Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

New mouse is not an excuse for getting knifed. :gap: I've been knifed quite a few times. :|

The new drivers didn't change much for me. Getting about the same FPS. Was using the Sep 26 preview driver before this, which was the first preview driver i think.

7/10 times I connect to the Indian server I get nothing but a black screen. I can hear people moving and talking etc. but cant see any menus or anything. Eventually I have to CTRL-ALT-DEL and kill BF3.exe from Task Manager.

Only seems to be happening to me when I connect to the Indian server. :(

^^ yeah I had a similar black screen issue only with the indian server...wierd...I had to restart the game similarly...just today tough.

I had to do "repair installation" to make it start the update. But if anything happens between that update it starts all over again. I have had the game for 2 days now but haven't been able to play the multiplayer yet. "Update game" doesn't work. It doesn't even keep the downloaded portions, downloads from the beginning each time. Even if the internet stops for 2 minutes and then starts again, download doesn't start again, it has to be restarted.

Yesterday I was on a killing spree.I dont remember which map it was.. I think Viralbug and hector were playing with me... Tactical light did the wonder... Enjoyed a lot. But got seriously pawned as I was an Engineer in DAMAVAND PEAK map. I found it best for snipers.. You can blame me if I am wrong, but seriously couldnt get a kill, died 7 times... :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If your internet stops for 2 minutes, then it will start from beginning only. If you pause it, then it can be resumed later. But with such a net connection how will you manage to play MP??
baccilus said:
I had to do "repair installation" to make it start the update. But if anything happens between that update it starts all over again. I have had the game for 2 days now but haven't been able to play the multiplayer yet. "Update game" doesn't work. It doesn't even keep the downloaded portions, downloads from the beginning each time. Even if the internet stops for 2 minutes and then starts again, download doesn't start again, it has to be restarted.

chiragsthakur said:
Yesterday I was on a killing spree.I dont remember which map it was.. I think Viralbug and hector were playing with me... Tactical light did the wonder... Enjoyed a lot. But got seriously pawned as I was an Engineer in DAMAVAND PEAK map. I found it best for snipers.. You can blame me if I am wrong, but seriously couldnt get a kill, died 7 times... :no:

DAMAVAND PEAK is my fav map. I snipe my ass off there. Just get C fast and then hold the corridors down. Love that map. I hate operation firestorm, died so many times there. That map is for engineers and i am a assault/recon kinda guy.

Yeah.. I love Operation Firestorm, Caspian border, Bazaar, Metro and Canals
krugur said:
DAMAVAND PEAK is my fav map. I snipe my ass off there. Just get C fast and then hold the corridors down. Love that map. I hate operation firestorm, died so many times there. That map is for engineers and i am a assault/recon kinda guy.

baccilus said:
I updated the game with 2g tata docomo gprs and it went without any hickups in 4 hours steady at 15kb/s.. Enjoying game now.. playing for 2 days and am in level 7!..

Hey I think battlelog is filled with COD 'kids'... I am trying to find a really Co operative squad and am not able to find any.. Everyone just takes Jets helis tanks and just freak off.. Hippie ill get a nice squad within the next few Weeks..

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

chiragsthakur said:
If your internet stops for 2 minutes, then it will start from beginning only. If you pause it, then it can be resumed later. But with such a net connection how will you manage to play MP??

That's why I ordered an Airtel connection which will be installed by Saturday. The present BSNL connection is posing this problem which they haven't been able to resolve for the last 2 months.

mastersquall said:
last night score kill 18 / death 1 :D

playing with friends using voice is awesome

you were raping from an IFV lol I sneaked in and planted 3 c4s but that damn vehicle just got disabled and exploded only after you came out :p

_

Ok, Just got my copy of limited edition. :D Installed the game but its forcing me to download the 472 mb update. :( Now, as I said, I am a complete noob when it comes to multiplayer gaming. What do I need to get started? Also, should I be worried about pings? I am on MTNL 1 mbps.

You should definitely update that game bro. If you go back a few pages you will get an idea on what all things needs to be installed for smooth gaming experience... 1mbps will be fine, pings should be less than 150ms normally.

Bluffmaster said:
Ok, Just got my copy of limited edition. :D Installed the game but its forcing me to download the 472 mb update. :( Now, as I said, I am a complete noob when it comes to multiplayer gaming. What do I need to get started? Also, should I be worried about pings? I am on MTNL 1 mbps.

Back