Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt said:
Worst beta ever. I had to go through the whole Origin drama first, create an account, authenticate the demo download, the connect to Battlelog to find the server via Firefox (seriously EA?), download a bunch of plug-ins and finally after numerous tries the game launches, only to stay in Windowed mode. Great!

Since I'm in a quick match, there was no option to pause the game to set the video and other options, without being killed in the heat of the battle. Setting the video options to High turned into a lag fest, set it all to medium. But it wasn't ready to go into full-screen mode without coughing up with 'a connection to the server was lost' error. Uninstalled it without a second thought.

its just beta you will expect all kind of error this is reason they have released beta so that they know what type of problem user can face so that at the time of release product should stable

Aman27deep said:

:rofl:

jojothedragon said:
Now thats not fair. Its multiplayer we are talking about here and in multiplayer there is always (in most cases) the need to create a a/c with the client. It prevents hexors and keeps players organized and connect with pals.
And press Alt+Enter to fix the windowed mode.
I'm OK with creating an account, I did the same with Crysis 2 and got in instantly. I am talking about choosing the servers from a web browser is a really poor choice, even for a beta. Also, alt+tab didn't work for me, in fact, that's the first thing I did. I had to manually force the game from within the options menu to Fullscreen, in which case, it would exit to desktop popping up with the server disconnection error message.

jojothedragon said:
Errm..Ethan bhai, you can't expect others to keep waiting while you fix your gfx settings in a live match now, can ya?
I'm not expecting anyone to wait. Rule of thumb suggests, we get to set the game options screen before even entering the game or joining a match. For SP, I could understand certain games going straight into the game and then we could pause and set the graphics and other options, however, in MP how do you expect us to be dropped in between a match and then choose the option without dying?

jojothedragon said:
Your gpu is ati4xxxx series ain't it ?
Yes it is and NO, I'm not complaining about the dip in frame rates, as my hardware is already passed into the pre-historic era and would no longer be able to compete with these games.

jojothedragon said:
No offense man, but I think you are being way annoyed out of no reason. Just run the game again and let it unleash your Adrenaline on them n00bs. :D (especially reyez..... :p)* Its a really enjoyable game.
I'm not getting annoyed at all. I just posted my views as per my experience. I know it's a BETA and the final game will be completely different. Besides, MP is not my forte, so no point in even discussing about it. I just wanted to see how the game ran and get to experience a few levels, which unfortunately, I couldn't achieve. So I dropped it and moved on. :p

Also, a note to others who think I'm bashing the game, I'm NOT. I had a poor experience with this BETA, as have some others. If you guys are having fun with it, then good for you.

Played Half a RUSH match before it crashed, but pretty good. Ran smoothly at 768p ULTRA, got around 85+ FPS.

I'm a Crysis 2 MP fan and a bit of TF2 but this looks worth buying now.

Well got this up and running, after a LOT of problems. :|

I know BF3 is in beta, but it is absolutely no excuse for Origin to act so crappy. Why the hell did they include Origin! :mad: The Battlelog in browser is seriously stupid. :|

When I finally got into playing, it left me a bit disappointed. I really did expect something better. Anyhoo, let's see how it turns up, it's not that bad I guess. Getting my noob a$$ kicked really bad here. :gap:

played for few hrs and uninstalled it.The animations were really good.But the concept of origin and no menu before joining any match is really frustrating.Frequent servers disconnections was another one.

Too much motion blur really was a bit disappointing.

loved the game very much :D... Now am kinda bored of BFBC2 Tbh :p

the Visual fidelity of the game is just Pure eyegasam,bought my GTX 460 to its knees :'( i think this MIGHT come close to Crysis series .

as a MP fan liked each and every bit of the game, the controls are very unresponsive, giving it a BETA go can't RANT bout it.

What i didn like is the Crappy Origin which is in BETA state too -_- & Battlelog MY GOD NO INGAME SERVER MENU :mad:... got frequent disconnections . took me ages to join a GAME!!! again its just a BETA & a Free Game :D , Hope everything gets fixed by 25th when the Full game comes out.

One thing i liked very much is : THE SOUND Zeahahahahahha xD.... Nathing like i've ever HEARD ,,, to bad i got grounded by me pops yesterday for playing at high Volume.

setting it to WAR TAPES just brings out my whole neighborhood :p

hector19 said:
loved the game very much :D... Now am kinda bored of BFBC2 Tbh :p

the Visual fidelity of the game is just Pure eyegasam,bought my GTX 460 to its knees :'( i think this MIGHT come close to Crysis series .

as a MP fan liked each and every bit of the game, the controls are very unresponsive, giving it a BETA go can't RANT bout it.

What i didn like is the Crappy Origin which is in BETA state too -_- & Battlelog MY GOD NO INGAME SERVER MENU :mad:... got frequent disconnections . took me ages to join a GAME!!! again its just a BETA & a Free Game :D , Hope everything gets fixed by 25th when the Full game comes out.

One thing i liked very much is : THE SOUND Zeahahahahahha xD.... Nathing like i've ever HEARD ,,, to bad i got grounded by me pops yesterday for playing at high Volume.

setting it to WAR TAPES just brings out my whole neighborhood :p

ejjactly same here bro :D

add me too guys: PhotonAttack

_

Back