Big Let down by Prime ABGB

I have not been blaming anybody for my problems. I was only asking for help. I expressed disappointment with TE and Prime, and clearly, you guys don't want any criticism. I wouldn't want anybody to get the same experience with TE or Prime, and hence I won't recommend it to anyone. I don't know how that turned into blaming. I patiently waited for half a month expecting a reply, and now all that I get in response is a ban warning. Funny, it's the moderators responsibility to ban people, but not help them. As far I can tell, I have received only warnings and insults. I tried every possible test and configuration before dragging my PC to Prime. I doubt that is something to "lol" about. If you read my older thread, you would know how much I tried solving this problem. I searched everywhere, google. I tried memory testing, HDD testing, Prime95. Sometimes, the problem would show up, other times it wouldn't. I didn't want you to solve my problem, atleast tell me what to test, and what not to. I know techenclave is a private affair now. And only the rich folks and close friends get help.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Had I purchased at ITWares, and my PC gone kaput, you would have been ethically responsible for not cross-checking a dealer completely. I was surprised at the way he was chatting in front of me with his friend. I ran out of there as quickly as I could. People come to techenclave asking for help, and most of them don't know shit about PCs. I didn't know you guys catered to only the rich few. Even I should have posted about Pee-Pee sounds coming from my PC, and I would have gotten replies. My post has been quite descriptive of my problem, but instead of reading it and helping me, you guys are busy pushing me around. The mods are busy banning me.

LOL so much rant for not helping where just a bump to previous thread would have made your earlier thread to be noticed by some members and you could have got your necessary help.

just cut it out you are not helping your image and your reputation at TE.

P.S : your 100th post approaching talk sensible :p

rich folks and friends? wth is that supposed to mean? you just keep getting better! damn ! ur posts are as entertaining as our resident jingoist's posts (l33t_sniper_max) !!

unonymouz said:
I have not been blaming anybody for my problems. I was only asking for help. I expressed disappointment with TE and Prime, and clearly, you guys don't want any criticism. I wouldn't want anybody to get the same experience with TE or Prime, and hence I won't recommend it to anyone. I don't know how that turned into blaming. I patiently waited for half a month expecting a reply, and now all that I get in response is a ban warning. Funny, it's the moderators responsibility to ban people, but not help them. As far I can tell, I have received only warnings and insults. I tried every possible test and configuration before dragging my PC to Prime. I doubt that is something to "lol" about. If you read my older thread, you would know how much I tried solving this problem. I searched everywhere, google. I tried memory testing, HDD testing, Prime95. Sometimes, the problem would show up, other times it wouldn't. I didn't want you to solve my problem, atleast tell me what to test, and what not to. I know techenclave is a private affair now. And only the rich folks and close friends get help

Had I purchased at ITWares, and my PC gone kaput, you would have been ethically responsible for not cross-checking a dealer completely. I was surprised at the way he was chatting in front of me with his friend. I ran out of there as quickly as I could. People come to techenclave asking for help, and most of them don't know shit about PCs. I didn't know you guys catered to only the rich few. Even I should have posted about Pee-Pee sounds coming from my PC, and I would have gotten replies. My post has been quite descriptive of my problem, but instead of reading it and helping me, you guys are busy pushing me around. The mods are busy banning me.
Its not as if a dealer owns Intel/ Corsair and manufacturers a part. The only one to blame is the company which made the particular product. Once u get a product from a dealer then if anything goes wrong then its between you and the respective company's service center.

You cant hold TE members responsible for not helping u out as many have said here. They may not know what the problem may. Also technically Prime doesnt owe to test and troubleshoot ur rig. You just pay money for the product they sell u. Its just their good will to help out customers so that their business grows due to word of mouth (Which seems to have diminished due to the change of staff)

If u arent able to resolve the problem urself/ forum members are unable to guess wat might cause it, then its better to get a trained engineer to ur place to trouble shoot the issue rather than ranting.

First calm down and think before blaming the whole world that u are unable to trouble shoot the rig.

Moderators are responsible to maintain forum decorum and to infract/ ban ppl who dont follow forum rules. They are not obliged to help you trouble shoot ur PC.(In the first place they may not even know how to in ur case)

U should first understand that ppl here share their +ve/-ve opinions about the dealers and try to help each other out from whatever knowledge they have. How many ppl have u helped out in the forums with ur knowledge. All i can see is buying advice and trouble shooting threads from u. Ppl here are not paid PC technicians to troubleshoot all ur issues.

Better log off from TE and try to contact particular service centers and start getting ur parts RMAed or get a qualified technician and find out what the issue may be.

Let me end this stuff ... everyone at TE is a n00b and nobodys gonna help you :) ... don expect anything good from us ... caz we are not here for anything good ... we just know how to boast n blabber shit :) ....

this would have made him happy :D ... now stop getting frustrated !!!

God, I wasn't blaming you. I was just DISAPPOINTED. I was asking for help. Clearly, now you guys are a little more mellow and less insulting. As far as me being a village idiot, and being compared to a lunatic, I have told you guys about my poor financial status, so yes, I'm a little nervous. And giving me a warning, and treating me in this way does not help. You guys don't understand how much patiently I waited and tried to solve this problem for months before being so direct like this. Waiting for 2 months is long enough I think. And I did bump that thread with updates whenever possible.

If you don't want to reply, don't reply, but don't insult like this. It's bad enough I'm wasting time at home not studying. If you guys cannot help me, don't insult. I join both hands and beg you. You guys are clearly in a better place than I am. And I don't think I can take any more of your insults. If you cannot help me, don't insult.

I request Prime to test with another PSU.

unonymouz said:
I have not been blaming anybody for my problems. I was only asking for help. I expressed disappointment with TE and Prime, and clearly, you guys don't want any criticism. I wouldn't want anybody to get the same experience with TE or Prime, and hence I won't recommend it to anyone. I don't know how that turned into blaming. I patiently waited for half a month expecting a reply, and now all that I get in response is a ban warning. Funny, it's the moderators responsibility to ban people, but not help them. As far I can tell, I have received only warnings and insults. I tried every possible test and configuration before dragging my PC to Prime. I doubt that is something to "lol" about. If you read my older thread, you would know how much I tried solving this problem. I searched everywhere, google. I tried memory testing, HDD testing, Prime95. Sometimes, the problem would show up, other times it wouldn't. I didn't want you to solve my problem, atleast tell me what to test, and what not to. I know techenclave is a private affair now. And only the rich folks and close friends get help.

Are you a Troll Bait or is this for real? I can make out that you are harping the same tune to bait people into insulting you.
For the First and the Last time, Incase no one replied to your thread for 15 days it isnt TEs fault.
Maybe noone suffered from the Same problem!
Maybe no one gave a shit about someone who just posts here when he requires something from the forum.
TEs member are in no way obliged to answer to your queries they do it of their own accord.
PC making a Sound is a common problem thats why it attracted so many replies.
Now quit posting about your DISAPPOINTED and go and study!

Again, I'm making it clear, as I have in my first posts, that nobody has to reply. Just as I waited for weeks in the previous thread, I will wait here also. My only aim was to be more direct, to get a speedy answer. I just didn't expect to be insulted so badly.

Shit, I've been only ASKING people, I didn't ask anybody to come and reply. I'm surprised why I'm getting so many useless replies. Each time somebody replies, I get happy thinking that somebody has the same problem as mine, and each time it's another insult. Totally uncalled for.

When did I say that I blamed TE for my faulty PC? If you can pinpoint that out, then please do? Because all this rant has been about that. When did I pinpoint TE members for my fault? I've been only asking for help!!!

unonymouz said:
God, I wasn't blaming you. I was just DISAPPOINTED. I was asking for help. Clearly, now you guys are a little more mellow and less insulting. As far as me being a village idiot, and being compared to a lunatic, I have told you guys about my poor financial status, so yes, I'm a little nervous. And giving me a warning, and treating me in this way does not help. You guys don't understand how much patiently I waited and tried to solve this problem for months before being so direct like this. Waiting for 2 months is long enough I think. And I did bump that thread with updates whenever possible.

If you don't want to reply, don't reply, but don't insult like this. It's bad enough I'm wasting time at home not studying. If you guys cannot help me, don't insult. I join both hands and beg you. You guys are clearly in a better place than I am. And I don't think I can take any more of your insults. If you cannot help me, don't insult.

I request Prime to test with another PSU.
Did it even occur to u that ppl who went through ur thread may not be aware of whats the exact problem with ur rig :|
All ur stuff will have a minimum 3 years warranty. So why fret about it. I agree getting stuff RMAed will leave ur PC unusable till stuff arrives. But then thats bad luck.
Prime is doing the testing for free or did u pay them. If free then there is nothing much than u can do as they are doing u a favour(which they are not obliged to)
AFAIK Corsair RMA's their stuff real quick(mostly in 3-5 days)
I once again re iterate better get it diagnosed well. Try a different PSU/ Different RAM/ Differennt mobo. When no one is sure of what is wrong this is the best possible advice one can give. It may help u to find which part is the culprit.
If still issue persists then RMA all possible parts that may lead to this issue.

Right now, Prime is not able to contact the Corsair RMA centre in Bangalore. They got many many BSODs, so they want to change the HDD. I asked them to change the PSU and check with another one. RAM has been changed once, but it gave the same fault again, so I'm not sure about that. Once the RAM comes back, I'll have them check it. Is there anything else I should ask them to check? My GFX is working fine. Should I ask the technicians for anything specific? My RAM was sent for RMA on 6th of Sept. They are charging me 250rs for this checking.

You guys want me to try another motherboard??? :eek: What do I tell them? They took a bit of convincing to change PSUs and check with a new one.

Dont get a new motherboard.Once your RAM is Rma'ed try to check it for fews days and incase if gives you the same error than you can try a diffrent al cheapo PSU and dont insert your GFX card on that al cheapo PSU.

Try using it for sometime and check whether you are getting any BSOD's

unonymouz said:
Right now, Prime is not able to contact the Corsair RMA centre in Bangalore. They got many many BSODs, so they want to change the HDD. I asked them to change the PSU and check with another one. RAM has been changed once, but it gave the same fault again, so I'm not sure about that. Once the RAM comes back, I'll have them check it. Is there anything else I should ask them to check? My GFX is working fine. Should I ask the technicians for anything specific? My RAM was sent for RMA on 6th of Sept. They are charging me 250rs for this checking.

You guys want me to try another motherboard??? :eek: What do I tell them? They took a bit of convincing to change PSUs and check with a new one.
No i was just saying thats the best one can suggest ie juggling with different parts and try to find out which is the culprit.

Btw why RMA the RAM from Blore when there is a Kaizen service center in Mumbai? :S

Kaizen Infoserve Private Limited.

Kaizen Infoserve Private Limited.

:eek: motherboard??? God, I will try putting up my RAM for checking once it gets to Prime. I'll check my Board at last. I will have to wait till they check the PC with a new HDD, so a few weeks more for that.

Okay, so,

Check RAM when it comes back from RMA.

PSU getting checked right now.

Get HDD RMAed.

Get HDD and new RAM checked.

Eventually, if nothing works, check Motherboard.

:( It's like a month of testing more!!!

Btw, the RAM is already given at Prime on the 6th of Sept. I can't do anything about it now. I wish I had known earlier.

These h/w issues take a lot of iterations and googling and troubleshooting... I usually buy new h/w when I have one system up and running so that I can search for solutions and doubts....

Its different for everyone.... My Ip35E behaves so weird at times but I still love my system....

Things I normally do
1) Reset bios
2) Single RAM one at a time
3) Reset Bios take out battery... press power switch to discharge capacitors
4) Disconnect all HDDs
5) try with a diff HDD
6) Use Linux live versions
7) Check power cables
8) Even let the system cool down
So you see it takes a lot of iterations and effort to get it working if h/w fails... luck plays a major role...

In PC high end hardware is more complex and sometimes needs more tinkering than a cheapo system.... So the logic tht I paid 60k and all should work, well it doesn't work

But I enjoy tinkering and trouble shooting... If you wanted to avoid tht you should get a one with system warranty and dont assemble it urself....

I checked with 7 different installs of windows 7.

I checked with 2 HDDs

I updated mobo and BIOS drivers.

Ran everything at default CMOS settings.

Underclocked.

Purchased an APC UPS

Submitted my Corsair RAM for RMA

Got problems with new Gskill RAM in one day.

Submitted my PC.

They said no problems for a week.

Submitted my HDD, now they got BSODs too.

I think a few more permutations are left! :D

It's true. ABGB sucks at RMA. I've spent hours in their back office waiting just to be told to come again next week. I had a few words with the people who were there for RMA just like me and many of them said they were used to it. I think it takes 3-4 trips for RMA at primeabgb.

:eek: what??? I don't want to go there again, there's this one rude lady out there, and they usually make her handle all the bad stuff. Shit, I'm going to be determined. Now atleast I know what order to solve and troubleshoot my parts now. It's going to be a more smoother process.

unonymouz said:
http://www.techenclave.com/cpu-mobo-corner/kernel-power-41-problems-detected-during-174663.html

My older post, to which nobody replied.

If anybody comes here asking how to spend money, everybody has suggestions, but nobody tried to help me out.

My Corsair RAM hasn't come back from Bangalore yet. Nilima told me that they haven't been able to contact them. I submitted it on the 6th of September, and I have been only told that I will be told when it comes back. I didn't know Prime had such terrible customer service. I guess they have become a little lazy, or maybe only the "rich" folks get speedy RMA.

My PC was never overclocked, never changed any settings, and yet I would get BSODs. Till now the lab technician Preeti, at PrimeABGB told me that they were not getting any problems. Today, they tell me, that they are also getting BSODs all the time, and that HDDs weren't getting detected after a BSOD. They said it's a HDD error. Wonderful. It's been less than 6 months of use.

I won't be recommending PrimeABGB or techenclave to anybody from now on. :clap::thanx:
You have started this thread badly my friend. You are repeatedly claiming that you didn't blame Prime or TE members. We don't care if you blame either but your statement is wrong. See those two points I have highlighted from your first post. I see them as blame. Sorry if you can't see it that way.

Now let us get to your other thread for which you got no reply.

Can anybody guide me?
and
Is my new computer eating up my ram???

These are the only two questions you have asked. Obviously the first question would have an answer if someone can guide you. Those who can't will not answer. Anything wrong with that?

The second question is hilarious. Did you still find the RAM inside the computer?

Getting an answer is usually dependent on how clearly the question is stated. Read your above quoted questions and see whether they are clear.

Just chill. I understand your problem. I can see that you are agitated because you could ill afford the 60000 that you spent on this one. You are probably getting flack from other family members for wasting so much money. Now the point is not to see who to blame but solve the problem.

From the kind of symptoms, I would bet on the PSU being the culprit. Several posts mention that they are trying with a new PSU. What is the result?

@ Dark Angel - I did ask Kaizen about the RMA process for Corsair products and this is what they told me.

[1] Thumb drives--the flash voyager/gt/mini are usually replaced on the desk - no questions asked - if and only if they have the proper corresponding parts - if not they take down your address and have it sent to Bangalore and a brand new thumb drive is sent back to you within 5-7 days. Rmaed my 4Gb flash voyager 3 times got it replaced within 2 minutes the first time - the second time around they took 4 days.

[2] Power Supply Units-- A technician will check each and every socket and power port with their test system - they have a multi meter to take the readings compare it with the actual frequencies the product should deliver - this took 45 minutes for a vx-450 I took a few weeks back. Then if something can be repaired locally they do it within 2-3 days - something minor like a connector replacement. If its major like a faulty pcb/capacitor, they take down your address and have it sent to Bangalore and a brand new SMPS is sent back to you within 5-7 days. I got a brand new vx-450 within 10 days - took a bit longer than I expected.

[3] Ram modules - The technicians check it with their test system and then forward it to Bangalore in most cases and you receive a new memory module/modules with a week. Sometimes, if you are lucky the service center might have the module you bought, in stock, they will replace it on the spot.

The OT hasn't told us about the memory module/ modules he has bought. I am guessing its the XMS 3. In which case the rma from Prime ABGB to CORSAIR in Bangalore and back to Prime ABGB should take 7-10 days.

Back