Best power supply units

I think this would fit the budget and believe it is better than other psu's in this range.
http://www.flipkart.com/seasonic-ss...id=PSUDFBEPQB2ZCCMS&icmpid=reco_pp_same_psu_4
@sasikanth8 - thanks for the link.
The "Eco" models use low grade components, which defeats the purpose of looking at a Seasonic. Not worth it IMO.

The best compromise would be a low wattage ~300W model thats designed well. Anyone with a less than 3k budget for their PSU most likely has a low power consumption rig. Unfortunately since consumers likes big numbers like 500W/600W, there aren't any good low wattage PSUs. Even the S12II 380 got pulled from the market here.

Bought "Seasonic S12II 430 Watts PSU" from FK @ 3.5 K as the thread says its a Flawless unit..great,but now the price has been increased 4.1 K now OMG..! I'm little bit lucky though...:D

Talk about price increases - I bought the 620W S12 for 4800 during one of those 10% off days. Now the same is 6350. Incredible increase.

Talk about price increases - I bought the 620W S12 for 4800 during one of those 10% off days. Now the same is 6350. Incredible increase.

Had bought same PSU for 4500/4600 a year n half ago. Its more than 35% appreciation. Same is the case with RAMs now a days.

Had bought same PSU for 4500/4600 a year n half ago. Its more than 35% appreciation. Same is the case with RAMs now a days.
This wasn't that long ago - maybe 3 months max. This was when rupee was 55. Now rupee is 61 which is an 8% increase. The price increase though seems more like 25%.

Quick note on the S12II.

I bought a unit from a local store under protest (dealer did not want to take hassle of RMA with Tirupati). The unit is silent enough but has some audible buzz, from the sound of it some loose transformer windings or more likely DC in the line from the UPS output.

The unit is rock stable under load, though it's serving a very undemanding system, max 140w - if that - and ripple is extremely low. I think it's fair to say that the unit significantly outperforms the older platform and is an excellent choice even after the price increases.

Hello Guys,
Here's an update from Cooler Master. We have launched the V series in India and they are available in 700W, 850W & 1000W. Though they are rated 80Plus Gold, these units are completely capable of hitting Platinum as well as Titanium specs without breaking a sweat! Please find the review of all three units done by Jonnyguru. If you guys have a problem finding them in channel/online, please get in touch with me directly (sanket_naik@coolermaster.com.tw). Same goes for RMA or any other queries you might have.

1. V 1000W review ( http://goo.gl/6uwZa )
2. V 850w review ( http://goo.gl/5y8KIz )
3. V 700W review ( http://goo.gl/sy5XyJ )

Regards
Sanket Naik

Are there any plans to launch the V450 in India, or offer it as a special import to enthusiasts who may need an additional low power, efficient system?

Hello Guys,
Here's an update from Cooler Master. We have launched the V series in India and they are available in 700W, 850W & 1000W

Thanks for the info.
Pricing is high CM v700 is 12.5k where seasonic x750 is ~10,800.(ITDEPOT). While in $$ CM unit is cheaper than the seasonic unit!
May be price will settle down after some time.

@cranky Currently, the V series comprises of just three wattages 700W, 850W and 1000W. All three units are currently available in India. One more piece of info i would like to share is that, though these units are rated 80Plus Gold, they are fully compliant with Platinum as well as Titanium specs.

As you rightly pointed out, for low power but high efficiency requirement we will be launching the V - Semi Modular series soon. In that range, we will offer PSUs in 450w,550W, 650W & 750W. I will update you all as soon as we launch it.

Here's a review of the V semi modular 550W: (http://goo.gl/Kose4x )

Regards
Sanket Naik

From the review it looks like the VS is filled with the classic cheapo Teapo, Su'scon. Even the solid/polymer caps are all Teapo. This sort of cost cutting is something to be expected only in the entry level GX series. Its a shame they named the series VS - will either ruin the rep of the original V series or misguide consumers into thinking they're buying something even remotely as good as the V.[DOUBLEPOST=1385169056][/DOUBLEPOST]
Quick note on the S12II.

I think it's fair to say that the unit significantly outperforms the older platform and is an excellent choice even after the price increases.
The S12II is still the same platform right? Or did you mean M12II?

Last edited:
The VX450 as well as my Antec 380 was the s12, both the M and S have been through one revision since. Maybe two for the M.

I looked at the innards of a Corsair RM450 a few days ago. If that is anything to go by, Corsair are back :). It's a CWT and not Seasonic or Flextronic unfortunately. But still, very good build. Ripple in initial reviews seems to be a bit of an Achilles' heel for CWT but at least it's down to 30 instead of the 60-70 range from their earlier platform. Oh yes, platform looks brand new, a step away from the HX1050 days and light years away from the TX debacle. Since the CMs continue to disappoint at the low end of the power chart, maybe this an option. Obviously more expensive, but might just be worth it.

From the review it looks like the VS is filled with the classic cheapo Teapo, Su'scon. Even the solid/polymer caps are all Teapo. This sort of cost cutting is something to be expected only in the entry level GX series. Its a shame they named the series VS - will either ruin the rep of the original V series or misguide consumers into thinking they're buying something even remotely as good as the V.

It's a totally different platform too! Basically, back to old bedfellows :)

Having felt really guilty for not reading the review, the comments are quite revealing. Lots of China maal and China workmanship in that supply. Results seems good though, so it's probably a case of a nice design being shortcharged by a penny pinching bean counter somewhere. So typical.

I don't think the ax750i will be released here. I doubt anyone would pay usd250+ for it. Landing cost would be higher than 300$ I suppose. That's around 18k minimum for a 750w psu at 60 a dollar.:eek:

Sorry to bump this up but this thread has been very useful. What would you guys suggest for a Haswell pentium H81 based system with 3 HDDs & a Radeon 7790? Looking to stay under 4k so my options seem the CX430v2, Antec VP550P or the S12ii 430W. Any inputs?

Back