Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Re: The "Battlefield 3" Thread! [PC] [360] [PS3]

This is my most eagerly awaited FPS of all time. Its #2 on my list of most eagerly awaited titles ever, right behind Diablo 3. The videos of this gamer are so sick! ZOMFG! I am pre-ordering this game NAO.

Damn I am confused , whether to pre-order or not. .

End of the day those stupids weapons hardly matter. . we dont even get the game early. . Who needs a Steel Case :s

I think I'll wait for reviews on this one. . Just untill they dont show Jets, post that / / I am SOLD !

well you should have pre-order earlier and enjoyed 999 price tag like me :p

About shops non shop in my area bring latest game and they usually take 1week where as pre-order you get your copy second day or third day i already experienced

mastersquall said:

About shops non shop in my area bring latest game and they usually take 1week where as pre-order you get your copy second day or third day i already experienced

AFAIK , the distributor has said that no1 will be getting the copy at the previously mentioned price of 999. . so If you are still sitting on that, I have bad news for you buddy :). .

To follow latest developments on this : Like the " Battlefield India" and " Electronic Arts India" page on FB.

mastersquall said:
Iota is right.

I can confirm to you that people who pre-ordered have already started getting emails asking for Rs.500 more if they want to buy the game.

I don't get how they can do this to begin with.

Surely a pre-order constitutes some kind of contract between the buyer and the seller? Sites like Amazon go as far as to offer a "pre-order price guarantee" - the price doesn't change no matter what.

Pre-order means you are "paying for something in advance". If the seller can change the price at will, then whats the point of a pre-order? We should all buy it one day before release then as most people will be buying the digital version anyway....

At this rate, whats to stop them from making it 2000 next month? This is really weird.....

i don't know but nextworld has confirmed me that they will only charge me 999 only because i had placed pre-order way earlier . here is reply from nextworld just to confirm

Dear Sir,
All games available for pre-ordering at nextworld.in are covered by our pre-order policy. Under this policy, if the price goes up after you've pre-ordered a product, you pay the lower price. If the price comes down, you pay the lower price again.
In the case of Battlefield 3, there has been a sudden change in the price from EA, without much explanation. Although we'll be losing quite a bit of money on this, we will honor our pre-order policy and everyone who has pre-ordered the game at Rs.999 will get it at the same price. So you do not need to worry. :)
Thanks!
On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:00 PM, <automailer@nextworld.in> wrote:

hi guys,

i pre-ordered BF3 in june for 999 and today i saw price 1499 . so i will get game at 999 or 1499 :( . Why sudden price rise

I have never pre-ordered a game from EA. I assume when you pre-order you have to pay the full price there and then. Its not like a deferred payment option right?

Nice to see Nextworld support customers - way to go! :cool2:.

Why cant EA do this? At the very least they should let customers who have already pre-ordered it earlier get it at the old price.

Nextworld is tiny company compared to EA and yet they have chosen to protect the customer even at their own expense. After this incident, I will definitely consider buying games from nextworld in future.

I still have to buy BF3 anyway so this problem doesn't really concern me directly but its the principle of the thing. The idea that EA can arbitrarily hike the price AFTER accepting a customers money and then demand the difference for the same product just feels wrong somehow.... :no:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This was posted today on Gamespy. Heres another reason why EA wants you to buy from Origin.......

"As news of retailer pre-order bonuses for Battlefield 3 began to spread, publisher Electronic Arts quickly asserted itself as the pre-purchase destination of choice with this little gem: pick up BF3 on EA's Origin and earn early access to the game's September beta.

Everyone that pre-orders DICE's upcoming FPS -- regardless of where you buy -- will be upgraded to the "Limited Edition" version of the game, which includes the Back to Karkand map pack, featuring Frostbite 2-powered versions of four of the franchise's most popular battlegrounds."

If you like the genre - definitely. You will get more than your moneys worth - guaranteed.

Origin will be the best bet for those wanting in on the beta unless they bought MOH last year for the same reason.

Retail takes far too long for new games and is too unreliable with regarding to shipping dates, especially in India. If you don't intend to play from "Day 1", retail would be the best bet as you wont have to use Origin.

Meh. . Screw it . . I just pre ordered off Flip Cart ( As I had some credits left there ). . Lets hope for the best :(

Thank GOD i preordered from Flipkart at 999. Will save 500 bucks + 3 movies + steelcase edition <3

mastersquall said:
you cares about steel box . i care about game only X)

its free :p (don't be jealous :D).

Only problem i'm facing is that the Indian launch will be 3 days after the global launch ie 28th of October. Plus take 2-3 more days for the game to ship. Almost a week delay :(

so who preordered it for 1499rs and what is this first come first server basis thing? are they trying to tell me that even if i had payed 1499 for the game i wont be getting the limited edition?

Only problem i'm facing is that the Indian launch will be 3 days after the global launch ie 28th of October. Plus take 2-3 more days for the game to ship. Almost a week delay

Good to see you're so optimistic about Indian deliveries being on schedule. :)

BTW, its not a week. Its about 4-5 weeks as the beta will (hopefully) run for 3-4 weeks. Still that should give the rest of us enough time to check out the game/weapons/vehicles/maps/strats so maybe you wont pwn us completely on day one! :)

Then again, keep your eyes open - its more than likely gaming sites will offer beta access serials to BF3. There were several sites that did this for BC2. I think Gamespot was where I got my BC2 beta access from....

Aman27deep said:
its free :p (don't be jealous :D). Only problem i'm facing is that the Indian launch will be 3 days after the global launch ie 28th of October. Plus take 2-3 more days for the game to ship. Almost a week delay :(
well i am thinking about going to there shop on release day to bring my copy same day :p

ubergeek said:
so who preordered it for 1499rs and what is this first come first server basis thing? are they trying to tell me that even if i had payed 1499 for the game i wont be getting the limited edition?

well? 10 chars

Back