Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

I dunno why, but after the new patch, whatever i do, whatever resolution, whatever settings, my game doesn't get more than 40-45 fps, and it is really pissing me off. Didn't happen before the patch, dunno why it is happening now. And that's why i'm not playing nowadays.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Completed the SP campaign yesterday and I enjoyed the game. Voice acting during the missions and the sound effects were amazing. Unfortunately, the 360 version was extremely poor on the graphical front. The lens flare effect was over-done and annoying at times. DICE did a good job of including flight and tank based missions, this gave a good break from the constant run-gun affair.

That's great. I might never play it!

Aman27deep said:
I dunno why, but after the new patch, whatever i do, whatever resolution, whatever settings, my game doesn't get more than 40-45 fps, and it is really pissing me off. Didn't happen before the patch, dunno why it is happening now. And that's why i'm not playing nowadays.

Havent checked this yet. But 40-45 fps is gud right. Playable is 30 fps. So why dont u come on ... so many people waiting to kill you. ( Since i never faced a hitch yet havent really checked fps for the game )

That's great. I might never play it!
Me too :)

I have not even noticed a difference in FPS, I just keep deffered AA off and rest all at Ultra and get 60 Flat at 1080p with Vsync on. This is what afterburner reports, I just have to keep my fan at a constant 40% thats all....

^^ Not to make you jealeous, but just keep that one setting turned down and the game runs perfectly....

Even updated to the newer drivers from the green corner, no issues...

Yeah MSAA spoils the FPS in some areas if using AMD GFX cards....... Other than that 6850 (975mhz) gives me 55 to 60 with all ultra(vsync ON), except for MSAA... I have seen FPS jump as high as 68 to 70 in certain areas of the game.

I have been busy with Skyrim lately. I started Origin after many days today and it has started downloading an update which is 3.9 GB in size. Is just says Battlefield 3 limited edition. Is this Back to Karkand DLC which it is updating? And what happens when I uninstall the game? Will I have to download the DLC again? Will Origin let me download the DLC again?

yup, thats BTK updating as well as some tweaks and fixes. You can save the update from some part of the directory I think...others may know better..

Just started assult last night and am enjoying it a lot more than engineer....lets see how it goes.

Shifting between skyrim and bf3 a lot an idea came to me.
What if there was real time weather in BF3. How awesome would that be.
A desert storm in Operation Firestorm/Gulf of Oman. Or Rain/Thunderstorm in Caspion Border/Wake Island.
It will affect visibility, bullet drop, vehicle speed, flight etc.
Might just be the next big thing ;)

That would be cool indeed. Different weather conditions would add to the dynamic.nature of maps. Eg. You can't see somebody in the rain properly. :)

krugur said:
Havent checked this yet. But 40-45 fps is gud right. Playable is 30 fps. So why dont u come on ... so many people waiting to kill you. ( Since i never faced a hitch yet havent really checked fps for the game )

No it's not playable for me. It dips to 20's at time. It didn't used to happen. And nor do you expect it to happen on a fricking GTX 560-ti T_T

BTW not very pleasing to know that people want to kill me, lol.

Usually BF3 runs at 60 fps for me but sometimes it drops to 20-30. The only solution is restarting the PC. Any idea why this would be?

Back