Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Hell!!! WHERE IS MY KEY EA!!!!!!

I wish I could sue them for this ...

this is a breach of contract and false advertising!! Surely something can be done if we dont get the keys by midnight

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

IMHO...So far in my 30 years of gaming...I dont think there as been more hype for any game more than this one...

I hope it lives up to all of it....

LOL I wish man. Had to buy it through Origin.

Is it just me or is Origin really slow to load? Takes ages to start and shows hectic disk activity while loading. Drive is defragmented.

Then again maybe its just the fact that my PC is 4 years old and simply outdated.

If I get 30-40 FPS in BF3 with medium quality @1080 I will consider myself fortunate....

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Reading through the EA forums, apparently lots of people who have downloaded and installed the game with a legit key are unable to actually get into servers because they are FULL. Result - people are just twiddling their thumbs waiting in queue to get in.

Still, I guess it beats hitting F5 every couple of minutes to check if the "promised" email has arrived... :(

Theres a RUMOR floating around that the PC BETA may actually include Caspian as well! Fingers crossed for some jet action! :p

Is it just me who thinks that only a 2-day early access to the BETA is not justified? I mean, it should have been a week early access at least. 2 days isn't much of a treat. :p

Anyways, pre-ordered my copy on Flipkart. :D

Played the PC BF3 beta today morning for around 45 minutes.

My Impressions:

*The core gunplay feels fresh, different(in a good way)& almost nothing like Bad COmpany 2 or Battlefield2.

*The animations and movement are super slick! Smoothest I ve seen in a fps game!

*Loved the recoil in weapons its almost like the recoil seen in weapons of counter strike .

*Played in some Uk servers of ping 190-240s didnt feel any notcieable lag, although only played for 45 mins so cant say more on this!

*Lot of people camp or move around in prone, which tends to get annoying.

Performance:

Overall:Decent!

My Rig:Core i5 760 @ 3.3Ghz, 4Gb DDR3 1600, GTX 280 overclocked.

Game Settings: 1280x960, 2xAA, All on medium (Texture, Effects, Mesh @ High), Ambie Occlusion - ssao.

FPS: PARK: (most graphics intesnve part of the map) Hovered mostly around 45+. Didnt drop below 40.Inside the Tunnel it stayed around 50s most of the time..

dinjo said:
So did you guys had the keys to play the beta or :eek:hyeah:

Do you now understand why your posts in the other thread were thrashed by the other members? Please refrain from asking such useless queries. Does it really matter here if someone played it using the beta keys or downloaded it off from other sources?

You simply seem to dig your own grave the way I see it!

Mind Blown multiple Times!!

bf32011092801423578.jpg

a8uQ8.jpg

rAweu.jpg

ggwEX.jpg

Back