Bheja fry, the epic tale ends.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
iGo said:
18-24, not very playable frame rates, but not quite slideshow either.
How about some outdoor goodness with intense fight... the actual reason we play game for?

Congratulation, you proved your first point halfway. I'll eat half my words.
Now, Crysis??

no way it will run crysis. my 9600gt is only able to run crysis on medium settings while it rips through cod4. like i said there is something abt cod4 that makes it easy on the gpu.

and i dint like cod4 it was like a hollywood film you can see once. i cant play the game again to give you screenshots.
please try it on your onboard for dogs sake.!!!!

i am currently being hampered by my cpu. i plan to upgrade cpu then lets see.

On a sidenote, u found anyone credible on the world wide web to support ur assertions about soundcards? I'm on ur team, man. Dish it out!

Naga said:
On a sidenote, u found anyone credible on the world wide web to support ur assertions about soundcards? I'm on ur team, man. Dish it out!

some of my friends here were audiophiles they had the best soundcards and speakers even the wires they connected the speakers with were gold plated. while playing with their systems i found no major differences with sound card or onboard, they did. perhaps i dont hear what they hear, maybe they were right.

i did find major differences between different speakers and external amplifiers though. and i would say wires are the biggest scam of them all.

Awesome thread, vijayninel. please go on :D . Satisfy us geeks with your assumptions :D

lol, with my 6600(8 pixel pipelines) and my outdated P4, COD4(medium settings) demo is absolutely nothing. COD4 is quite light anyway.. compared to Crysis. dude you can run any game on that stupid onboard bcoz it will have SOME pixel pipelines/shaders at least .. but it cant run any latest game on HIGH and above 1280x1024(dude dont confuse yourself with resolution and fps, you need high fps to be able to play properly , I know alot of people are quite accustomed to playing when game's stuttering but I can't tolerate that) . you can confirm this with any god damn CPU, it doesnt matter.

one more thing, record a Crysis video using fraps and post here. Anyway, latest IGP are quite decent for people wanting to play games on low graphics and all. they really don't know what they are missing(- eye candy!)..

who said you can run it on high settings and high resolutions i only said you can play and enjoy games. and i never said you can run crysis on onboards. some of the newer onboards like the 780 are much more powerful than my years old 6100.

vijayninel said:
some of my friends here were audiophiles they had the best soundcards and speakers even the wires they connected the speakers with were gold plated. while playing with their systems i found no major differences with sound card or onboard, they did. perhaps i dont hear what they hear, maybe they were right.

i did find major differences between different speakers and external amplifiers though. and i would say wires are the biggest scam of them all.

How about mentioning what speakers and what amps did you hear before making such a comment?

Chaos said:
How about mentioning what speakers and what amps did you hear before making such a comment?

this was years ago. i barely remember my phone no. you expect me to remember all of that. maybe their system wasnt as good as yours. but i was not very impressed back then.

vijayninel said:
this was years ago. i barely remember my phone no. you expect me to remember all of that. maybe their system wasnt as good as yours. but i was not very impressed back then.

hmm........ and you expect us to believe you remember how good or bad it sounded years back?

Sorry you had this coming...........................

vijayninel said:
who said you can run it on high settings and high resolutions i only said you can play and enjoy games. and i never said you can run crysis on onboards. some of the newer onboards like the 780 are much more powerful than my years old 6100.

sure mate.. integrated graphics solutions have come a long way :) . but remember I said "EYE CANDY" and you'll miss all that if not some, on an IGP . remember Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering- you'll hit the wall somewhere on an igp ;)

broar94 said:
sure mate.. integrated graphics solutions have come a long way :) . but remember I said "EYE CANDY" and you'll miss all that if not some, on an IGP . remember Anti Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering- you'll hit the wall somewhere on an igp ;)

i am not disputing that. for all those features you need powerful hardware but even with all these cool features off i still say you can play and enjoy games. the most imp thing to play and enjoy games is not hardware but an imagination and enthusiasm for games. a lot of people in the world cant afford to buy expensive hardware they enjoy their games on their onboards.:)

vijayninel said:
ah! what a bore you guys are

No offence mate... but so far in my life I've heard that dialog by girls only. Never expected it to hear on Tech forum.

My girlfriend would call me and my friends bore when we would discuss tech and gadgets for long time... and the best part is that my girlfriend is kinda techie/gadget freak herself. :p

And while I agree with you that to enjoy the games, the eye candy is not really necessary. But to enjoy the game, you at least need DECENT framerates (and by decent I mean 30+ at least) !!

Actually you don't need a graphics card at all to run games. Most insiders know it to be an industry scam.

A little known trick is to simply will that empty PCIe slot into running games.
Using this 'imagination technique' you can get visuals that won't be seen until DX20 and framerates in the thousands.

Unfortunately I can't post screenshots as I am currently having frame buffer issues with my imagination running wild.

vijayninel said:
i am not disputing that. for all those features you need powerful hardware but even with all these cool features off i still say you can play and enjoy games. the most imp thing to play and enjoy games is not hardware but an imagination and enthusiasm for games. a lot of people in the world cant afford to buy expensive hardware they enjoy their games on their onboards.:)

Ok. Its bed time for you.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: anyway you had to upgrade to 9600GT since onboard was shitty right? :lol: that proves enough!

Untitled-1.gif

Awww, now why did you guys have to report his posts when such a healthy discussion is going on? I'm curious to see where this thread is headed... please rep hiiim before he is banned :p

woah.....this was some read :eek:hyeah: .....i was drawn by the bright red dot as his repu..never saw one earlier.. :ashamed: ...and wen i read the golden words abt him...man i realised he must have ticked the mods real bad....

his memory serves him well it seems..all he can remember is gold plated wires.. :rofl:

that pixel fill rate of 0.4 is awesome... :yahoo:

iGo said:
No offence mate... but so far in my life I've heard that dialog by girls only. Never expected it to hear on Tech forum.
My girlfriend would call me and my friends bore when we would discuss tech and gadgets for long time... and the best part is that my girlfriend is kinda techie/gadget freak herself. :p

And while I agree with you that to enjoy the games, the eye candy is not really necessary. But to enjoy the game, you at least need DECENT framerates (and by decent I mean 30+ at least) !!
Ah! peasants, me is back.

igo you are a royal bore. i thought you knew that. its absolutely true. dont ever dispute that again.

the playable framerate is an interesting question. the human sees framerates of more than 24fps as one continuous motion. films are shot at 24fps. but there are differences between different people. some claim to be able to spot diffrences between frames at 50fps others cant at 20. although it may not look good i found crysis playable even at 15. part of it is due to their new motion blur technology.

Motion Blur and its Effects on Gaming

in any case i still say even framerates are not that important compared to imagination. the human brain fills in many of the gaps left by technology. take printed comics for eg. they are 2d, 0 framerate, no audio, not very realistic graphics but are throughly enjoyable. why because of your imagination. sometimes they can be soo good that you loose thought that they are just printed paper.

Graphic Cards R.I.P: End of the graphic card.

with comming of crysis and games starting to reach photorealistic levels the question is how long game developers can continue to improve graphics. maybe for a few years more then at some level the improvement of graphics has to stop.

as it is the cost of developing games is reaching astounding levels. at one point game developers will start to concentrate less on good graphics and more on gameplay.

then lets suppose onboard gpu development continues and reaches the level that they can easily play these games then why would anyone need graphic cards anymore?

some people in intel also seem to agree with me check out this link:

Macsimum News - Is the end of dedicated video cards in sight?
the graphic card is dead! long live the graphic card.

Utinam barbari alum tuum invadant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back