Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

I am never bothered about my score :) I find lot of joy when I kill even one enemy... I am loving battlefield, score doesnt matter much, but would try to increase my accuracy and some good unlocks too... I am yet to use a flashlight or laser :(. I picked up one by killing a player, and at the same instance I was knifed :mad:
Infected said:
.......and if I may add, guys please don't go after KD ration but if anything go after points per minute or something, thats Battlefield!!!

^^ Mav: Gamers.Sg Fragnetics, MBT, and the Indian ones...

Indian ones need some issues to be sorted out though.

I get like 80ms-150ms to them most of the time...

Whats your Origin iD sir ?

I usually play on Asian servers with less than 140ms ping. Most of the times I directly join servers in which Dhruv, jc36lect3e, Aman, Infected or viralbug are playing

mav2000 said:
Which server are you guys playing on?

Question : Are those Indian servers with less than 70ms ping?? Most of them are always full

Infected said:
^^ Mav: Gamers.Sg Fragnetics, MBT, and the Indian ones...

Indian ones need some issues to be sorted out though.

I get like 80ms-150ms to them most of the time...

Whats your Origin iD sir ?
mehtaashish..I just cant find any indian servers...keep in mind this is the first time I am playing anything multiplayer and it just keeps crashing on me. Whats ure user id then I will search on your server list

chiragsthakur said:
I usually play on Asian servers with less than 120ms ping. Most of the times I directly join servers in which Dhruv, jc36lect3e, Aman, Infected or viralbug are playing

Question : Are those Indian servers with less than 70ms ping?? Most of them are always full

Let me try...issue is when I see the server list, very few show ping and all of them are above 200..

Anyway always crashes saying some direct x 2d issue wyou need a GPU with more than 512 MB of ram...and here I am running 2 GB of ram on a 6970...

Did you try the new drivers released by AMD yesterday??

Did you download and install the 400mb+ update??

Did you update pnkbuster??

Did you install the battlelog plugin??

And regarding the pings not shown, then its an issue with everyone out here. But I never see pings above 150ms

My origin id : chirag231187

mav2000 said:
mehtaashish..I just cant find any indian servers...keep in mind this is the first time I am playing anything multiplayer and it just keeps crashing on me. Whats ure user id then I will search on your server list

Let me try...issue is when I see the server list, very few show ping and all of them are above 200..

Anyway always crashes saying some direct x 2d issue wyou need a GPU with more than 512 MB of ram...and here I am running 2 GB of ram on a 6970...

I updated everything that was required whne I set it up....where can I find punkbuster?

Nope, still not working...now windows closed the program, will notify you of updates...damn this shit..

@Mav: M lost when are you experiencing the issue? Only in MP or SP as well...Chirag pointed you to the right direction but the 512MB GPU error I guess the ATI guys can try and diagnose, I have no issue with the Green card.

My Origin iD is : 1Nfected

IN the server browser search of "India", "Fragnetics" and "MBT" these are case sensitive, you will see the list of servers m talking about, these are all Sg. apart from the Indian one based ones they all work great....

mav added you, but I saw your friend request as well...

Anyway, glad to see you gaming after all, really this game is actually worth spending time on :)

I just ordered an Airtel internet Connection. Rs 1199+10.2% tax for 1MBPS till 30 GB then back to Failtel. Is that enough for playing BF3? How is Airtel's latency to BF3 servers? Any first hand experience here?

if you are asking in delhi . i have tested both they had same ping but only problem was with MTNL it goes wild after 1hr like 999ping for 5sec then come down .So i am going for MTNL now . should get connection soon .

Airtel rape in open

In MTNL For 1250 . you get 2mbps speed till 35GB and after that 512 . :cool2:

MP gaming has nothing to do with your BANDWIDTH, just your ROUTING.

I have used airtel at 256kbps and it has no difference on BF3, BF2:BC, TF2 or even CS:S for MP, than when I have full 2mbps...

Its just your Ping which is the time it takes for your PC to Ping the server, so its the routing.

mastersquall said:
if you are asking in delhi . i have tested both they had same ping but only problem was with MTNL it goes wild after 1hr like 999ping for 5sec then come down .So i am going for MTNL now . should get connection soon .

Airtel rape in open

In MTNL For 1250 . you get 2mbps speed till 35GB and after that 512 . :cool2:
Infected said:
MP gaming has nothing to do with your BANDWIDTH, just your ROUTING.

I have used airtel at 256kbps and it has no difference on BF3, BF2:BC, TF2 or even CS:S for MP, than when I have full 2mbps...

Its just your Ping which is the time it takes for your PC to Ping the server, so its the routing.

Yes I know latency matters the most but BSNL has always been a problem in that department. I am being forced to give up on my current BSNL connection because they haven't been able to resolve my ADSL link problem for the last 2 months.

Infected said:
mav added you, but I saw your friend request as well...

Anyway, glad to see you gaming after all, really this game is actually worth spending time on :)

Reinstalling it again...hopefully it works this time.

baccilus said:
Yes I know latency matters the most but BSNL has always been a problem in that department. I am being forced to give up on my current BSNL connection because they haven't been able to resolve my ADSL link problem for the last 2 months.

then airtel will be better but don't expect too much from them also . i am saying with experience of 4years with them . i had internet from them in past

Razor1911 released a non origin requiring BF3.exe for Retail copy owners earlier today :)

grab it if you haven't yet

quote from the nfo :

" This release is dedicated to our fans worldwide who bought this game on

legal way and don't want to install the trojan from Electronic Arts to play

online.

Razor 1911 Greetings

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EA Trojan - It's in the game...ehm...It was in the game!"

Back