Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

A new server fix has been deployed on Battlefield 3 PC Servers and is now going on to Playstation 3 / Xbox 360. This server patch, other wise known as Server Patch R7 fixes a lot of Rubberbanding, crash and lag related issues. We’ve tested it out and it does indeed seem like a huge difference compared to the patch before! Goes to show that DICE are working hard to get the release kinks ironed out.
SERVER PATCH R7 NOTES

This is a server patch which means that you don´t have to update anything on your client.

- Fix for rubber banding
- TDM/SQDM spawn point fix
- crash fixes in end of round
- Fix for connection problem when joining password protected servers

We will deploy these fixes at 09:00 CET which is 8:00 GMT and midnight pacific time on the 3rd of November.

These changes have already made their way to the PC so this time it´s going out for Xbox 360 and PS3.

...hope the Indian ones are better now....

Thanks for the tips guys, I guess I am getting better at this but only marginally. I have reached rank 3 and my score per minute is 92. Does that score suck or is that decent for a beginner? I am mostly playing Team Death-matches but I am still getting killed a lot. The reason why I am getting killed a lot is because I am not being able to memorize the maps as they are all damn confusing. The moment I start memorizing a map, I get killed and I am spawned to a different location.

Now my questions are as follows:

1. Is there any way I can memorize the maps? Like play alone in them in a non ranked match?

2. Which is the best map for noobs like me to master first?

3. How do I find Indian Servers?

4. How do I play with you guys? I joined the TE platoon but my application has still not been accepted.

5. How do I get laser sights for my assault rifles?

Guys
I see a NEW Indian BF3 Server called "Killstreak.in 24*7 Rush Public Server".

Ping reply just 8 ms. :S

Seems to be hosted on VSNL Delhi. Server is full ATM.

Bluffmaster said:
Thanks for the tips guys, I guess I am getting better at this but only marginally. I have reached rank 3 and my score per minute is 92. Does that score suck or is that decent for a beginner? I am mostly playing Team Death-matches but I am still getting killed a lot. The reason why I am getting killed a lot is because I am not being able to memorize the maps as they are all damn confusing. The moment I start memorizing a map, I get killed and I am spawned to a different location.

Now my questions are as follows:

1. Is there any way I can memorize the maps? Like play alone in them in a non ranked match?

4. How do I play with you guys? I joined the TE platoon but my application has still not been accepted.

1. only best way is to play :p there are some 'unranked' servers, search for them in the server browser

2. 'operation metro' is a linear and easy map.

3. Battlefield 3 Server List | Search Bf3 Stats, Rankings, and Banners in India [IN] - Game Tracker copy name from here and search for it in battlelog server browser

4. add us as friends from this thread http://www.techenclave.com/team-te-...clave-indian-technology-community-200537.html then you can see who plays where in com center of battlelog

5. for every certain number of kills an attachment unlocks for that weapon. this info can be seen in weapons tab in your battlelog profile.

_

played the helicopter coop mission with quixand .We both died like n number of times but finally got a hang on piloting the damn thing . it was a fun mission though

during the mission Quixand was piloting the copter and i was shooting and blowing shit up :eek:hyeah:

cant wait to try this out on MP maps :D

^^ Yup finally got airborne in MP in choppers, didn't do that bad.

@Uber - I'm off work today, ping me when you wanna play.

edit: Still having a lot of crashes. Can somebody please consolidate the fixes?

Bluffmaster said:

You can try and find an un-ranked server though I have never seen one myself. Use the browser filter and check. With BC2, one could go to an empty server and practice flying, learn the map etc. Unfortunately you cant play on an "empty" server - this is not supported. Don't know why EA/Dice did this but it really sucks.

Bluffmaster said:

No such thing since you will have to play all eventually. You can however start with maps like Metro Rush. Reason being it doesn't have vehicles so you can focus on combat.

Bluffmaster said:

There are 4 up - 3 from BFI and one Killstreak.in. See attached image for reference.

56ZFP.jpg

Use your Battlelog Server Browser to find them. In the server browser, set "Region" to "Asia", and enter "india" in the "Filter by server name" field. This will find you the 3 BFI Servers. Find the Killstreak.in server similarly.

Bluffmaster said:

You dont need to join a platoon to play with someone. You can play with any of your "friends" as well. Click the Com Centre, find a friend who is playing and click the right facing triangle that says "join game" and you are good to go.

Bluffmaster said:

You will unlock it automatically over time when you use your weapon. Note that the unlocks are weapon specific. So if you switch weapons, you will have to unlock the same accessories for a new gun.

LOL. DD beat me to it as my post became too long. :p

Ricky . .Low Pings to Server . . Like a Boss. .

Owning Servers. .Like a Boss. .

Giving Advice. .Like a Boss. .

Level 50. . Like a Boss. .

Which GFX??
quixand said:
^^ Yup finally got airborne in MP in choppers, didn't do that bad.

@Uber - I'm off work today, ping me when you wanna play.

edit: Still having a lot of crashes. Can somebody please consolidate the fixes?

^^ GTX 570

I've already tried switching off AA deferred etc. Repaired the game. Cleared Browser cache, history (according to BF3 Tech support) Didn't work.

@! 0 t A

Low Pings to Server > Always been lucky with this. Local cablewallah ISP. Very unreliable, but great pings

Owning Servers > Not really. Getting owned more than owning TBH.

Giving Advice. .Like a Boss. > Not like a Boss, more like a friend

Level 50. > Never managed to hit level 50 in BC2. Nowhere near it in BF3.

PS. Buy the game and start playing Iota...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

quixand said:
^^ GTX 570

I've already tried switching off AA deferred etc. Repaired the game. Cleared Browser cache, history (according to BF3 Tech support) Didn't work.

The game has been extremely buggy for me as well since the last patch. For some odd reason, the bugs only show up for me on the Indian Servers.

The main bug I face is when I connect to the server, its a black screen. I can hear sounds, etc. but cant see menus and cant do anything except tab out and kill the game.

Today there was a weird bug on the new Killstreak server that a lot of us faced. When one died, you didnt re-spawn. Instead your camera view would switch to another soldiers viewpoint (facing him) and you cant do anything except watch them. Never seen this bug ever before. Very annoying 'cos your team loses a player and you're basically forced to exit and reconnect. There doesnt seem to be any other way around it.

Rickyk said:
The game has been extremely buggy for me as well since the last patch.

Same for me too. It randomly kicks me from server with the message "you have been disconnected from the login server". Again have to go through the pain of finding a server with an open slot.

Well, you'll have to visit the server host's site and apply for the sever there. Well, organizing the rental is the main agenda. If you are really interested then open another thread , maybe well get enough investors. :)

BSN gaming as some good Asian servers running. BSNGaming - BrainStorm Network But it seems that they are on pre-order.

Back