Blue Screen error in Windows 7

Aman31:

Let us start from scratch, you might find it tedious -- if you do, then do not follow my advice.

1. Reset the BIOS to factory defaults.

2. Pull out the graphics accelerator, blow a couple of times on the PCI.E Dock (hard) -- reinstall in physically.

3. Remove ALL overclock software from you system. Any AMD utility which helps in desktop OC, MSI afterburner etc.

4. Update your system to CCC 9.12.

5. Update your Win7 -- go to the updates option in Win7, and manually request all available updates. It might throw some language packs at you, do not install those.

6. Re-install all your motherboard chipset drivers. Just run them again -- they will overlay the existent installations.

7. Update to latest Dx11 version available.

8. Install the official monitor drivers -- it SHOULD NOT show as a generic PnP device.

Post back...! Best of luck..!

asingh said:
Aman31:

Let us start from scratch, you might find it tedious -- if you do, then do not follow my advice.

1. Reset the BIOS to factory defaults.
2. Pull out the graphics accelerator, blow a couple of times on the PCI.E Dock (hard) -- reinstall in physically.
3. Remove ALL overclock software from you system. Any AMD utility which helps in desktop OC, MSI afterburner etc.
4. Update your system to CCC 9.12.
5. Update your Win7 -- go to the updates option in Win7, and manually request all available updates. It might throw some language packs at you, do not install those.
6. Re-install all your motherboard chipset drivers. Just run them again -- they will overlay the existent installations.
7. Update to latest Dx11 version available.
8. Install the official monitor drivers -- it SHOULD NOT show as a generic PnP device.

Post back...! Best of luck..!

Thanks for the help:) will surely do this and let you know the result,but there was a change in my rig i.e i changed my graphics card to MSI gtx 275 and installed the latest driver, that's why after so long i had this blue screen error, before it was because of ati driver i.e installing CCC 9.11 i was getting error but thanks to LBM (19th post) installing driver given by him solved my issue, its being 2 weeks i didn't get any error after changing my card,but suddenly some thing happen, asingh can you tell me what is this amdppm.sys

aman 31 dude you need to give us the stop error code it will be in the form of 0x00000XX so give me that ill tell you exactly whats happening or click a pic of that error code

else there is nothing that can be said +vely

you can check the BSOD code from performance monitor

try booting in safe mode and if you still get BSOD then its hardware issue

and do this as well Go to control panel, performance and maintenance, system, advanced tab, startup and recovery settings, under system failure uncheck automatically restart.

this way you can pause the BSOD

It is a driver file, for the AMD CPU.

Product name AMD Processor Driver

Company name Advanced Micro Devices

File description AMD Processor Driver

Internal name AmdPPM.sys

Original filename AmdPPM.sys

Legal copyright Copyright © AMD, Inc.2002-2006

Product version 1.0.0

File version 1.0.0 built by: WinDDK

*taken from amdppm.sys

Try a chipset driver reinstall, it should resolve the issue.

manpreetsingh46 said:
aman 31 dude you need to give us the stop error code it will be in the form of 0x00000XX so give me that ill tell you exactly whats happening or click a pic of that error code

else there is nothing that can be said with surity

OK but where and how will get that code click...its just for few second or tell me some utility like bluescreen view in which i can see the error code

@asingh then will installing amd cpu driver in windows 7 installing with xp mode(once i tried it it was installed successfully) should i do it

^^

Why would you install the chipset drivers in 'XP mode'. Do it normally..? Goto the win7 desktop, and install the win7 64 bit drivers for your chipset.

asingh said:
^^
Why would you install the chipset drivers in 'XP mode'. Do it normally..? Goto the win7 desktop, and install the win7 64 bit drivers for your chipset.

No i installed chipset driver normally for windows 7 64bit but there is another setup for AMD cpu driver in MSI mobo cd which is only for xp so i installed it with xp mode in windows7

OOh..you did not need to. One set is more than enough. Okay do this,

DL the latest Win7 64 BIT chipset drivers, from the web. The CD might have legacy. Uninstall the chipset drivers, reinstall. No need to do it twice.

asingh said:
OOh..you did not need to. One set is more than enough. Okay do this,

DL the latest Win7 64 BIT chipset drivers, from the web. The CD might have legacy. Uninstall the chipset drivers, reinstall. No need to do it twice.

Downloaded and re-installed the latest chipset driver from the web there was only two setup i.e northbridge and raid xpert, and the version of CCC is still 9.4:mad:

NOW WTF IS THIS ERROR ALL CODES ARE THERE:mad:
94240854.jpg

I've got this same BSOD thingy happening on my system lately. I've installed Win7 (note its licensed) on the machine.. It restarts very often. Infact, at times it just never allows me to get past the login screen and throws the goddamit BSOD screen... Most of the time the screen says Memory Management.. and if i luckily happen to get past the login and check the event viewer it shows Kernel Power EventId 41 error. More weird is starting the machine after a few hours of shutdown causes it to fail more rapidly ! FYI i've formatted and reinstalled i guess 5 times now with different versions of Windows 7 also the Enterprise Edition (Please note all licensed.. downloaded from msdn. My work partners have a volume license)

I've checked nemerous forums to check these random restarts and all of them have varied answers and some of them have gotten past the solution. But inspite of doing memory diagnostics (which was the most probable option) , HDD diagnostics and a through stress test which were all clean has puzzled me... I tried changing my PSU.. earlier it was Corsair VX450 and i changed and upgraded it to Corsair TX650 just a couple days ago.. thinking it wud solve the issue coz i did read a few forums and a PSU switch / upgrade helped a few... but well it still is the same... :(

Just so you know from my Rig.. my Mobo, Proccy, Ram sticks and Graphic Card were purchased by my cousin in the US. The rest of the components were bought from Prime.. Hoping sum1 can throw sum light on this !

Hey Maggi,

I have noticed that Win 7 is by far a little less stable on overclocked systems as compared with Win XP, kinda cause of all the prefetching, memory loading, unloading going on . My XP system boots fine with my RAM @ >900 Mhz and is superstable even with days of leaving the system on, yet Win 7 bsods within a few minutes giving a page fault, so I have to run my ram downclocked / under a higher divider and then everythings hunky dory.

This is not just an observation, it is demonstrable. I have tested this several times, on different configs even.

Hope this helps.

On Maggi's case... some more info...

We did 16 hour Prime stress test... all OK.

Then we also did memtest86 using UBCD for 8 hours, then Windows Memory Diagnostic... no problems detected with memory.

Just to make sure that HDD is not the culprit... we did HDD diagnostic using same UBCD. No issues there either.

We thought it could be the PSU/voltage problem, hence changed PSU to higher one. I think the only component now left to check would be the graphic card, but that seems to be remote possibility. Also, before I upgraded to 4770 the same card was running nicely (with slight OC) in my rig.

@Free Radical: Funny thing is, at least for now her system isn't overclocked a bit. Everything is running at stock speed and voltages.

Surprisingly, my Q6600 rig is running Win7 RC (build 7100) happily at 3.0 GHz OC and RAM at 850MHz with 4-4-4-12 timings... so I find it surprising that Windows 7 final is not OC friendly. Regardless, I'm under strict warning about OCing her system so mostly that is not going to happen.

This problem is driving me nuts... and if no concrete solutions come out of it, I'm going to try another board just for the heck of it, even if that means I need to buy a new one. Hopefully someone can come up with something that might help. Because of this I haven't installed Win7 final on my system as of yet... but the time is running out for RC and I need to come up with some solution. :(

Yep, even my rig is prime stable / memtest stable, infact I didn't have this issue with win 7/ Vista 32 bit (never tried Vista x64), but with the 64 bit Win 7.

Try Win 7 x86. I am almost certain you'll not get the bsods. I reckon you don't have this problem with WinXP?

Agree with all meghna ,..:: Free Radical ::..,iGo, but before doing all these tests and experiment can't any one on TE is expert in reading those error codes

and like megha told this i found in event viewer

74749124.jpg

Back