Big Let down by Prime ABGB

Reading your posts it seems that your HDD is the culprit, but again you said that you tried installing it on 3 different HDD's. This kinda confuses anyone trying to troubleshoot. Try installing Windows XP.. not suggesting you to move to XP but just try it out. I have come across problems were XP doesn't get installed on some machines due to H/W problems where as 7 /Vista get installed and barely limps. Try that and see if there is some other outcome.

sunny27 said:
@ Dark Angel - I did ask Kaizen about the RMA process for Corsair products and this is what they told me.
[1] Thumb drives--the flash voyager/gt/mini are usually replaced on the desk - no questions asked - if and only if they have the proper corresponding parts - if not they take down your address and have it sent to Bangalore and a brand new thumb drive is sent back to you within 5-7 days. Rmaed my 4Gb flash voyager 3 times got it replaced within 2 minutes the first time - the second time around they took 4 days.

[2] Power Supply Units-- A technician will check each and every socket and power port with their test system - they have a multi meter to take the readings compare it with the actual frequencies the product should deliver - this took 45 minutes for a vx-450 I took a few weeks back. Then if something can be repaired locally they do it within 2-3 days - something minor like a connector replacement. If its major like a faulty pcb/capacitor, they take down your address and have it sent to Bangalore and a brand new SMPS is sent back to you within 5-7 days. I got a brand new vx-450 within 10 days - took a bit longer than I expected.

[3] Ram modules - The technicians check it with their test system and then forward it to Bangalore in most cases and you receive a new memory module/modules with a week. Sometimes, if you are lucky the service center might have the module you bought, in stock, they will replace it on the spot.

The OT hasn't told us about the memory module/ modules he has bought. I am guessing its the XMS 3. In which case the rma from Prime ABGB to CORSAIR in Bangalore and back to Prime ABGB should take 7-10 days.
I thought they will give replacements on the spot or once the stock arrives after we submit the RAM. Wasn't aware that they will send the RAM's to Blore if they dont have stock. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm gonna ignore a lot of things said by the TS.

When you encounter a problem you have no experience with and you're not getting much help (happens all the time, and not just in technology) you should break it down into logical blocks. If you're an adept troubleshooter you will get by fine. But it may be that you have no PC troubleshooting experience at all, in which case you have to turn to a tech (usually the guy who built the machine) for help. If that is your situation and you're double-checking, relax. Prime will *have* to get your system running but it will take some time as everything has to be checked on its own and with everything, and your system is not the *only* job they are doing. Be patient.

Let me start by pointing out a possible culprit, the SATA cable. You will get file errors and blue screens. Personally, its the most troublesome culprit because no one ever thinks it is at fault. It may be your problem, or it may not. You can only find out by a process of elimination. Since you're able to get a boot, you're well above that level of issues. I would have run a Memtest first for a day or so to put the memory and CPU in the clear. Most kernel errors are caused by memory instability, but it's not always the RAM sticks themselves at fault. Any OS that uses the hard disk for swap file (Linux and Windows both) treat the disk as part of memory space, so a disk error is also treated as a memory error if the page file gets corrupted.

Now, the exact nature of your problem may not have been encountered by anyone in the past and so your previous thread may have not been replied to, it's a very specific error that may have three or four origins. Don't go around blaming the world if it doesn't help, it sometimes may not. But there are only six or seven components in a system and it's relatively simple to eliminate culprits if you have a spare system. If you don't have one either, you just have to lump it and wait.

About RMA - RMA everywhere takes time. Rashi has an Asus board of mine that was submitted in October last year and I still don't have it. 11 months. It wouldn't matter who submitted it, me or Prime or God himself.

Good luck with your issues. It would help if you lay off the comments and post a status, it's easier for us to separate the sarcasm and get to the heart of the matter. It might also if you open a new thread or update your earlier one and maybe get some more reasonable traffic. Also, a simple comment like "I tried it already" doesn't work. Describe what you did in detail, and what results you got. Maintain a written record if you have a problem remembering. did the blue screens increase or decrease in frequency, are the error codes the same? Different?

And finally, chill it. We're all here to help, sometimes things get dropped. There is no need to make a point of it, focus on the issue and not the people.

Yes, its the XMS3, 2x2GB kits, 1333 mhz, 9-9-9-24. When I purchased this PC, swapnil told me that they send the parts for servicing, so, I thought its better to give it here. I never knew this would be the case. I never knew that ABGB was notorious for RMA. I submitted it on the 6th of September, and no word of it since.

I see a post here in this section with a guy asking for help to purchase a rig for almost 1 lakh. 68 replies, and over 1,800 views. I kept updating my posts in that section whenever I found a problem. But I was confused about how to diagnose it. The only thing I mentioned in the beginning of this post was that I would not recommend TE, or Prime to anybody because I had faced such a problem. Why is that such a crime? Only when I gave a direct approach to my post, did you guys turn around, and man, I wish this post remains a sticky to anybody who feels bad. If you have any complaints about TE, don't tell them. They won't appreciate it.

unonymouz said:
Yes, its the XMS3, 2x2GB kits, 1333 mhz, 9-9-9-24. When I purchased this PC, swapnil told me that they send the parts for servicing, so, I thought its better to give it here. I never knew this would be the case. I never knew that ABGB was notorious for RMA. I submitted it on the 6th of September, and no word of it since.

I see a post here in this section with a guy asking for help to purchase a rig for almost 1 lakh. 68 replies, and over 1,800 views. I kept updating my posts in that section whenever I found a problem. But I was confused about how to diagnose it. The only thing I mentioned in the beginning of this post was that I would not recommend TE, or Prime to anybody because I had faced such a problem. Why is that such a crime? Only when I gave a direct approach to my post, did you guys turn around, and man, I wish this post remains a sticky to anybody who feels bad. If you have any complaints about TE, don't tell them. They won't appreciate it.
U are still not getting it. Do u? Its easier to recommend stuff than help trouble shooting it.

Okay,

I don't get any file errors, or any events in my Event Viewer to indicate the HDD is at fault. The only problem is that when a BSOD occurs, my SATA drives and rom do not get detected. I have to start from a cold boot.

The BSODs occurs randomly. Sometimes on idle, sometimes while playing games, sometimes when browsing. I haven't been able to pinpoint my problem. The BSOD stays on for a few seconds, the memory dumps and bang, its gone. I think I may have some dump files, if they haven't formatted my HDD again.

Sometimes, Windows memory diagnostic gives errors, sometimes it doesn't. It's quite random, and it definitely gives a memory error after a BSOD.

I've searched many posts online, and they all seem to agree that the vx450 is enough for my system. I'm not overclocking anything at all. I even underclocked!!!

I tried disabling the page file, but that didn't help either.

I recieved a mail from Corsair saying that my RAM is with them and they haven't dispatched it yet. I don't know when that will happen.

Prime said that they will check my PC with a new SMPS but it took some convincing. So, I'm a little worried about how to convince them about a motherboard check!!!

The temporary Gskill ram i got also gave errors in 24 hours. It was brand new and box packed. I even purchased an APC UPS. But that didn't help either.

Prime said that my HDD is at fault because they get BSODs with my HDD but not theirs. Also, they use a 32 bit OS for testing, whereas, mine is 64 bit. Next time I will ask them to install windows xp and check for errors, but I fear their patience is wearing thin.

Thank you for answering me so nicely now. I wish you guys had been a little compassionate in the morning.

whew still OP cribbing about not helping him...like darkagnel said its easier to suggest buying stuff than to troubleshoot...

It was directed at Emil. I didn't mean to bother you guys again for asking help. Clearly you guys would rather tell me to jump off a cliff.

I'm getting a few decent replies, and honestly, thats all that I want. Thanks. I won't be bothering you again.

You seem to have eliminated pretty much everything except the core components.

Can you post the dump files. They are invaluable for troubleshooting.

If you get the PC back, switch off 'automatically Reboot' in the system advanced menu, that way you'll get enough time to write the error code down. Write it down, usually there is a help topic that will point to a few possible culprits. Google is very helpful in searching for 0xc errors, I've managed to fix some knotty problems. Don't just go and do the first thing, a doctor has to poke around to find a problem, and so will you, try to do things that make the problem become worse, only then you can identify the source. Random BSODs are almost always due to a memory issue, or one in the memory controller, or in the supply lines to the memory chips. The three are in three different pieces of hardware, so it's not going to be easy. It's not been two weeks - trust me, you'd be waiting much longer if were to try and do it on your own.

Now,

If the SATA controllers are not accessible in warm reboot it is pretty much a mainboard fault. That's a second clue, but it could still be pretty much anything.

BSODs will not vary across 64 and 32-bit OSes if there is a hardware issue. If indeed there is a difference (I assume they are using your install on the disk and not just the hardware), I would blame your copy of the OS. You should try talking to Microsoft or the retailer you bought it from, or borrow another copy to test it with.

@unonymouz:

So to summarize : You wouldn't recommend Google because you didn't know how to search and find out about solutions to your problems? perfect!!

Almost all hardware issues can be investigated by putting few efforts, like running PC with different components removed one at a time to isolate the culprit. Sitting here and reading your problems we can only suggest ideas and not give you definite diagnostics of your issue. But before even asking had you searched you would have found the similar Kernel 41 issue that another member was facing and with little efforts we were able to isolate the RAM to be culprit. Kernel 41 is not an error caused by hardware but the signal/error logged when Kernel is powered down unexpectedly (such as power failure, turning the PC off without shutting down OS etc.). It's difficult to tell what caused Kernel 41 just like the BSOD error #24 (which is hardware error with a VERY vague description and doesn't tell which hardware component caused it). That same Kernel 41 issue we faced, we had bought those RAM sticks (GSkill) from newegg and had to ship them back to get it replaced. Guess what, we still haven't received them (some issue with GSkill to get the same model). Tell me who should we blame now? Newegg? GSkill Service Department? GSkill engineering department for making those sticks?

Nobody appreciates a lazy bum who can't put efforts, can't search and don't have patience and then come whining about how nobody helped him. You probably will cursing entire computer industry for rest of your life.... and with the same attitude I guess almost everything else apart from computers.

Hmm, I thought my RAM was at fault too. I searched everywhere, and the obvious points were RAM and PSU. I gave the RAM for RMA. I got a new GSkill RAM for temporary use. But it gave RAM errors too in 24 hours. I don't know why you guys are throwing random insults. I did search google. I searched the forums too. I tried everything. I don't know why you guys are getting personal and insulting me so much. I hope you understand you're not treating me in the right way. I have only been asking for help and guidance. And I've been getting insults in return.

Aces first gave me an ultimatum, and then later helped me. How funny is that. The only solution he gave me was checked by me weeks ago. I did search google. If you guys took the time to read my posts you would understand that I've tried most combinations and swapped most of the parts.

Dude just please stop responding for a while. This thing is boiling over.

I understand your money is at stake.

Contact prime, if they still can't fix it please take your system back.

Secondly, you live in Mumbai, there are lots of members who could help you out, if you could just ask people politely they will help you out.

As you have tested everything else, please ask someone to help you out to check your psu and bring theirs.

If psu is not at fault please rma your motherboard.

Hope this helps.

But please stop justifying yourself here it's making matters worse. All of us respect TE here. Even though you are not blaming TE it looks like you are to others so just stop and let this settle down.

Eh, I don't want to ask anybody from here, I've got enough suggestions as it is. Everybody seems to have a problem, so I don't want to bother them. I never thought you guys handled criticism in such a way. :-o A little shocking, but I think I've been insulted enough. Thanks for all the help. Goodbye.

I don't know why you guys are getting personal and insulting me so much. I hope you understand you're not treating me in the right way. I have only been asking for help and guidance. And I've been getting insults in return.

The answer, trust me, lies within the first few posts you made, clearly accusing members of not helping you (like it was mandatory?) and holding TE responsible (however indirect it was) for not being able to find the right shop or troubleshoot your computer. Perhaps, you don't find that apparent, but most of us here do.

Some of those who hurled insults at you, probably love/respect/addicted to TE that much, so as to feel the need to defend it against such allegations.

Just think of TE, as a place where like minded people, come to learn and share *tech gyan*, hence the name Tech Enclave.

Think the rest has been conveyed in previous posts.

Good luck with your computer repairs. :)

unonymouz said:
Hmm, I thought my RAM was at fault too. I searched everywhere, and the obvious points were RAM and PSU. I gave the RAM for RMA. I got a new GSkill RAM for temporary use. But it gave RAM errors too in 24 hours. I don't know why you guys are throwing random insults. I did search google. I searched the forums too. I tried everything. I don't know why you guys are getting personal and insulting me so much. I hope you understand you're not treating me in the right way. I have only been asking for help and guidance. And I've been getting insults in return.

Aces first gave me an ultimatum, and then later helped me. How funny is that. The only solution he gave me was checked by me weeks ago. I did search google. If you guys took the time to read my posts you would understand that I've tried most combinations and swapped most of the parts.

My older post, to which nobody replied.
If anybody comes here asking how to spend money, everybody has suggestions, but nobody tried to help me out.

I won't be recommending PrimeABGB or techenclave to anybody from now on.

This is what u said inthe first post. U started it back then. Accusing members are not willing to help u. When a member questioned the logic behind this u went on with another post.

unonymouz said:
Funny, when I posted asking for further directions, and guidance as to what should I do, nobody replied. But you guys are quick to assume that I'm blaming TE/Prime ABGB. Hmm, you must have security issues.

My only concern was that nobody else should face similar problems after shelling out a premium price, and a rig that cost them 60,000. I have been patient, and spoken my words very kindly, and yet I expected this "Prime ABGB rockzorr, you suckzorrr, you suckzorrr, TE rockzorrr" kind of attitude. Grow up, will you?

I am not trying to prevent people from joining techenclave. My only worry is that I shouldn't give out bad advice to anybody else. Whenever somebody asked me about a new purchase, I would always direct them to PrimeABGB without thinking twice. But knowing the kind of shabby response I have endeared from you fellas, makes me want to step back.

Just because you got your questions answered doesn't mean that somebody else had the same experience. It would be a small step towards maturity for you if you respected my opinion, in the same way I respect yours pratik.

That's why I mentioned the poor/rich thing. I thought, techenclave was a place where gray matters. But, if somebody buys a new HDTV, or a 500 dollar headphone, everybody has a comment, but problems such as these are dealt no better than rashi deals with his customers.

EDIT : My RAM was submitted on the 6th of September. They have not "been in touch" with the RMA center at Bangalore since then. They say that their "mobile was not answering". Weird. I called them up two days ago, and Nilima was very quick to hang up. When I asked her if she wanted to hang up on me, she said Yes. Would you believe that?
GGT agreed that Prime is becoming worse now a days. The other member said he has had good experience with Prime.
In fact the shop is not responsible if ur h/w fails after they sell it. Dont know how long it will take for u to understand this.

Then the next, Rashi is the service center and they get paid to service u. TE is a place where memebers share their opinion on stuff. They are not paid to trouble shoot ur h/w for u. A person who know tech a little can suggest that Bravia/ Samsung is good HDTV for 40k. But not many know how to troublshoot when a particular problem occurs.

You started it by accusing the forum and members when they were not at fault. You got few comments back from members.

Not everyone knows what Kernel 41 error is. A buying query can be answered by most ppl who are in touch with h/w developments and prices. Trouble shooting is not the same.

If u accuse the forum for no reason u will get banned. Mods are well within his right to do it.

^ Just let it be, mate. He's had enough for today and has probably heard it all.

It also looks like he has his computer problems sorted (figured) out.

Let's not aggravate this any further. :)

Unon

whats done is done, sorry for what you faced. my experience is entirely different from Prime and as said above only store on entire lamington who helps you RMA rest just say do it urself(again limited exeperience)

many times i have got some answers here many times no answers. it could be it was unique problem or many times when u describe your problem it could be very vague that no one wants to put their heads to it ... or its so detailed that after reading it all feel that it seems u done all that can be done n no point of trying again.

Its all rite if u say u aint blaiming any one here, but we all are only people with suggestion..... what is best ram .... we can only suggest from our limited knowledge or hearsay...

all those who are telling you that why u blaming becoz ur first post sounds like victimized and two parties who have harrased u are TE n PRime :).

just a thought.... so rather let it be ..... pursue ur case to Prime or get from them the no. of person or name of person whom they have given your ram to and then follow with them.

Kaizen is awesome service and got my SMPS replaced from Kaizen via prime in 4 days.

get to root with prime and try and find out who is person whom u should speak to in Kaizen for quick response.

Guys, can we move on please. If you want to take the TS to task for his earlier posts, please send him PMs. TS, there is a delay between turning a wheel and the wheels turning. Take the rest of the day off, and things settle down. As I said, go back to your troubleshooting thread and we'll try and help, once you have new information or the system back.

I've gotta say this : I'm not surprised @ Prime's falling reputation or to see someone and a few members complain about their service standards. Having recently had a difficult time with them over a simple RMA and on another ocassion .. a shockingly wrong quote for a Belkin product that was over 500/- on their website price! If i had not checked their site before calling in for the price.. i would not have known straight off that something was wrong with the quote!

I concluded that Prime has possibly started resting on their laurels and the customer base they have built over time. I never faced a problem with Meenal handling the sales, but ever since she left.. it's been less than great

Unfortunately though some of the old people there are still good at their job... i would have to say overall.. it has begun to be a concern to me.

I hope that some of their top guys who browse these forums and pay attention to customer feedback... take note of this. I remember Gulbir saying he checks out all the online forums time to time.. it would be a crying shame if Prime end up just like all the other dealers on Lamington Road who treat you like an ordinary person and dont care to go that extra mile to either entertain your business or cultivate a lasting trust

Back