Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

^ Thanks, let me try and see how it goes. Just shifted from an MX518 to a Deathadder a couple of days ago. Will take a little while getting used to this mouse. :p
chiragsthakur said:
Someone has said above, that I could have committed suicide... How do I do it in water?? :eek:hyeah:
Just saw this, when you go into the menu, there's an option for suicide. :p

^Nope. Not into MP gaming (will consume most of the time!). Passed the copy to my friend who rightfully owns most of it. I think he's playing on some Sgp servers. Not sure. Will ask him and post back later. :p

Done with Single Player campaign, Impressions coming soon. :eek:hyeah:

Ordered the game through Flipkart, should reach me in the next couple of days. I did not pre-order it because I was skeptical of its performance on my old HD 5770 but as it turns out, it performs exceptionally well on 1650x1080 resolution with everything high and boy does it look good! This truly is the next generation of graphics.

Anyways, this would be my first multiplayer game after counter strike which was eons ago. So, obviously I am a complete noob when it comes to multiplayer. I am counting on you guys to guide me through the whole process. Also, I am not sure how good I'll be in the game because I have been playing the single player with a 360 controller. :ashamed:

viralbug said:
^ Thanks, let me try and see how it goes. Just shifted from an MX518 to a Deathadder a couple of days ago. Will take a little while getting used to this mouse
It feels very large at first. But keep using it and you will really love iylt. :D

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

MX518 is a legendary mouse Viralbug :p

Bluffmaster said:
Anyways, this would be my first multiplayer game after counter strike which was eons ago. So, obviously I am a complete noob when it comes to multiplayer.

Here to help ya :D

Those interested in getting the best performance for their GPU take a look at Tomshardware Hardware analysis...

The best setting to kill out is the AA Deffered. It has the max impact on the performance of all the settings, I am keeping it Off and getting constant 60 FPS with vSync, without OCing the GPU.

Enabling anti-aliasing can either have a negligible or significant impact, depending on setting you manipulate.

Cranking the Anti-Aliasing Post (FXAA) filter all the way up to High does very little to performance, though it also affects image quality in a different way than MSAA. Because the penalty it exacts is so minor, though, keep Anti-Aliasing Post turned on all of the time.

Be more conservative with the Anti-Aliasing Deferred option, turning it on and up only when you have the performance headroom to spare

Full Article:

Battlefield 3 Performance: 30+ Graphics Cards, Benchmarked : Battlefield 3 Reinvigorates PC Gaming

Finished the SP. Uninspired, underwhelming and derivative. Cannot hold a candle to the level of SP we have come to expect from COD series. Except the Going Hunting mission everything was forgettable.

The MP on the other hand is another story. Frostbite 2 rocks, although launching from browser makes no sense at all and I am getting tired of unlocking the Red Dot sight for all the guns individually. Overall has its pros and cons, but I would say an improvement over BC2.

jc36lect3r said:
Finished the SP. Uninspired, underwhelming and derivative. Cannot hold a candle to the level of SP we have come to expect from COD series. Except the Going Hunting mission everything was forgettable.

The MP on the other hand is another story. Frostbite 2 rocks, although launching from browser makes no sense at all and I am getting tired of unlocking the Red Dot sight for all the guns individually. Overall has its pros and cons, but I would say an improvement over BC2.

Lol thats why i am still waiting for mw3 to release which ever gets a balanced review might opt for that.:D

How to use the unlocked weapons?? Basic question :ashamed:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Itna bhi bura nahi hai yaar... :) ;)
jc36lect3r said:

Installed the game yesterday. MP running butter smooth. Will play SP in the weekend. There's some lag in the Indian server. Getting 60-70ms ping for the same server in BSNL in chennai.

Getting pawned in MP. Still holding on. Looks like the sniper is the best in the starting. K/D ratio is still 0.5. Hope it increases soon. Getting lot of kill assists though. Damn hate to see the kill assist points betweem 80-90(had almost got the bugger):mad:.

chiragsthakur said:
How to use the unlocked weapons?? Basic question :ashamed:

Before respawning in the kit selection screen you should be able to see a customize button for each kit. That will take you to the customize screen where there are all the options for guns, accessories, gadgets etc.

This game is making me jump through hoops to load for the first time. Now I am trying to launch it through the browser but it keeps telling me I need to install the game first but the game is already installed.

Check your processes... Sometimes it shows that games not installed, but it launches in the background( the browser).. Which browser are you using?
baccilus said:
This game is making me jump through hoops to load for the first time. Now I am trying to launch it through the browser but it keeps telling me I need to install the game first but the game is already installed.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I love to blow tanks... Get a shot from close range, run hard to the opposite side of a building or rock or any covering material and take a shot again.... :) That Metro map is a mess in conquest... RPG's RPG's RPG's..... Neither we are able to go down the stairs, nor are the enemies able to come up....But its fun....
devesh38 said:
Installed the game yesterday. MP running butter smooth. Will play SP in the weekend. There's some lag in the Indian server. Getting 60-70ms ping for the same server in BSNL in chennai.

Getting pawned in MP. Still holding on. Looks like the sniper is the best in the starting. K/D ratio is still 0.5. Hope it increases soon. Getting lot of kill assists though. Damn hate to see the kill assist points betweem 80-90(had almost got the bugger):mad:.

baccilus said:

Make sure you have updated battlelog and the game. Clean the browser cache. Also, which browser are you using ?

Back