Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Yeah I had the filter set to Asia. I tried removing it and still doesn't show pings. It did show for the first couple of times, but only for some servers, not all.

Btw, the installation is really stupid. I inserted the DVD and it fired up Origin and was showing that it's "downloading" the game. I quit the installation 2 times wondering why it's downloading the game when I have the discs with me. Only later I realized that it was "downloading" from the disc. :|

^:p fail :D ... yes its pretty sad their system of joining the game thru a web browser ... why couldnt they just keep it normal ... also they never have a proper server browser which shows proper pings ... always random pings ... the best ive seen till date is steam

^^Same happened here. I cancelled the installation and later when I checked netmeter i realized that it wasn't downloading anything:no:

Actually the re-spawn point where the boats are was on the same distance from me as was the dock... So decided to swim directly to docks .... The first time I sat in that helicopter, I was literally trying to aim at one point but pilot was flying that thing so well that I wasnt able to fire on ground, neither on other helicopters... So when our helicopter was attacked, he returned back to the aircraft carrier, again flew up away from carrier, then was attacked again, so I had no option other than to jump, so jumped in water.... The war was fought on other end while I was busy in sorting things out for me :S

Rickyk: Its just a TP post ...Dont take anything personally... :) To be true I am still to fly a plane or copter neatly, you flew it well ;) :p Thought it was you coz your names SIngularity and you replied on my ingame chat :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yeah I should get a dog tag for it... Swimmer
mastersquall said:
ROFL:rofl: swimming make you healthy

chiragsthakur said:
Rickyk: Was it you, the pilot of that helicopter??? Dropped me in mid ocean... :mad: ;) Till the time I swimmed across to the docks, the round was over :(
No bro - it wasn't me flying. No chance at all. IIRC, I haven't flown (as in piloted) -ANY- air vehicles as of yet in BF3. I have flown as a passenger several times though.

That was possibly Reyez pro. He was flying a chopper most of the time that round. The one time I got on board a chopper in that round was as a passenger with Reyez as pilot.

That was the same time I commented that we were losing because Reyez pro was not performing.

When Reyez flew over the container area I bailed out and dropped off there.

So nope, wasn't me for sure.....

Here you go -

Indian BF3 server (you can test ping but cant join them yet) - 111.118.183.166

Fragnetic BF3 server - 203.116.28.4

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Off the record, this is the conversation I had with Reyez on the chopper when I spawned in on him.

Reyez (Pilot): WTH?! Where did you come from?

Me: I used you as a spawn point and spawned in.

Reyez: Okay, so wheres your ticket?

Me: Ticket? What ticket? My spawn ticket?

Reyez: You cant spawn into my chopper just like that. You need to BUY a ticket to travel on "Reyez Airways".

Me: Umm. Sorry, I didn't know I had to buy a ticket. I thought that since we were in the same squad...

Reyez: Same squad? Do you think fuel is free? You know what crappy mileage this chopper gives me? You need to BUY A TICKET before you spawn into my chopper. I accept Visa, Mastercard and Paypal. No free rides. Now get out of my chopper!

Saying that, he KICKED me off the chopper.... :(

Are you sure the same thing didn't happen to you Chirag? Did you have a ticket for "Reyez Airways"? If not, that's probably why he ditched you over the ocean.....

Rickyk said:
Here you go -

Indian BF3 server (you can test ping but cant join them yet) - 111.118.183.166

Fragnetic BF3 server - 203.116.28.4

Getting 122 and 166ms respectively. Good enough for me. Wonder when Flipkart will deliver.

If u get dropped too far off, just suicide and respawn. I got my hands on a few copters, still unable to make it go where i want :(

baccilus said:
They should have put some Chopper training in the SP of the game. I could never fly choppers in BC2 either.

there is mission in co-op try that it will teach you lot . i learned flying there

Aman27deep said:
Lol singu u always make me laugh :p I nearly failed all day as i am playing at 350 ms ping. Wait for indian servers :p

why didn't you add me till now . scared i will knife you :p *run away*

Rickyk said:
[/COLOR]Off the record, this is the conversation I had with Reyez on the chopper when I spawned in on him.

Reyez: You cant spawn into my chopper just like that. You need to BUY a ticket to travel on "Reyez Airways".

Me: Umm. Sorry, I didn't know I had to buy a ticket. I thought that since we were in the same squad...

Reyez: Same squad? Do you think fuel is free? You know what crappy mileage this chopper gives me? You need to BUY A TICKET before you spawn into my chopper. I accept Visa, Mastercard and Paypal. No free rides. Now get out of my chopper!

Are you sure the same thing didn't happen to you Chirag? Did you have a ticket for "Reyez Airways"? If not, that's probably why he ditched you over the ocean.....

:rofl: can't stop laughing

Rickyk said:
Off the record, this is the conversation I had with Reyez on the chopper when I spawned in on him.

ROTFL! That's some funny shit. :rofl:

:rofl: Must be Reyez then. Actually he was so good that he allowed me to visit the dock in air and then safely returned me back on aircraft carrier, I got off, he was taking off then, I was looking at that chopper, he came down again, I jumped in that chopper and then again flew with it and then fell in water...

Someone has said above, that I could have committed suicide... How do I do it in water?? :eek:hyeah:

Rickyk said:

Back