Battlefield 3 - Discussion Thread

Looks awesome...yesterday was a so so day...xeo was around for a while i think, but didnt see anyone else...I guess it was a bit tiring after a while. Going back to IRNV as it looks like everyone uses it to kill you, so better off with it rather than being handicapped. Had some guy on the server who was using a USAF shotgun...one shot one kill kind of stuff...kind of spoiled it for most of us.....Indian servers seem to be full most of the time, so getting a slot seems painful...

Anyway, am planning to start using the assult class for a while now, lets see if I get some time today/

Hey guys,

I don't know when this happened but there is another indian server now

"Mr.A's (India) Ranked Rush/TDM BF3 Server"

Didn't log onto the game last 2-3 days so not sure when this got added

BTW may be you guys can help me with this,
when i complete a round and a different map loads
as soon as the server initiates loading
i get a black screen with the loading square animation at the bottom right
but that animation is also stuck
then i have to quit out of the game using task manager
and then i join the server again
if my slot is still available
very irritating
can anyone suggest anything

MSI 5750 HD
running at lowest settings
1400*900 (something like that)
7 64 bit
latest drivers already isntalled

THanks

chiragsthakur said:
Can you please check and tell me whats mine :) Also KD too...

Sry mate been busy at work. Releases :mad: one every 2 weeks :(

u have clocked 64 hrs :) with a KD of .945 Chirag231187

I am up after 10 generally and i see rey3z sometimes. Mostly singularity, he's there at all times.

Its ok bro Thanks... Actually yesterday it was 0.925 and now 0.945

Yesterday I was playing rush match in Tehran Highway and Sienna crossing and the teams were highly unbalanced. All those who had crossed almost 50th rank (First eight had eagle tags :mad:) were in one team and rest of us which were 30 or below were in other team and we were base r*ped :ashamed:
krugur said:
Sry mate been busy at work. Releases one every 2 weeks

u have clocked 64 hrs with a KD of .945 Chirag231187

I am up after 10 generally and i see rey3z sometimes. Mostly singularity, he's there at all times.

krugur said:

I used to play a lot with my friend, jester, but now he's gone off for his training in Coimbatore, so not playing a lot nowadays (Playing League of Legends instead). And anyways my exams are going on, today exam will start at 5, I'm off!

chiragsthakur said:
Its ok bro Thanks... Actually yesterday it was 0.925 and now 0.945

Yesterday I was playing rush match in Tehran Highway and Sienna crossing and the teams were highly unbalanced. All those who had crossed almost 50th rank (First eight had eagle tags :mad:) were in one team and rest of us which were 30 or below were in other team and we were base r*ped :ashamed:

blame it on the skill calculation. team balance gets screwed bcos of the stupid way skill is calculated.

_

Karkand PC release officially confirmed for Dec 13th.

Dice has also revealed fixes and tweaks that are coming in the next PC patch. Its quite a list. Marked the ones I found interesting -

Bugfixes:

Fixed a problem with spawn timer now showing blue border on startup and lost spawn point

Fixed a problem where player who joined queuing on End of round got spawn screen stuck on screen, but unable to do anything with it untill next round loaded

Fixed a problem where camera would change to 3rd person on killcam when killcam was turned off in server settings

Fixed stat references on several dogtags

Fixed for surveillance ribbon not counting TUGS

Fixed a missing combat area lines on the minimap for Grand Bazaar conquest small

Moved a tank spawn in US base on Caspian Border so it would not be destroyed by a falling tree

Fixed a problem where placing C4 with the russians soldier was playing US faction VO

Fixed a problem where TV guided missiles could be shot into its own helicopter and destroy it

Fixed a problem when attempting to fire lock on weapons without a target

Tweaked the chat, it should now be a bit easier to read

Fixed several vehicles that did not properly shoot rockets and guns towards their predictive sights

Fixed the G17 Supressed Laser not working properly

Added alternate HUD colors to help colorblinds

Added a network interpolation setting. This allows users with good bandwidth reduce latency, but might increase some stuttering. The user can find what works best for his connection by tweaking the slider.

Increased the Spawn protection radius on TDM

Fixed a problem with smoke on land vehicles, Missiles should now miss more often

Fixed a problem where users could end up with IRNV scope in any vehicle

Fixed a problem where player dies if vaulting over a ledge and into water while sprinting

Fixed several crashes and increased general stability

Fixed a problem where the user was unable to revive two players that have the bodies one over the other

Fixed so you can assign an axis and use as a digital input. This makes it possible for the player (on pc) to assign one of the sticks on a gamepad to be used for throttle/brake.

Fixed a problem with the Kill camera acting up when suiciding from parachute

Fixed air radar was showing to much. now lasertagged, heatsignature above threshold, enemy missiles and capture points are only visible on air radar

Fixed a problem where the game would enter a technical hang if the user pressed pause menu and tilde at the same time

Fixed a problem where you could get green flashes on screen

You can now reassign cycle weapons

Fixed so the weapon zooms automatically after bipod deploy is gone when using zoom toggle

Fixed a problem where the parachute would stay stuck in air if the owner was killed

Balance Tweaks:

Fixed several weapons so they are properly suppressed and hide the player on the minimap when fired.

Tweaked Tactical Light so it is not as blinding over longer ranges.

Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Reduced heat masking effectiveness of Spec Ops Camo.

Fixed a bug where Ammo spec would give additional 40mm grenades instead of Frag spec.

Increased the number of additional 40mm grenades from Frag spec.

Fixed so AT mines only live for 20 seconds after a player dies to prevent infinite mines. (We want to make a different fix in the future, it’s in JIRA).

Increased the Time to Live on sniper caliber rounds to allow extreme distance shots.

Fixed several weapon descriptions, calibers, and fire rates. The weapons themselves have not changed.

Fixed so the M9 and MP443 pistol can be equipped by the opposing faction when it is unlocked at 100 kills.

Fixed Laser Guided Missiles missing their targets if the target is moving too fast.

Reduced the effectiveness of Stealth on Air Vehicles.

Reduced the effectiveness of Beam Scanning for Jets.

Reduced the damage done to Armored Vehicles and Infantry from AA guns.

Increased the damage RPGs and Tank shells do to AA vehicles.

Slightly decreased the accuracy for all weapons on fully automatic, burst fire is now preferable at mid to long range.

Increased the effective accuracy of long bursts for LMGs when using a bipod.

Slightly increased the range of the 44magnum bullets.

Increased the close range damage of 4.6x30mm and 5.7x28mm bullets.

Increased the reload time of the Mortar from 3.5sec to 4.8sec and increased the time it takes before a shell hits the ground.

Reduced the aimed accuracy bonus given by a Suppressor for the MP7, P90, PP2000, PP-19, and UMP45.

Increased the range and FOV for designating targets with the SOFLAM and vehicle Laser Designators.

Decreased the effectiveness of 12g FRAG ammo when equipped on semi-automatic and automatic shotguns.

Slightly Increased the power of Fighter Jet Cannons against all vehicle targets, especially Helicopters.

Decreased the power of Miniguns against Jets and Helicopters.

Increased the power of Stingers against Jets.

Flares reload times for Jets and Helicopter Gunners have been increased.

Tweaked the AN94 so its burst fire better conveys the real world advantage offered by this weapon.

Added Single Shot to the AN94 as an available fire mode.

Slightly increased the recoil on the M416 and removed the Burst Fire mode (this weapon incorrectly had burst fire, which was not authentic)

Tweaked the spawns for TDM on Kharg Island, Grand Bazaar, Caspian Border, Seine Crossing, Operation Firestorm, Damavand Peak and Noshahar Canals

Tweaked the Gas station Capture area on Conquest on Caspian Border

Tweaked the max vehicle height on Noshahar Canals

DigitalDude said:
no, no. always drop ammo near engis, they will thank you from the bottom of their heart. and with guns like F2000, AEK, SCAR I have run out of ammo in all three game types rush, tdm and conquest. in conquest you can easily rake in tons of resupply ribbons :eek:hyeah:

if you are a support 'drop ammo' should beat along with your breath, even if there is no one around.
_

I couldnt agree more with Photon.. For engi's their RPG/ SMAW/ STINGER/ IGLA/ JAVELIN is their Hand of God!! Without it, they cannot play their role/ objective in the game. Please give ammo.. and for assualt, please drop med boxes too. You cant go up against a tank with 10-20% health.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Yesterday was one of the best days in BF3, squad consisted of Photonattack, caldaster, jivesh and myself. Everyone was playing their role well. we got around4-5 ace squad ribbons. A 10kill streak in a tank on Khargh!! We could have dominated completely if we had voice-chat..

jatinwig said:
BTW may be you guys can help me with this,

when i complete a round and a different map loads

as soon as the server initiates loading

i get a black screen with the loading square animation at the bottom right

but that animation is also stuck

then i have to quit out of the game using task manager

and then i join the server again

if my slot is still available

very irritating

can anyone suggest anything

MSI 5750 HD

running at lowest settings

1400*900 (something like that)

7 64 bit

latest drivers already isntalled

THanks

Update punkbuster.

Tweaked the IRNV scope so it is limited to usage only at close range.

Arrrrgggghhhhh !!!!!!

this BSNL is irritating. Just gets disconnected while playing. and modem restarts.:mad:

but loving the 5x tickets TDM on indian server now. The game really gives a lot of time to play and try lot of things.

Guys can the javelin be fired without a lock like a SMAW or RPG,really annoying to wait for lock by that time the tank would have already taken you out.

devesh38 said:
this BSNL is irritating. Just gets disconnected while playing. and modem restarts.

but loving the 5x tickets TDM on indian server now. The game really gives a lot of time to play and try lot of things.

I wish ppl play conquest as frequent as TDM :p

adder said:
Guys can the javelin be fired without a lock like a SMAW or RPG,really annoying to wait for lock by that time the tank would have already taken you out.

no.

unless a recon put up a soflam, or your team is in a comfortable position or you have a good view of the vehicle from a distance dont use the javelin. it's useless most of the time. the new patch will buff it a bit.

_

devesh38 said:
this BSNL is irritating. Just gets disconnected while playing. and modem restarts.:mad:

Disable UPnP in modem settings. If you have already disabled it and still face disconnection then turn off the modem for few seconds and turn it back on.

Enjoyed TDM today.... From morning itself getting good kills and less deaths....

591484edb3dbeef545.jpg

kRuSnIk said:
Disable UPnP in modem settings. If you have already disabled it and still face disconnection then turn off the modem for few seconds and turn it back on.

got again disconnected. now. can u help me with this. Not able to find the UPnP settings in my modem.

Back