcome to the club.

BF3 Rant Club Members:
1)JojoTheDragon
2)psyph3r
3)viralbug

Guys, this is a common issue. Same happened to me in BC2. This is mainly caused by the onboard sound, Realtek being the culprit in most of the cases. I got a Creative Soundblaster 5.1 VX for thousand bucks, no more crashes, and the sound quality has increased manifold. The sound design in BF3 is even better, loving my THX speakers on War Tapes settings.

My NIS says unauthorized access blocked.. Question is, why does origin require info about everything in our PC?

591484ead130c7b230.jpg

jojothedragon said:
Indian server just kicked all players. :(

Teething problems guys, we need to give the admin more time.

I recall the BC2 servers had the exact same issues when they started. BF3 is far more complicated and resource heavy in comparison....

Rickyk said:
Teething problems guys, we need to give the admin more time.

I recall the BC2 servers had the exact same issues when they started. BF3 is far more complicated and resource heavy in comparison....

yeah btw I will tolerate any problem cos the game is so much fun... ahh the satisfaction of bringing down the jet with SAMs :eek:hyeah:
_

Any tips on where to learn how to fly?

I got in to a copter a couple of times, barely got it up and crashed it. :ashamed:

Damn, learning maps is gonna take a while. Currently I'm running around anywhere. :p

viralbug said:
Any tips on where to learn how to fly?

I got in to a copter a couple of times, barely got it up and crashed it. :ashamed:

Damn, learning maps is gonna take a while. Currently I'm running around anywhere. :p

Increase your mouse sensitivity significantly before you fly, I adjust mine on the fly on my mx518 :D

Pitch the nose down and pull back for speed, keep doing that until you get the hang of it.

Back