Battlefield 4 - Discussion Thread

Done.
Game-play wise 8.5/10. Awesome game-play. Will give you little bit of challenge if played on hard. However only seven missions :eek:
Graphics wise 9/10. Pushed both CPU and GPU pretty hard.
Optimization 5.5/10. I believe it should have been optimized much better before final release. I have seen some graphical bugs too, like once at the end when I was liberating that ship I shot the helicopter and instead of falling down it went up in the sky and vanished! :wtf:
Overall really enjoyable game. Game-play wise this is the best BF in series, but overall I still will give the edge to BF3.

Completed the campaign. Very short clocking at about 6 hours or so. I think I liked BF3’s campaign more than this one esp. the F/A-18F Super Hornet mission. Adrenaline packed missions like those were sorely missed in BF4’s campaign. But regardless of that, the campaign was enjoyable. A good TP. About time EA make the franchise a pure MP based title since the majority of players would buy the game only for the MP aspect. The short campaign was probably included to give the players a taste of what MP had to offer and to showcase the new engine’s prowess.

Critics say that COD: Ghosts’ campaign is worthy of a playthrough. Looking forward for that! Got to complete Beyond: Two Souls before that!

@Gannu totally agree with you .bf3 campaign was simply brilliant. I loved every bit of it. As for bf 4 well it was just okay nothing spectacular.. just started cod ghost let's see How this panes out to be

I have only played a an hr or two of the campaign and i loved it more than BF3 one. Simply because of the lack of quick time events which make you to silly button mashing.
On multiplayer front, found the best way to level up fast is TDM. Gonna be doing that a lot more before i move on to other modes.

my game is hanging a lot. The game frames a lot even at lowest settings. I have corei5 2500k with 5870 graphics card. The game is not at all playable. the frames varies very much between 70-80 to 12. Just hate it.

BF3 was much better than BF4 when launched. There are hardly any updates or fixes being released since the game launched. I remember during bf3 so many updates being released quickly to remove bugs and all.

That's what I said. The game is not optimized for mediocore PC's like yours or mine. But I wonder how you get 70-80! Isn't 60 the Max?

^ Thats at lowest settings.
That's what I said. The game is not optimized for mediocore PC's like yours or mine. But I wonder how you get 70-80! Isn't 60 the Max?

If you turn off vsync the frame rates go above 60. I tried even with lowest settings, Highest frame rate touches 90 but occasionaly freezes and lags are there.

Will try today evening. In office now.

_

some more fixes for problems:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/1q2bbt/compilation_of_errors_and_how_i_fixed_them/
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Battlefield-4-keeps-crashing-on-PC/m-p/1768465#M31273

also interesting reads:
To everyone complaining about terrible netcode in BF4

[BF4] Exclusive: I spoke to a QA employee of DICE. Here is his response!
yR61iUN.png

_

Last edited:
Finished the game on hard difficulty. Campaign was not all that bad. Visuals are stunning. It's enjoyable, just don't expect to get blown away.

Hard is more like normal. DICE recommends all experienced FPS users play on hard. I'm not even that experienced and I found it normal.

Anyways, can you guys add me on origin. I have no origin friends. Literally. Zero.

Please add me. dovahkiin1001

Thanks

Join the following teamspeak server, if you want players to scrim with.
ip - ts.tavrosgaming.com
pass - tavros
You won't be able to move without a tag so ask any Server Admin, Leaders[L] or Admins[A] for tags.

I can also create TE channel group if there are enough active players.

I am facing a lot of issues with multiplayer. Game is crashing randomly and also sometimes while loading the level, i will get disconnected from the server.
Been happening a lot lately. Started the single player for he third time now. My saved games got wiped twice due to mother board issue. Hopefully it is solved

Nice find @kRuSnIk . will try to join the server.

Those multiplayer issues are common in BF4. My clanmates have been facing these issues since day1. DICE has released server side patches to fix these issues but not completely. Also, netcode in BF4 is worse than BF3. DICE is working on a patch for the same.

Back