Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Its not like the game gave me an option to not update it. It was unplayable without the update. Downloading the update as I type. The results from pingtest.net has given me a scare. It is showing me a ping of 264ms with an F grade. This is my first original purchase, I just hope I am able to enjoy the multiplayer experience. :(

Bluffmaster said:
Its not like the game gave me an option to not update it. It was unplayable without the update. Downloading the update as I type. The results from pingtest.net has given me a scare. It is showing me a ping of 264ms with an F grade. This is my first original purchase, I just hope I am able to enjoy the multiplayer experience. :(

there are no pingtest servers in India to get a reliable test. most BF3 singapore servers and the Indian server are very good (save for occasional glitches in the Indian one) :p

at present EA server maintanence is going on. even if u have the game cant play online now for a few hours (till 5pm I guess)

after installing join our Platoon Battlelog / Sign in and if you have problems running the game take a look at this Battlefield 3 Tweaks and Fixes

_

^Thanks for the reply, I was going crazy trying to join a server. Every time I tried doing it, some error popped up. This wait just sucks, finally when I was done with the update, the maintenance starts. :( Lets hope I am able to play after 5PM. Can you confirm that it is because of the EA maintainence that I am unable to play multiplayer? Because I think I read somewhere that the maintenance was going to start at 9AM on Nov 2 Pacific time.

And thanks for the platoon link, my origin ID is remixbaap

quixand said:
I am back after a 4 day hiatus and an awesome Metallica Concert, great to see so many people on battlelog :) it's fragging time

Loved the concert. Got inspired Came back home and did some fragging. Improved my KD from .5 to .6 :hap2:

Edit: Would neone be kind enough to post a guide on flying a copter :S

Nothing to it. [W] to increase and decrease speed. [LSHIFT] to boost. Use boost to take off. Up and Down arrow to control pitch (point the aircraft up or down) and left and right arrows to control the roll. Spacebar to shoot, 1,2 to select guns or missiles ( you have to unlock them first). You can also use the mouse to control pitch and roll.

Throttle up and use boost before takeoff. Try to dive from above on slow moving choppers. Flares when you hear enemy lock tones. Decrease throttle to make tight turns. Lead the target when using guns. Try the above and you will be flying like Maverick in no time. Bike and girl not included.

9-11 am GMT mate.. So in out Indian time, its from 2.30 to 4.30 pm.. And for all those who are scared about internet speed, I reached level 5 with 2g internet.. There were occasional lags and frustration and that made me switch to Airtel 3g.. Now no lags.. Don't worry from ping tests.. Just get into the game and enjoy! and my battlefield 3 game has never crashed till now.. Absolutely enjoying.. It takes about 100 mb download and 78mb upload for 6 hours of gaming!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using Tapatalk

Guys try flying the helis and jets with your controller.. I use xbox 360 controller for flying and it turned out to be very easy!

Guys am thinking to buy this game,but one thing is holding me back."THE PING FEAR".There's no good server in India and around,so am afraid of high ping lags.What pings are you guys getting?

As long as you do not have dialup, you will be able to play decently in Asian servers. Multiplayer has come a long way since Counterstrike and Warcraft. I can hardly feel lag on pings up to 200.

Guys am thinking to buy this game,but one thing is holding me back."THE PING FEAR".There's no good server in India and around,so am afraid of high ping lags.What pings are you guys getting?

Read the same thread before, you will have your answer, we have indian servers and decent pings....

what if I play on UK and US servers.Will my ping go up?Is there any solution to high ping?Am even ready to pay for it.

And my connection speed is alright.

Yes, your ping will go up significantly in US servers. Ping depend heavily on the geographical distances (along with a lot of other factors). So there is no way to reduce ping to US servers even if you pay for it. Unless you put a router in the center of the earth.

I have played in US UK Antarctica servers without any lags.. don't worry about the ping.. My friend is playing in Asian servers on his age old 512kbps connection! so if

you have an 1mbps connection then you don't have to worry!

Played for a few minutes. Thankfully, its very much playable but I am getting my ass handed to me here. The moment I spot an enemy, I am dead. Sometimes I don;t even realize who hit me. How can a game be this hard? :S Where can I learn the basics of BF3 multiplayer, its like I don't have a clue of whats going on or what I am supposed to do.

That's what happens when you have higher ping than your opponent.They get much more time.Talking of time,a tenth of a second is enough advantage for a good good pinger or local player.You actually trail behind,your exact position is updated lately on the server,and that gives the enemy the edge.A good ping can really add to your performance.

For skills and increasing response time,you gotta go through the campaign mode,this will also help to know more about the game.And there are some guides online too for getting started with multiplayer mode.

Bluffmaster said:
Played for a few minutes. Thankfully, its very much playable but I am getting my ass handed to me here. The moment I spot an enemy, I am dead. Sometimes I don;t even realize who hit me. How can a game be this hard? :S Where can I learn the basics of BF3 multiplayer, its like I don't have a clue of whats going on or what I am supposed to do.

Man I hate these tactical lights.. its almost like a flashbang... getting killed for the fifth time in a row because if the flashlight!

For me this works well! Conquest- take a Jeep and keep capturing flags.. Rush- when you play as attack play as assault and stick with your team. Don't go as an one man army.. squad rush and squad DM- please stick with your squad (no one does this) and select your type based on the squad's needs..

Back